Women given right to vote in Saudi

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Ok..I have a question. If we follow Sharia how does that prevent a woman from voting? A second question is are the women going to be voting on secular issues? How does a person vote on a religious issue? At what point in Islam, where in Fiqh, do we find the exact definition of the difference between what is secular in Islam and what is not. Do you understand my dilemma.

sclavus

Praise to Allah,

All good Muslim women know they should stay home, unless they have some good reason to get out. The best place for them is their house.

Now, some people want our women to get out of the house, they want them to work with men, to drive and to vote. What would remain of the devotion of our women then?!

Well, if you call that "Progress" it would be the progress of our enemies in their process of destruction. The ones who are so upset with our conservative societies and want to destroy them by all means. . By us Muslims it should be called "Regress".

The prophet peace be upon him said “A woman must observe the veil because when she comes out, the devil seeks an opportunity to tempt her."

That means if she gets out, she's a toy of the devil,he will tempt her, and she would fall.

Driving alone means more freedom, more trial. You know the rest... The disbelieving secular West is upset with Muslim women and Saudi women in particular because they are the most conservative amongst their neighbors. A Muslim woman doesn't have the same liberty that a European or an American has, they want to pull'em out of their homes, mix them with men and the rest will easily follow...

The driving woman is alone to deal with strangers in the urban jungle. Thieves, killers, rapists, wolves, you name it. Who would protect her?!

Every Muslim lives everyday the bitter fruits of the recently acquired freedoms in our societies...

Now if a Muslim woman is really obliged to work and drive and all the rest, that's fine, the rulings of necessity are applied in her case. But she should struggle to find a way to stay home, or at least to lessen the evil, it would be better for herself, her husband and her children.

And for the voting thing, I don't know who still believes that voting could change anything. I mean voting has been around for ever, everybody is unhappy with it, especially in the West. Every thinking human being has verified that in any vote, selection precedes election. Which means that the act of voting is just worthless, smart people had already chosen for you.

Democracy has brought numbers of tempting false concepts to the Muslim word. Our wise scholars wal hamdulillah explain and teach those who seek knowledge, the reality and the goals of this doctrine. Saudi women know about it full well. But you have in Saudi Arabia, like any other place in the world, communist anarchist influences. Their hidden supreme goal is to strip our sisters from their faith, transforming them into the Western model of the free woman...You all know what I'm talking about. They tell them they have been deprived of their basic personal freedoms and that they have to organize and fight to get them back. When they achieve the destruction of the Muslim woman, the entire societal edifice would fall totally apart.

The woman has to play the most important role in any society. For instance, the education of the children.

If the husband and his wife both work six days a week, the children are going to be raised like orphans. Their parents provide for them but they are being raised by strangers. Babysitters are their real mothers in reality.

It is so painful, but definitely true.

We know these communist, democratic, freedom, equality, feminist people, we're tired of their garbage. If they want freedom why don't they go to America or Australia and live there like animals, why are they struggling to destroy our Muslim societies by all means?!

We Muslims do have another concept of freedom. We are proud and happy with it, aren't we?!

Assalaam.

a_stranger

Assalaam walaikum,

Ok..I have a question. If we follow Sharia how does that prevent a woman from voting? A second question is are the women going to be voting on secular issues? How does a person vote on a religious issue? At what point in Islam, where in Fiqh, do we find the exact definition of the difference between what is secular in Islam and what is not. Do you understand my dilemma.
:wasalam: dear sister

I wish i can answer , now things in our country are so mixed , many people are trying to impose westren values in nearly not exactly islamic society and they have already done alot. We as muslems should do the change but it should be purely islamic.

a_stranger

:salam2:

هـ
Praise to Allah,

All good Muslim women know they should stay home, unless they have some good reason to get out. The best place for them is their house.

Now, some people want our women to get out of the house, they want them to work with men, to drive and to vote. What would remain of the devotion of our women then?!

Well, if you call that "Progress" it would be the progress of our enemies in their process of destruction. The ones who are so upset with our conservative
societies and want to destroy them by all means. . By us Muslims it should be called "Regress".

