womans only jihad

AbuKhalid

I agree ... who would be so backward to stil do such a thing!! Backward isnt even the right word, i guess ... since 1400 years ago, Muslim women were allowed to go to the Masjid already!

to reply to alkathiri and abdallahbilal
QUOTE from alkathiri WHAT?!!!
Where is your proof ?? I am not frm India or pakistan....by the way..

I'm not saying all pakistanis and indians are like that. I personally know salafis among them.

But I dont have any proof from books or internet (or maybe this masud.co.uk site)... I attended a "sunnat jamat" masjid when I was younger, and I joined them in the celebrations of saints, the mawlood, using beads to do dhikr and taking from them the "dhikr formulas" that they give. They had a grave in the mosque yard, where people frequently do rituals there!! Even kuffar came to ask for help to that saint!! But Alhamdulillah, I left them and joind the tableegh ... And 3 years later, after questioning thier books ( such as fazaa'l e a'mal) and principles, I found out that the founder was actually a naqhsbandee who followd the hanafee madhhab (by the way, they do not allow women in masjid either) ... but the followers are not limited to that. Thier books are actually full of weird stories and fabricated ahadeeth that they read religiously. However, I manner wise, there tableeghees are very nice people. Then I met relatives who were moderate sufees as you call them ... but later i realized that there was a few mistakes there too ... such as belief in some fabricated ahadeeth and believe that the prophet was a sufee, and passed on secret info and finding it permissible to say "Yaa nabi" when it is known that we cannot call on someone who is dead and cannot help us. I also prayed in ahmadiya mosques few times .. didnt like it, very weird, far from sunnah. So I only stuck to the hanafee madhab for some time .. until I came across ahadeeth that showed otherwise. By then ( 1997) I started studying with my shuyookh, mostly they were graduates from university of madeenah alhamdulilah!!

To summarize, I have never met anyone from the sufees who do not have some kind of malpractise in regards to interpreting the deen. Ive met a lot of sufees from different places, all are very nice poeple .. but when I come to them with proofs ... Ive not seen 1 of them being open minded about it to discuss in a friendly way, like they sahabas did. Their attitudes changed and became very irritated. But they are very smart in their da'wah and very tricky.

And Quote from kayleigh "I hope this barring women from the mosque issue isn't going to spread even more and become more common than not. It's just so wrong.

InshaAllah people will get over this... knowledge is so widespread now, that no one has any excuse. But it will take a long time it seems, to convice the older people.

If we look into Islam's history (correct me if i'm wrong), the women prayed at the back while the men in front. Then after salaat, while the men sat do to do dhikr and waited, the women would leave so that there was not mixing. And Allah Knows best

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:
Here in Jordan, an Arab Islamic country (Sunni, primarily Shafi and Hanafi), women go naturally to the mosque and we never even debate about it, however, women attend Friday and Eid prayer more often than other prayers (not because they are disallowed to go in other occasions or normal days)... Till now, I have not seen in Jordan a mosque without a proportion specialized for women, except when mosques are built as facilities to a mall or something.. In many cases women even meet in their special palce in the mosque and a WaE'THa (female scholar) gives them a Dars (sermon).

I guess this is closer to the Sunna (if I'm not mistaken) and I hope Muslims in non-Arab countries would be able financially to build/extend the mosque so that women can attend in a manner that does not contradict Sunna.

AndiRB

Well well well, in my area, all sisters comes to the local mosque and they did NOT cover their clothes, in fact they are making it worse.

If my wife wants to go to the mosque, i would welcome her but she have to cover her body.

At moments all girls wears hajib but its for beauty and fashion, not for islam.

sisters, please don't against me...i do care all sisters in Islam.

please forgive me if i was wrong.

