Why so shallow??

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
The hijab is a sunnah???

The hijab is a Fard.
Asalamo 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.

A bit off topic but something interesting I've learned. May Allaah reward the brother who set us questions to find answers to in the Haa'iyyah thread.

Both of what you have typed is correct.

According to the Muhaditheen, the hijaab, the beard, eating with the right hand etc is a Sunnah i.e that which explains the Prophet:saw: actions, ways etc.

According to the Fuqaha all the above mentioned stuff is Fardh, as the Fuqaha are concerned with explaining matters which are forbidden, voluntary or are permissible.

So the beard, the Hijaab, eating with the right hand are the Faraidh based on the Sunnah of the Prophet:saw:.

UmmAbdullah99

wa'alikum assalaam wa rahmathulahi wa barakathuhu

the sister was not talking about leaving the sunna,i think...she was just saying that we should follow the sunna not only in outward appearance but also in our behaviour towards others ;and that we must watch what we say...

this is what i understood...who was talking about leaving the sunna...it seems to have been a long talk when i dont think she meant that at all...and Allah knows best

assalaam alaikum

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sister.Yes that’s exactly what I meant:ma:. I just think some people misunderstood me. Kheyr inshaAllah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Words are the most powerful weapon we have. That is why dua is so important. We have to be careful with our words. Given the language differences, cultural contexts, and knowledge of the faith, and the biggie, the maturity level of the writer and reader..we need to revise our thoughts to reflect exactly what we mean.

It came across as a little haughty. That is the only reason I questioned the intent.

I can not for the love of Allah say or assume that a persons faith is shallow. The Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, changed the world with Love. He did not point fingers..it is a process to start walking towards the Path and once on the Path it becomes a marathon.