Jazaka Allahu kairan brother, very well said , we need to live with Quran , hadith and seera for a while to get out with a different attitude , we don t need to please others , we need as muslems to avoid sins , and live as Allah sobhanahu wa taala wants us to do , i am not against women rights ( i am a woman) but i don t like being influenced by people who are ignorant of my islamic values , and have completely different views of life. I am sure that the change should come out of islamic studies and knoweldge . Now as muslems we should try to direct the ship not sink in the fload. And Allah aalam sorry for my poor English

The prophet peace be upon him said “A woman must observe the veil because when she comes out, the devil seeks an opportunity to tempt her."

That means if she gets out, she's a toy of the devil,he will tempt her, and she would fall.

Driving alone means more freedom, more trial. You know the rest... The disbelieving secular West is upset with Muslim women and Saudi women in particular because they are the most conservative amongst their neighbors. A Muslim woman doesn't have the same liberty that a European or an American has, they want to pull'em out of their homes, mix them with men and the rest will easily follow...

The driving woman is alone to deal with strangers in the urban jungle. Thieves, killers, rapists, wolves, you name it. Who would protect her?!

Every Muslim lives everyday the bitter fruits of the recently acquired freedoms in our societies...

Now if a Muslim woman is really obliged to work and drive and all the rest, that's fine, the rulings of necessity are applied in her case. But she should struggle to find a way to stay home, or at least to lessen the evil, it would be better for herself, her husband and her children.

And for the voting thing, I don't know who still believes that voting could change anything. I mean voting has been around for ever, everybody is unhappy with it, especially in the West. Every thinking human being has verified that in any vote, selection precedes election. Which means that the act of voting is just worthless, smart people had already chosen for you.

Democracy has brought numbers of tempting false concepts to the Muslim word. Our wise scholars wal hamdulillah explain and teach those who seek knowledge, the reality and the goals of this doctrine. Saudi women know about it full well. But you have in Saudi Arabia, like any other place in the world, communist anarchist influences. Their hidden supreme goal is to strip our sisters from their faith, transforming them into the Western model of the free woman...You all know what I'm talking about. They tell them they have been deprived of their basic personal freedoms and that they have to organize and fight to get them back. When they achieve the destruction of the Muslim woman, the entire societal edifice would fall totally apart.

The woman has to play the most important role in any society. For instance, the education of the children.

If the husband and his wife both work six days a week, the children are going to be raised like orphans. Their parents provide for them but they are being raised by strangers. Babysitters are their real mothers in reality.

It is so painful, but definitely true.

We know these communist, democratic, freedom, equality, feminist people, we're tired of their garbage. If they want freedom why don't they go to America or Australia and live there like animals, why are they struggling to destroy our Muslim societies by all means?!

We Muslims do have another concept of freedom. We are proud and happy with it, aren't we?!

Assalaam.

a_stranger

Very well said brother, we should study Quran , hadith and seera , and try to live with our hearts to see how the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam and sahaba lived we shall get out with different attitude, we as muslems don t need to adopt other s values , and views , we have ours which is the best . I think that it is time for us to try to direct the sinking ship of humanity towards shores this cannot be done only by following the true pure Islam ........MOdesty , purity of hearts are integral parts of islam . Any step should take into account these values.

esperanza

revert of many years
:salam2: sister

I am not saying that everything in Saudi Arabia is perfect , they should treat all people kindly.

Saudi woman driver's lashing 'overturned by king'
Driving remains a banned activity for Saudi women, who will soon be allowed to vote Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Saudi woman driver to be lashed
First step for Saudi women's rights
Freed Saudi woman driver defiant
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has overturned a court ruling sentencing a woman to 10 lashes for breaking a ban on female drivers, reports say.

The ruling, although not officially confirmed, was tweeted by a Saudi princess and reported by AP news agency citing an unnamed official.

The woman, named as Shema, was found guilty of driving in Jeddah in July.

The sentence came two days after the king announced women would be allowed to vote for the first time in 2015.

"Thank God, the lashing of Shema is cancelled. Thanks to our beloved king," tweeted Princess Amira al-Taweel, wife of Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.

"I am sure all Saudi women will be so happy."

Two other women are due to appear in court later this year on similar charges, reports say.

In recent months, scores of women have driven vehicles in Saudi cities to put pressure on the monarchy.

a_stranger

:salam2:Sister

During the past years many things have changed in Saudi Arabia , most women now are wearing not Higab but semihigab.......our youth are very much attracketed to westren values like boyfriends, girlfriends, freemixing.....divorse is at high rates .....material values are domaniating ........you don t find kushooa in prayer mostly ...........Islam pure noble values are being attacked by tv, and media......this what i feel we as muslems should care for in the first place , i don t reject the issue of driving , i myself used to drive outside my country .......but i don t think this is a big issue compared to the distroying of the most noble values in the country where the revealation started first. .....i think now we should try to educate our people islamicaly and call for Taqwa and fear of Allah ....... we should try to be an example true example for Islam.
:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

During the past years many things have changed in Saudi Arabia , most women now are wearing not Higab but semihigab.......our youth are very much attracketed to westren values like boyfriends, girlfriends, freemixing.....divorse is at high rates .....material values are domaniating ........you don t find kushooa in prayer mostly ...........:

This is what the kuffars want to see...

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

Aapa:

You ask "what is secular in Islam" -- but Islam is not secular!!! Perhaps that is where your confusion lies. Islam does not have secular elements. And there are no exact definitions in this world. There really aren't.

Islam is not going to tell us how to vote. The decision -- like most things in life -- is left to us. We can call upon our Islamic values, or secular values, to inform our decision.

But Aapa I've said this before to you -- there are no black and white answers to everything. Not everything has its own box.

esperanza

revert of many years

During the past years many things have changed in Saudi Arabia , most women now are wearing not Higab but semihigab.......our youth are very much attracketed to westren values like boyfriends, girlfriends, freemixing.....divorse is at high rates .....material values are domaniating ........you don t find kushooa in prayer mostly ...........Islam pure noble values are being attacked by tv, and media......this what i feel we as muslems should care for in the first place , i don t reject the issue of driving , i myself used to drive outside my country .......but i don t think this is a big issue compared to the distroying of the most noble values in the country where the revealation started first. .....i think now we should try to educate our people islamicaly and call for Taqwa and fear of Allah ....... we should try to be an example true example for Islam.
:wasalam:

dear sister
yes iknow things are changing often for the worse in saudi..mainly as people are attracted to western values..and attraction to materialism...
so yes your rihgt saudi should be a country of true islam and not of conteradictions,,,,and hypocrisies...like women who wear niqab and remove it when travelling to western countries

a_stranger

Dear sister , i like to add that those who are calling for women to drive most of them are calling for westren values in our society , they are trying their best to destroy the noble values of Modesty , purity of hearts in hearts of women . Now in saudi arabia all the good teachings of Islam which build a clean society, stable family, decent childhood are being ruined . They feel that purity of Islam is old fashion and they are very much influenced by the materialism of the west. Many of them want women to drive , and take off nikab then higab and mix with men unnesseserlly. I think it is our duty as muslems to refresh faith in hearts of our people and rebuild islamic values in our society .....we should repair what is being ruined ......then let women drive ..... Our objection is not for rights of women on the contrary islam is mainly concerned about rights but or objection to the hidden purpose beyond that.

With regards

sclavus

Very well said brother, we should study Quran , hadith and seera , and try to live with our hearts to see how the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam and sahaba lived we shall get out with different attitude, we as muslems don t need to adopt other s values , and views , we have ours which is the best . I think that it is time for us to try to direct the sinking ship of humanity towards shores this cannot be done only by following the true pure Islam ........MOdesty , purity of hearts are integral parts of islam . Any step should take into account these values.

Well said, ukhti. God bless you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Where in Islam, in Fiqh, is the clear distinction between what is secular and what is not. Is that the halaal or haraam line.

I am not confused. I want an answer. I want an answer from the Islam.

Sister, I am through with politics. And this is the direction that the Saudi women are taking. I am all for freedom. But something in me is stuck. I want to follow Sharia over everything.

We are by choice Muslims. We are not playing here. We are going for the jackpot. We want to reside in heaven. So what is going to help us get there. I have been able to vote since I was 18. One day I woke up and said what am I exactly voting for. I have not voted in twenty years.

What is voting going to gain for women that service to the community will not. Do you see what I am saying. I am not minimizing the role of women. I am simply stating what we are chasing we already have the means to do.

a_stranger

Dear sister islam taught me to make a good intention for all that i do , and to follow the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam as much as i can , i think those two factors : pure intention to please Allah sobhanahu wa taala, following the prophet sallah Allah alaihi wa sallam make our whole life islamic. nothing in our life should be secular ......we should direct our hearts, our deeds , all our life towards Allah sobhanahu wa taala. if each muslem start with his ownself and change as Allah sobhanahu wa taala asked us to do in Quran .....then our whole world will change for better. The problem with us is that most of the time we work to please our ownselves .....we run in this life aimlessly .....we don t use the treasures of islam in our life. Saudi women needs more understanding of Islam .........Islam is not a tradition it is faith.......actually i believe that our whole world need to see islam well practiced.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
the reason why women should vote is because laws are being made concerning them!!! most of the people here are brits and americans. what if the UK has a ballot that says no one of Pakistani descent can drive in the UK; yet you were a british citizen that has the right to vote, but on this issue you're blocked from voting because you're Pakistani. wouldn't you be upset?

i drive in my car every day and there's not a single day when their is a woman other than my wife in the car with me. perhaps women should be allowed to drive, but maybe make it against the law for her to drive with a non-mahram. i don't know but a resolution can be reached.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Why it is so big deal in some CULTURES that if you are man or woman you can or cannot do something?

:astag:

I have driving license and I have voted in elections - I have even been candidate in elections. I must be terrible sinner by this because I am muslim woman?

a_stranger

In Saudi Arabia the issue of women is very badly used against islamic values, Any sincere muslem will feel deep sorrow for the change in women s higab and coduct especialy the young women......I think our priority as muslems to show the world the purity, the brightness of Islam .......never to run blindly to be just like other people. we have a message to convey to the world unless we represent it will we fail to convey the message .........driving should be the last thing to think about ....let us face the big true problem.

Sister Faisa

When reading the responses supporting the ban of women driving, I was surprised with some of the reasoning...saying that driving on the general ground basis is pretty much a " want" that is seemed to perceive itself as a " need" because of the attachment of western values...

I'm just wondering if you feelthe same way as Muslimahs in the west. Would you see her as one who is attached to western values, and we are assuming that she has a mahram perfectly available for her but instead decided to drive herself?

2. I understand banning haraam to avoid haraam, but what is the legal stance islamically on banning something that's not haraam but could possibly lead to it? It's just a curious thought because if u think about it, that could be virtually everything... Just would like to know the ruling for that

Sister Faisa

And to be honest frankly, I think the " government or kingship (btw I really don't understand why they call themselves kings!??!! Isnt that inappropriate ?) of Saudi Arabia has a allot more things to worry about then whether women driving will cause free mixing and fitnah. Saudi Arabia has already been contributing or indirectly involved in much bigger fitnas on the international level with regards to it's status of being " THE Islamic country" and fully following through. Because it's a blessed nation, I really think they do have the upper hand, it why they're not using it to help the fellow brothers or at least setting a humble example, that really makes me feel a little light headed.

esperanza

revert of many years
When reading the responses supporting the ban of women driving, I was surprised with some of the reasoning...saying that driving on the general ground basis is pretty much a " want" that is seemed to perceive itself as a " need" because of the attachment of western values...

I'm just wondering if you feelthe same way as Muslimahs in the west. Would you see her as one who is attached to western values, and we are assuming that she has a mahram perfectly available for her but instead decided to drive herself?

2. I understand banning haraam to avoid haraam, but what is the legal stance islamically on banning something that's not haraam but could possibly lead to it? It's just a curious thought because if u think about it, that could be virtually everything... Just would like to know the ruling for that

interesting points dear sister...
and iwonder what the true answer is,beasue the issue ofdriving has become a very controversial one
people see saudi as backwards and extreme as women cant drive..
and many women there want more independence and rights, but as our sister a stranger pointed out,....the right to drive is part ofwanting more western ideals...which in the end will probably bring more disadvantages than advantages...
but imreally wondering,,how many of muslim women in the west ,who wonder what all the fuss is about..would readily and easily give up driving????