May Allah rewards us. AMEEN

:wasalam:

Brother, I think there won't be any woman against you. Because you're right. If we go to the mosque, it should be for Allah. If we wear the hijab, it should be for Allah. I sometimes see women praying in the mosque wearing make-up. I wonder how they do wodo ;) And I think it is not ok for us girls to go into a masjid being dressed up. As it is a community place men may see you and we could distract them being dressed unproperly. As well as we need our rights to be respected (e.g. praying and having lectures in a mosque) we girls should respect our brothers right of praying without distraction. My husband is often very angry about those sisters who wear the headscarf with make-up or tight clothes. and only the fact of being angry (not even attraction) makes his wodo invalid, isn't it? Insha-allah the Umma looks more at the roots of Islam and practices what Allah tells us in the Qu'ran and Mohammad s.a.s. teaches us in his sunnah.
:tti_sister:

Laura

Assalamu alaikum,

I pray Allah will reward these sisters for fighting for what is their right....
attending the mosque my be mandatory for men but it is not only for them.

Do men truley believe they will be rewarded in the next life for preventing sisters from worshiping their creator in his mosque? :tti_sister:

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam sister

Salam,

well this isnt references like u wanted sister, but its just some stuff i could get quickly sorry i cant find some right now...!

Khaalid bin Al-Waleed had besieged Damascus. He had sent a Muslim blocking force to the north to prevent Roman reinforcements from coming to replenish the garrison at Damascus. At the head of this army was the commander Dhiraar - the lion of Syria who used to fight amongst the armoured enemies of Islaam naked from the waist up. He was a fierce warrior who had unfortunately been captured by the Roman reinforcements since their army was twice the strength of the Muslims, and he had launched headlong into the ranks of the enemies by himself, killing so many of the foe that his companions could not keep up with the pace. Soon he was too far into the ranks of the Romans, and was surrounded and captured. Khaalid bin Al-Waleed, upon hearing this, mobilized 5,000 from amongst the besieging force at Damascus and rode like the wind to come to the aid of the Muslims.

As Khalid approached the battlefield he suddenly saw a Muslim rider flash past him from behind and gallop off towards the Roman front. Before Khalid could stop him, he was gone. A slim, lightly-built person, dressed in black, this rider wore a breastplate and was armed with a sword and a long lance. He sported a green turban and had a scarf wrapped around his face, acting as a mask, with only his eyes visible. Khalid arrived on the battlefield in time to see this rider throw himself at the Romans with such fury that everyone present thought that he and his horse must both be mad. Raafe saw this rider before he saw Khalid and remarked, "He attacks like Khalid, but he is clearly not Khalid." Then Khalid joined Raafe. (second in command)

Khalid took a little time to organize Raafe's group and his own Mobile Guard into one and deploy it as a combined force for battle. Meanwhile the masked rider treated the Muslims to a thrilling display of horsemanship and attacks with the lance. He would go charging on his own, strike the Roman front at one point and kill a man; then go galloping away to another part of the front, again strike someone in the Roman front line and so on. A few Romans came forward to tackle him but all went down before his terrible lance. Marvelling at this wondrous sight, the Muslims could still see nothing more of the warrior than a youthful figure and a pair of bright eyes shining above the mask. The rider appeared bent on as with his clothes and lance covered with blood, he struck again and again at the Romans. The example of this warrior put fresh courage into the men of Raafe, who forgot their fatigue and went into battle with renewed high spirits as Khalid gave the order to attack.

The masked rider, now joined by many others, continued his personal war against the Romans as the entire Muslim force attacked the Roman front. Soon after the general attack had begun, Khalid got near this rider and called, "O warrior, show us your face." A pair of dark eyes flashed at Khalid before the rider turned away and galloped off into another assault at the Romans. Next, a few of Khalid's men caught up with him and said,

"O noble warrior, your commander calls you and you turn away from him! Show us your face and tell us your name so that you may be properly honoured."

Again the rider turned away as if deliberately trying to keep his identity a secret.

As the masked rider returned from his charge, he passed by Khalid, who called to him sternly to stop. The rider pulled up his horse, and Khalid continued, "You have done enough to fill our hearts with admiration. Who are you?"

Khalid nearly fell off his horse when he heard the reply of the masked rider, for it was the voice of a girl.

