wife upset with Islam

jimcate

Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters--my wife is upset with me for converting to Islam 9 weeks ago today. She keeps asking me to renounce my faith and to get rid of all my Islamic books. I told her I can not turn me back on Allah and that shaytan was using her to come against the one true faith. Please keep me in your prayers, I love my wife but I am determined to hold on to my faith. I dont get upset with her or anything like that, I just try to live a humble Muslim example before her so that maybe one day she will see the light.
Insha Allah,
jim cate:salah:

A Kashmiri

Brother Jim

I pray to Allah that he helps you in being steadfast in your innat faith- Islam.

I also pray to Allah that he helps you to be the best example for your wife and inshallah one day she recognises Islam her religion.

Please do tell us if you think we can help you in any way.....

*pink niqaabi*

salam aleikum, i am sorry to hear about your situation, maybe it would be a good idea to tell her all the benefits to her for you converting such as you have to clothe her, provide shelter and feed her and that she has the choice not to work and also make clear to her you r not going to force anything on her.

booya

Assalamualaikum..

I just want to share this

"The believers who have the best manners are those who have the most perfect faith. The best amongst you are the best towards their wives." (At-Tirmidhi)

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. 2:186

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in
goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who
patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we
belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings
from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Aal 'Imraan: 85).

Jazakmullah Hu-khairan.

mnadeems

assalam alaikum brother

Try to convince your wife to know about Islam.If you are desiruos to know how then please send me message.

Was salamo alaikum

dianek

Dear Brother....

Please be patient with her...understand fully what your conversion means in her reality. What things she will have to succomb too in your home (alcohol not allowed, no pork), these changes are going to be very upsetting to her. I feel sorry for your wife honestly (as I was married to a muslim for 7 years before reverting and I was angry and hated that he was muslim for the majority of that time). You two have had this life together and now you have made a decision that is going to affect her in every way. I don't think people get just how hard that is on the non-muslim spouse. I resented EVERYTHING about my husband's "islamic demands and prohibitions".......and I would get even angrier when he would say it is just satan coming between us, still get mad at that, because that is just an easy way to disregard the emotions and pain of the other person and invalidate their concerns. Don't do that to your wife. Share with her in the nicest of ways and NEVER EVER force your beliefs on her. Don't expect that she should live as your "muslim" wife would......That is not who she is. Be loving to your wife and most of all understanding and do not invalidate her issues.

massi

:salam2:
be patient my brother ...if you talk about your no Muslim wife ...so i will say about my Muslim friends ...I had a hard time to push anyone of my frinds to get prayer for three years and now all of them are praying ...:lol:
some of them begin praying for the first time i had advised them and other it took long time...
so be patient and make Dua'a for her ...
if you need any help don't hesitate

Saidsaad

:salam2: salam,
I hope everything works out for the both of you. Give her time and the situation will get better inshalah.

Convert Na'il

Actions speak louder than words

Assalamu Alaikum Brother

May Allah give you strength...

I have been through the same experience as you- wife didn,t feel "consulted" about my conversion etc ...now nearly a year on.. its far easier
I explain bit by bit, without asking for her to change..I now don,t ask my wife to work- I point out the rights women have from the Holy Qu'ran, we now have Halal meet that all the family find much more tasty.. they enjoyed the feasts that I laid on, during the last years' Holy month of Ramadan for the family.. you will (Insha'Allah) be encouraged by my experience, that was very painful and testing at first.

I find a tremendous misunderstanding of Islam in the UK, from non-Muslims, I explain my reasons for converting:
Submission to the Almighty (praise be to Allah)
Feelings of compassion and understanding- I felt very different after my first Ramadan last year..feelings of self-centredness have evaporated away, the material chatels, I used to love, mean very little now..

I am impressed by our religion of Islam as a way of life, not something that can be done once a week- its much more than a token efforts..
The rewards- less fearfulness, seeing the hand of Allah in many events in your life, a sense of calm, a different outlook upon previous behaviours ...

I will pray for you, Insha'Allah that your example of change will convince with time..

Salam

Na'il Jamal Clarke

:shake:

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. hey brother. you're doing a great thing, don't let her pressure you. respect her but don't let her make you turn away from the islamic faith. you found it, now hold on to it. ask her what she knows about muslims or why she hates them? clear her misconceptions the best you can and if you need help we are here for you to advice you. so don't give up, you found the best gift in life- Islam and i hope she finds it too. it's right in front of her eyes. asalamu alaykum.