Why the username? Meaning Behind it...

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

I choose this title because my name actually is Brandon, and when I first came to this website to investigate Islam, I wanted to show that I came from the same family roots as my Arab Muslim brothers and sisters... so I picked "Al'Abraham" (thinking at "Al" meant "from"/"of" at the time ::blush:: ). One of these days I'll ask Mabsoot to change my title to "Brandon bin'Abraham". ;-)

:wasalam:

basheerpkm

trying to be Mu'min

my name "basheer" + family name initials "pkm" = basheerpkm

Ahammed Hassan Basheer PKM

ilmseeker

:salam2: I choose BASIC OF ISLAM = Basicofislam. Cause i feel we all jump to learn all kind of stuff about our religion while our basics are not strong. For me it is a root of a tree. So i am trying to make my roots strong and without insects. So Inshaallah my tree grows and has flowers.

:ma: Very nice.

:bismillah:

In my malay language Hamba means slave or servant.. so HambaAllah
I was a slave to this duniya forsaking lots of my duty as a muslimah but now i that ive been shown the path or way,Alhamdulillah I wish n hope that ill be a slave of Allah till my time is up :inshallah:
:wasalam: :hijabi:

Beautiful, masha'Allah. :hearts:

Assalamulaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh all,

Azra means pure and it was a name I chose when it wanted to revert to Islam a few months back. However, two days prior to my conversion ceremony, my father requested me to maintain my old name. I immediately went to the nearest Islamic Da'wah Centre and aksed for their advice and was told that it would be alright to maintain the name as it sounds Islamic and it does not have any bad meaning.

Cutting the story short, I have decided to maintain my old name after I revert but these days I use the name "Azra" for any online activities.

Wassalam.

Azra is such a beautiful name!

assalamu alaykum

Mabsoot is Arabic for "Happy"

So be happy, wasalam.

Mabsoot, yes I always wondered what that meant. Beautiful :ma:

Abdulraheem is my real name. As you may know, it means servant/slave of the most merciful.
BTW, this is a nice idea for a thread:)

Masha'Allah very good name, JazaakAllah.

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum

I humbly chose alhamdulillah because undeniably, All praises and thanks are (due) to Allah.

Subhan'Allah, i believe it is a recognition that all that Allah has given us or taken from us is without doubt, the best for us; Alhamdulillah.

Allah says, “Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me.” (2:152)

Narrated Abu Malik al-Ash'ari: The Messenger of Allah :saw: said: “Cleanliness is half of faith and Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) fills the scale, and SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah) and Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light, and charity is proof (of one's faith) and endurance is a brightness and the Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you. All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.” (Muslim Book 2, Number 0432.)

Narrated Samurah ibn Jundab: ‘The dearest words to Allah are four: SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah), Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah), La ilaha illallah (There is no god but Allah), and AllahuAkbar (Allah is the Greatest)...’ (Muslim Book 24, Number 5329)

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: Allah's Apostle :saw: said: “Allah is pleased with His servant who says: Alhamdulillah while taking a morsel of food and while drinking.” (Muslim Book 34, Number 6592)

Subhan'Allah, rewardable it is to remember Allah and to Glorify Him at all times. May Allah enable us to be His righteous slaves who are pleased with His Qadr (decree) in all circumstance, Ameen ya Rabb al-Alamin.

Alhamdulillah ala kuli haal
All praises and thanks are due to Allah in every state.

Wasalam

Alhamdulilah! Well said!

I have chosen this nik that i have used for many years and it has just kinda stuck.. its not really an islamic nik:shymuslima1: more for the love that i carry for falasteen.. arabic for Palestine... it is a love that i will carry to my grave and i make dua'a that Allah (swt) opens the door for me to go to the land that pulls my heart strings and calls me to it.
Your sister in islam
Falasteenrose

:ma:

1- Andalusian is a kind of horses. I choose it to refer to all civilisations especially Greek and Arab etc. in which horses had a big role in all aspects of life (economics, socials...) and still have till today...
Horse also had a big role when islam was revealed, it's a symbol of freedom, energy and fidelity.
2- Also Andalusian or Andalucian refer to Andalucia when the islamic civilisation was so flourished in Spain. Eventhough some people still have doubt about this fact!!!

this is a Black Andalusian
View attachment 824

Wow, that's awesome. :ma: Learned a thing or two, thanks.

