Witty Stories from the Islamic History

shmed

Witty Stories from the Islamic History

The Intelligent Questioner

It is said that a beggar went to a rich man from Khurasan and asked for help. He heard him say to his servant, "O Gold, say to Gem, to say to Jewel, to say to Sapphire, to say to this beggar that we do not have anything." The beggar raised his hands to the sky and said, "O my Lord, say to Jibril, to say to Israfil, to say to Mikail, to say to `Izrail to take the soul of this miser."

And He Died!

Ash`ab was about to relate a story to a ruler, and he began: "There was a man…" But at that point he noticed a tray of food being brought to them. He paused as he was staring at the tasty food. The ruler said, "Yes…and then?" Ash`ab said, "And he died!"

He Made the Ruler Laugh

Asma`i relates from his father that a prisoner was brought before `Abdul-Malik and was accused of having rebelled against the ruler. `Abdul-Malik said, "Strike his neck." The prisoner said, "O Leader of the Believers, this should not be the reward that I receive from you. By Allah, I did not join the ranks of such and such person except because I cared about you and was looking out for your best interests. I am an unlucky man, and I have never fought side by side with a man, except that we were defeated. Throughout the years, I have been better for you than 1000 people on your side who cared about you. I was with such and such person and we were defeated, and then I was with such and such person and we were defeated…" He went on mentioning the people that were defeated by `Abdul-Malik. `Abdul-Malik laughed upon hearing this and freed the man.

:lol: