Women given right to vote in Saudi

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Where in Islam, in Fiqh, is the clear distinction between what is secular and what is not. Is that the halaal or haraam line.

I am not confused. I want an answer. I want an answer from the Islam.

Sister, I am through with politics. And this is the direction that the Saudi women are taking. I am all for freedom. But something in me is stuck. I want to follow Sharia over everything.

We are by choice Muslims. We are not playing here. We are going for the jackpot. We want to reside in heaven. So what is going to help us get there. I have been able to vote since I was 18. One day I woke up and said what am I exactly voting for. I have not voted in twenty years.

What is voting going to gain for women that service to the community will not. Do you see what I am saying. I am not minimizing the role of women. I am simply stating what we are chasing we already have the means to do.
Given the choice of resentatives/leaders I might never vote!! But it might make sense to accept the voting system, Caliphate is not going to be back untill the end of times.

Give it a thought , there were Kings, Even Saladin was a very good kind... King is a political system, so is democracy and voting... Each system has had its perils, its the leaders who make the system worthwhile. Yes its one person who brings the difference to the massess.. (Donot add kings/rulers/ representatives with Golden toilets/ disproportionate wealth to this category)

Many topics that crop up with time, might not have an answer from Quran/Hadees. Thats where we stand, Islam is secular, yes [hint for me is Caliph Umar saying to the christian father, its your church let me not pray here! There are more such ... in pages of history.

The answer will definitely not come from this forum, unless there is an authority around on this subject matter. But am confident and hopeful the subject has been touched during the medieval times and touched upon ( so called zenith of Muslim rulers), but where are all those books now!!!