"O commander, I only turn away from you out of modesty. You are the glorious commander, and I am of those who stay behind the veil. I fight like this because my heart is on fire."

"Who are you?"

"I am Khaulah, sister of Dhiraar. My brother has been captured, and I must fight to set him free."

its not obligatory for sisters like u said so ure right, hajj is the specific reference and holds the most weight but check out these Sahabiyat aswell:

Sumayyah bint Khayyat
Nusaybah Umm Imarah
Umm Salamah
Saffiyah bint Abdul Mutalib
Ruqayyah bint Muhammad
Asma bint Abu Bakr

About Nusaybah the Prophet (s) said this: “on the day of Uhud whether I looked to the right or the left, I saw Nusaybah fighting round about me”

So anything is possible right? :)

wasalam

Sorry sister for making the gendre mistake, its just the way you wrote the first article It was very offensive(not in a bad way more think of it like fencing) and stern. thats why I thaught you was a bro. Much like sister Khaulah that you speak about. I see were it comes from.

Besides the Holywood romance and Disneys version called Mulan(I think). I would not recommend women to battle as I don't think our prophet gave it the go ahead. But im sure someone with your personality would find a loopwhole, lol.

AbuKhalid

Women are in fact allowed to do jihaad, as in fighting on the battle field. But that is only an exception when jihaad becomes fard'ayn on a community/ country being attacked ... which unfortunately is becomeing more and more common in the Muslim lands. Otherwise, the man has to handle that responsibility of defending the borders.

Also, concerning the topic ... I didnt watch the whole documentary but i find it very sad that women have to go out in protest and expose themselves, arguing with narrow minded men. Instead, they should have sent thier husbands or sons or brothers, or thier local scholars to refute such attitudes. In other words. it is men who should do the rough works on the streets.

الممنوع مرغوب

I know that in somes islamic countries, women don't care about the mosque and don't go to the mosque except some old ladies perhaps because young ladies doesn't practice a lot or perhaps they practice in their houses (alaho a'lame), anyway i am talking about the fact that the areas for ladies in the mosques are empty and even during Friday's prayer (Jumu'a) they don't go. Even if those areas are free for them and they are not forbidden to go to the mosques. Furthermore in all this mosques there are spaces especialy for women : areas to pray, kutab (quranic school) etc.
But as i said they don't go so all this Masajid are empty except from some old ladies.
If those young ladies will hear some gossips like what is shown in this video and that perhaps they are not allowed to pray on the masjid : problems will start, and you will see that somes "associations" (the fashion of nowdays) will be moblized so as to stuggle as they take all the time slogan like : to militate against this or this...

الممنوع مرغوب

It seems that Satan has a big university and has several tactic to mislead each kind of people (scholar, young boy, good lady, children, ...) and to sow dissension.

Unfortunatly no one is safe and people are lost in there own arrogance

Allah says in the quran :
" And say to My servants (that) they speak that which is best; surely the Shaitan (Satan) sows dissensions among them; surely the Shaitan (Satan) is an open enemy to man. "
Sourate N°17 The Israelites Aya n°53.

Oh... and the cacophony of voices and rude debates in this video!!

About this Allah SWT say :
" And pursue the right course in your going about and lower your voice; surely the most hateful of voices is braying of the asses. "
Surate Luqman N°31 verse n°19

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum
Can someone give me any daleel about the woman getting equal reward as the men on Jihad for working in the home? Jazakoum ALLAH khierun, I couldnt find anyting about it anywhere but I know I read it somewhere.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I dont have the hadith, but I heard it directly from trusthwrothy shiekh,
The women came to the prophet peace be up on him and asked him O Rasul Allah the men get the reward of coming to the mosque, and going to jihad and we women dont get the same amount of Ajar( Reward) the prophet peace be up on him said (Husan Ba3latkon) meaning taking care of their husband and their family equal in reward all what men do.

If I find the Hadith I will post it the above is just a meaning of the hadith.

Wa salaam alikom