Why is Birth controlling not Allowed in Islam!!

galadari

assalamualykum borthers and sisters may allah bless all of you.......

i am often being asked by my frends and im curios as well that is birth controlling allowed in islam?? if not then why is dat? people often debate wid me saying that in families or coutries where people can't even afford to eat properly or could hardly meet their necessities... howcome they afford too many children in ther?? they also say that giving birth to a child is not only about feeding him wid meals and buying him clothes but you have something more to do apart from that such as he/she needs to be sent to a good school and university and needs to be guided properly for a good future and this is only possibe if someone has only one child so that he can save money for that particular child otherwise if he has more 2 or 3 hes got to share his savings ito 3 portions.
moreover, they say that if parents has a land which has a value of around 10000 pounds n has one child, he can atleast use all of it for the childs future but if the parent has 5 children its gna be shared into 2000 each.
And besides coutries like china,bangladesh,india population is increasing so fast that compare to the land of the country the population is more massive so in that case if ppl do not control producing babies what will be the future of that country?

pls help me out wid this... may allah guide us all in the right path
Ameen......

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

To answer your question with authority you need to research fatawas. www.islamonline. net has many articles. I am sure several of the knowledgeable members will give you the details you need. Birth control is allowed under specific circumstances.

But, your question is beyond birth control. Please think of how you go from birth control as a specific to taking on very global questions regarding economic, social and politcal issues. The answers are more universal.

galadari

re:birth controlling not allowed in islam!!

But, your question is beyond birth control. Please think of how you go from birth control as a specific to taking on very global questions regarding economic, social and politcal issues. The answers are more universal.

walykum salam,

dear sister, i think my question wasn't beyond birth control at all, i have said about the consequences of overpopulation in a country (according to those who supports birth controlling) an one of the most popular examples given by those people is the one child policy of china. china has the largest population in da world and to stop their rapid increase of population, the government has implemented one child policy, and most of the people even argue that it really helps. so i just wanted to find out how can i put my evidence according to islam dat lack of birth controlling will not affect a country in the long run.
jazak allah............

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The number of children given to a couple is a blessing of Allah. All the birth control in the world will not stop conception if Allah wills. Even oral contraceptives are not 100%.
When we form articifical barriers such as nations we limit resources. We develop an hierarchy. This nation has lots of resources and land and a small population so the standard of living is very good. This nation has no resources and a large population and they do not ascribe to the same belief system as we do..they are poor.
Hello??? We humans want to control who has children and who doesn't. In France do they not have incentives for more little Frenchies? Japan is suffering from a very low birth rate. In all the years I have been alive..the countries in Asia, Africa, South America have all been blamed for a large population. That is based on fear. It is a known fact that many women from the sectors of northern Europe have difficulty in conception. The women of African, Asian, and South American descent are very, very fertile. There are individual variances.
Please forgive my ignorance but has not Allah told us He is the Provider. If we believe He is the Provider..let us act on that.

galadari

Salaam,

The number of children given to a couple is a blessing of Allah. All the birth control in the world will not stop conception if Allah wills. Even oral contraceptives are not 100%.
When we form articifical barriers such as nations we limit resources. We develop an hierarchy. This nation has lots of resources and land and a small population so the standard of living is very good. This nation has no resources and a large population and they do not ascribe to the same belief system as we do..they are poor.
Hello??? We humans want to control who has children and who doesn't. In France do they not have incentives for more little Frenchies? Japan is suffering from a very low birth rate. In all the years I have been alive..the countries in Asia, Africa, South America have all been blamed for a large population. That is based on fear. It is a known fact that many women from the sectors of northern Europe have difficulty in conception. The women of African, Asian, and South American descent are very, very fertile. There are individual variances.
Please forgive my ignorance but has not Allah told us He is the Provider. If we believe He is the Provider..let us act on that.
masha allah may allah bless us all and help all of us to act on his ways n be firm on our beliefs.

SalmanFarsi

Sallaam alaikum,
just to add to the sister's point, I personally believe the problem is not population. Its the 20/80 wicked theory where 20% of people control 80% of the resources. If we equally shared the resources with justice regardless of color/race/religion/politics, there would be plenty to go for all....for allah's sake, bill gate's wealth equals the same as the total wealth of two or three african countries added together. So lets stop this birth control non-sense and instead talk unconditional justice for all!

fyi, add Russia, Canada and Italy to the list of childless countries paying money for women to bear children.

may allah guide us all, ameen.

-Salman

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2: Dear sister, i watched a video by shaykh Khalid Yasin and he said that abortion isn't allowed because you're killing a baby. In the same way many scholars said that birth control isn't allowed because you are murdering an entire human being. Allah is the provider so if the person is using birth control because they are afraid they cannot take care of the baby, they should really turn to Allah and seek his help. :salam2: :tti_sister:

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
assalamu alaykum

First of all you are a brother so why are you asking? Second in islam if we were allow to use birth control then we would have been allow to do pretty much whatever the nonmuslim do that has to do with the relationship between men & women. In islam men and women who are not marry are prohibited to have any physical contact and if you are good muslim you don't need birth control. But it is also prohibited for marry couples cos they are killing unborn baby or eggs. Mainly birth control is not allow in islam cos they are killing unborn but to be born babies eggs for their enjoyment not for Allahs purpose.

"And who say.'Our Lord, bestown upon us from our spouses and offsprings comfort of eyes and make us the leaders of the pious" (Al-Furqan:47)

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
First of all you are a brother so why are you asking?

Salam

Men really do need to be educated on these subjects, ignorance is not bliss.
Brother galadari thanks for asking this question, I'm not going to give you my answer for this as I'm sure I will have a bunch of people ganging up disagreeing with me, which I really do not want right now.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear Nihm, please look at my link. I did my research. Islam does allow birth control...under specified conditions. Men need to know. If we look at the life of the Holy Prophet (swas ) he answered the most sensitive questions. That is how we learn. In the time of the Holy Prophet (swas ) the most common form of birth control was coitus interruptus...we have more effective methods. Ignorance is not welcomed in Islam. The more we are aware of our physical needs we can attend to our spritual needs.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister Jabba, as I have stated before when we ask questions we have answers and are no longer in the dark. There are many hundred of viewers who are very glad that you do dare ask questions. Think of how you help the faith of those. Please do not hesistate.