why wasn't this called terrorism?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

here is an article i wrote on my website blog about the mall shooting that took place a few days ago in Omaha, NE.

a few days ago, in a mall, in a mid-western american city; a terrible tragedy took place for all with a radio and television to hear and see. an armed, young white american, stormed the busy shopping mall, and began to shoot different people at random; killing 8 before turning the gun on himself.

i will get to my main point in one moment. about a month ago, all over every major media outlet in america; reported the possible threats of terrorists attacking at malls in major american cities viz. Los Angeles and Chicago. of course the terrorists were muslims. according to these media agencies, muslims were preparing to attack americans at the malls, possibly this holiday season. of course they never mention, that anybody can attack people in a public place such as a shopping mall; where people aren’t put through metal detectors or bag checks. in saying this, why haven’t the news media covered the recent attack by a non-muslim in an american shopping mall, a terrorist act?

if you had seen or heard any of the footage from the people that were there at the time of the attack, you will quickly see that they were terrorized, their hearts were full with terror inside. instead of being called a terrorist attack, they change it to a “ massacre “ or “ tragedy “ . the reason for this is because the horrible act was committed by one of America's own. had it been a muslim, an arab appearance, or a foreign named person; it would have been called an act of terrorism.

it is evident that the reason why this wasn’t labeled a terrorist attack is because it was done by one of their own, but most importantly, it would prove that profiling muslims or anyone for that matter; is wrong. it is sad for me to say this: but the arab or pakistani in america is the new black man in america. today, it isn’t popular in the public square to ever criticize black people, even if there is something worthy of criticism. so now, arabs are the new scapegoat, and the media is using negative imagery to blind the people, by constantly showing images of 9/11 or an angry sudanese mob calling for the death of a teacher that innocently let her students name a teddy bear muhammad. as a non-arab, this issue is very important to me because arabs are my brothers and sisters in islam. i could easily not care, but i can’t because they are my family, even if some of them don’t accept me for the color of my skin. we are muslims, that’s what matters most.

with that being said, it’s imperative that we, that all muslims regardless of skin color, language, nationality or tribe that we may belong to, stick together as muslims, because in the eyes of those that hate islam, arab, pakistani, indonesian, bosnian, nigerian, malaysian are all the same to them; and they all see us as terrorists. it is up to us to properly follow quran and sunnah, and prove our enemies wrong.
:wasalam:
nyerekareem