why mostly poor and old in Masjid?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

Alhumdulillah, in our society there are many muslims who are rich and highly educated.

but sadly, mostly i find only poor, old and uneducated muslims in the Masjid.

isnt Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of all of us? is Day of Judgment, Paradise, Hell only for the poor and old ones?

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Wallahi brother it's a dilema because these masakeen have realized if they are not ' 'winners' in this life, they will strive to absolutely win in the hereafter and reaching that status then will be gained through a close relationship with Allah. It is those who think they are winners in this life that are the true losers all together !

Walhamdulilah!

Salam

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Love the Poor People

LOVE THE POOR

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man and resurrect me in the company of the poor." His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied: "Because (the poor) will enter Paradise (before) the rich. Do not turn away a poor man even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you love the poor and bring them near you. . .God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376

The Prophet also said: "The people before you were destroyed because they inflicted legal punishments on the poor and forgave the rich." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 778

Rashadi

u r so correct brother and i noticed the masjid i mostly attend is that way. most r only there for enjoyment, kill time and when they don't have a job or they have a government check. it is the poor who r more generous than the rich and good hearted. the rich r usually the ones who tell others that this dunya, money etc is no good but they the ones who r greedy in most cases. but they tell us life is just a test and true that but even wealth is a test for rich and it can be either a blessing in akhira if they r wise or it can be a curse. may Allah guide them and all of us, ameen

happyameerah

Alhamdulillah

Asalamu Alaikum..
Here in London I have met some wonderful muslims and their families who dont have a sustainable income. They are the most loving, the most generous people you will meet. And there topical talks about Islam and worshipping Allah (swt) is so warming. :)

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam

yes brother maybe in the mosques you attend you find poor and old people, but alhumduillilah, the mosque i visit and some other mosques quite close to it have young, educateed and quite rich people (middle class and up) i know this as they donate big sums of money specially in ramadan to run the mosque (as we know to run the mosque in non muslim countries are very expensive specially the uk).but i can see were your comeing from and i agree that most mosques have old and poor people attending it as brother summer03 has stated that they they know they wont get anything in this world so theyl strive for the hearafter.may allah guide everyone the rich and poor, the old and yound to strive for the hearafter and not this dunya which is a test ameen.