JazaakAllahu Khayr for replying everyone! Like I said before, the members here have really nice, unique names....masha'Allah, and the meanings behind them are even more wonderful. :hearts:

JazaaKAllah everyone.

Sis Ilmseeker

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Abdul Hasib means 'Servant of the Reckoner' and I liked it at that time but there are other great names. http://www.islam.com/Mbabynames.asp?cnt=26&sex=Male

Oh yeah this isn't my real name but I'd like all my muslim brothers and sisters calling me Brother Abdul Hasib. Now I like Abdul Rasheed but I'll keep my name.
Ever since I joined this site I've always said Masboot instead of Mabsoot.:lol: I've only noticed the differance a few days ago.

one ummah

To every ummah (was sent) a Messenger: when their Messenger comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged. (10:47)

Mankind was but one ummah, but differed (later). Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, their differences would have been settled between them. (10:19)

Mankind was one single ummah. And Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the People of the Book after the clear Signs came to them, did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace guided the Believers to the Truth, concerning what wherein they differed. For Allah guides whom He will to a path that is straight. (2:213)

We can see from these ayats (verses, clear proofs) that Allah, The Most High, makes commentaries in the Qur'an about past ummahs stating that Messengers were sent to all of them, yet they still chose to split into sects through nothing more than "selfish contumacy."(and hatred)

There are other places in the Qur'an where Allah speaks specifically about this Ummah (meaning the ummah of Muhammad, upon whom be peace). Allah has given this Ummah a special, honored position to be inheritors of the earth, and with that position comes responsibility.

Thus have We made of you an Ummah justly balanced. That you might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves; and We appointed the Qibla to which you were used, only to test those who followed the Messenger from those who would turn on their heels (from the Faith). Indeed it was (a change) momentous, except to those guided by Allah. And never would Allah make your faith of no effect, for Allah is to all people most surely full of Kindness, Most Merciful. (2:143)

This ayat discusses the change in qibla (direction of prayer) from Jerusalem to the sacred mosque in Makkah. This change was a test of faith for the Ummah among the many tests they were given. The true faithful among them would stay united throughout the tests. Also, the message given to this Ummah puts us in a position to be witnesses over the issues that caused divisions among past ummahs.

If Allah so willed, He could make you all one Ummah: but He leaves straying whom He pleases, and He guides whom He pleases: but you shall certainly be called to account for all your actions. (16:93)

So, in this ayat, Allah tells us that there will be people who will inevitably stray and choose not to unite. Clearly, however, those who choose not to unite are going against the command of Allah, glorified and exalted.

And verily this Ummah of yours is One Ummah and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore fear Me (and no other). (23:52)

The above evidence is cited only to show that One Ummah is not a mere title or catch phrase. It is rather a light shining in the darkness of disunity amidst the confusion of an Ummah without leadership. It is, after all, extracted from the very words of Allah: "ummatan wahidah." One Ummah.

i think i got a bit carried away lol. but i think the reason for all the sufferings muslims are facing all over the world in palestine, iraq, afghanistan, somalia, kasmir, chechnya and the list is endless is because there is no UNITY an the ummah is not ONE. so may allah guide us all to the straight path and give us strength. ameen.
this is why i chose this username. :tti_sister:

M

mustafaburaq

however it is known as spanish horse ,it is andalusian.it is quick,athletic,warm horse and generally are used in ceromonies .and what is the Andalusian? they were the bright of the islamic culture in Eu continent.
civilizations and science must study too much to reach this age.

and i am mustafa( one of the name of The Prophet (s.a.w)) and buraq ( an horse that is smaller than a horse and the Prophet mounted on it when MIRAC night) :) thank yoou...

luv4theummah

Assalamu alaikum

I just would like to say that from some of the nicknames here, you can't really tell whether it's a brother or a sister.

It's better to know that, as it helps you to know how to respond. :SMILY346:

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Assalamu alaikum

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
Salamaalikum.

I choose this name in the memory of my grandmother who use to call me Sulikha. May Allah give her Jannah, Ameen. She died in 1989.:tti_sister:

Adil

This is not my name but I chose because it means just. I like the word just because you treat everyone with equality even when you have the power to punish. These days when someone has tiny piece of power they become unjust and corrupt to others.