Working as an airhostess ?!

islamisthesolution

:salam2:

a friend just called me and she told me that she is going to go through a test to be able to work as an airhostess and she has been conviencing me to go with her and go throught this test for along time and she said i can be accepted but i told her that what i know is that you have to take off your hijab then she said that they do this only if the flights are international and we are in an islamic country so the local flights i can wear my hijab and i am still not convienced plus my dad wouldnt allow me of course to do so . so for me its done i cant go if my dad doesnt want me to go and thats what i feel too but what about her ?

please i really need your advice what should i tell her in order not to go to the test ? this urgent becuase the test is so near . i want something that can convience her not to go as i already tried before but in vain

samiha

---------
Staff member

I'm going to simply put this as I see it - just because you're wearing hijaab, what does that constitute? Hijaab is not merely wearing a scarf on your head, while the rest of the outfit is tight fighting or shows the form of your body. I've been on interenational flights and have seen this - or where the women wear scarves with locks of hair decorating their forehead and heavy makeup nonetheless.

This is not hijaab at all, no matter how you define it. Furthermore, women should have a sense of hayaa along with the Islaamic prohibition on free mixing. On the airplane she may be placed in many compromising situations, have to serve men directly...etc...

And there's also the point - of even if it is "local" travel, how local is it really? Is it in acceptable distance for a woman to travel without a mahram? If not, then that is also haraam!

All in all, I dont like it... it bothers me and I would never do it, but Allaah knows best.

wasalam

a_stranger

:salam2: sister
I agree with sister Samiha , and i like to add that this kind of thinking is a blessing when a servant think what will please his Lord first, I am sure anyone leave something for the sake of Allah swt Allah will give that person something very much better.

mmokhsin

MasyaAllah, this desire to be an air hostess was the very reason why my wife to be(20 years ago) broke off our engagement. I tried to prevent her by using Islamic reasoning.
What happened next, shocked me and both our families. She pulled out the engagement ring off her finger, placed it on the dining table and walked off. This happened in a crowded restaurant. I was dumbfounded and embarrassed. Syaitan's skill to deceive people sure is strong BUT if ALLAH will's things not to happen, it will not happen.
I love her family just as much as I love her. Her family was disappointed, furious and devastated of her actions but I told them it was PERFECTLY all right, we plan, execute but ALLAH is the decider. If this is ALLAH"S will, I accept but I Dua' for the family.

Long story short, I got married to another girl whose patience and filial piety is far better than her. My X was not accepted into SIA, eventhough she is very beautiful, tall and had a "knock out figure"(pardon my language) and that made her parents happy. She later adorn the hijab, got married and had 3 kids. Happy ending for all.

What is soooo great about this hostess job anyway??? They are just a waitress, a servant at 30 thousand feet in the air, that's all!!! Islam and Rasulullah(PBUH) had liberated the women and return back the dignity that is well deserving. Why then would any women put themselves down by becoming a servant and an object??? If you like to be in the Airline Industry, study hard and work your way to be a Pilot, an Administrator or any other position that would dispel the notion of Muslimah being just another sex object!!!

Anyway, try your level best to discourage your friend but keep in mind and constant Dua.....La how lawala ku wata IllahBillahi A'liyulAdzeem.

Allah AL Adzeem. Allahu'Alam.

JazakAllah Khair.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

I'm going to simply put this as I see it - just because you're wearing hijaab, what does that constitute? Hijaab is not merely wearing a scarf on your head, while the rest of the outfit is tight fighting or shows the form of your body. I've been on interenational flights and have seen this - or where the women wear scarves with locks of hair decorating their forehead and heavy makeup nonetheless.

This is not hijaab at all, no matter how you define it. Furthermore, women should have a sense of hayaa along with the Islaamic prohibition on free mixing. On the airplane she may be placed in many compromising situations, have to serve men directly...etc...

And there's also the point - of even if it is "local" travel, how local is it really? Is it in acceptable distance for a woman to travel without a mahram? If not, then that is also haraam!

All in all, I dont like it... it bothers me and I would never do it, but Allaah knows best.

wasalam

:mashallah:
you have said it all.

vegangoth

Banned
Can't you talk to the airline that you are taking the test with? I'm sure your not their only Muslim flight attedant wanabe. If you do go ahead, best of luck.