Worried...

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaykum,

I'm just asking for some advice because I'm abit worried.

I've applied to go to college in September and I have an interview coming up soon.

My worry about it though is if I'm accepted, what If I can't get anywhere to do my salah?

3:54

:salam2:

brother, I'm almost certain there is a room for prayer, here in Canada it is mandatory to have "mediation" rooms to accommodate those who have worship obligations!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
i go to school and i pray when im back home!!
nothing wrong with that

you are not gona live there are you:)
wasalam

summertime

sister :)
:salam2:

if they don't have a prayer room..which im sure they will...then go pray in the library..thats what i do on fridays in uni..coz the prayer room is packed out with brothers on friday....i go to an empty group study room in the library and pray there..and even if you don't find an empty room just pray in any quite corner in the library..i doubt anyone will stop you....Don't miss your salah though...we have no excuse for that

:wasalam:

Almeftah

if there was no way you can perform Salah during work times, then its ok to delay your prayer till you get a break or something, or do it after work.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
sister, your confusing the bro
:S
i mean c'mon
Allah is most merciful and understsands our difficulties,
what do you mean not delay even if your dying?????
exactly so ther:D

summertime

sister :)
hmmmm...but work isnt exactly dying is it....:lol:

we can't miss our prayers....we can pray anywhere as long as its not ina graveyard or bathroom....we have no excuse

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum wa rehmatullah,
May Allah bless you brother Gazzh; i really admir e that your concern is regarding the central pillar of Salah, may Allah make me as mindful of it as you. Please check out the following links as i am not qualified to give a fatwa:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=36784&ln=eng&txt=delaying prayer
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=20960&ln=eng&txt=delaying prayer
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=20712&ln=eng&txt=delaying prayer

As you have read, it is not permissible to delay and pray beyond the time. If there aren't any 'dedicated' prayer rooms in our colleges or universities, know that the Earth is in dedication to Allah azza wa jal, and we can do Salah wherever it is possible (except places like graveyards and toilets). As has been pointed out earlier, the library is usually a good and quite place to do it in if you cannot find a more suitable place.
May Allah give you success in your deen and your studies at college.
Wassalaam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
the same question answered!!!!!!!!!!

well you are right in some areas but you can still pray after school With regard to your question, we would like to answer it with another question, by which we do not mean anything silly or foolish:

If a student needs to go to the bathroom urgently during class, what does he do? The obvious answer is: he asks the teacher for permission and leaves the room.

Praying on time is more important than answering the call of nature. We would remind you of the following points:

Firstly: the times for prayer in Islam are long, praise be to Allaah. For example, the time for the Zuhr (midday) prayer – which is the prayer time which usually comes during the school day) does not end until the time for ‘Asr (mid-afternoon) prayer begins, so you can pray Zuhr from the time when the sun is at its zenith until the time when the shadow of an object is equal to its length. This time is a period of hours, not minutes, so there is bound to be an opportunity to pray within this time.

Secondly: there are usually breaks between classes; even if the break is only five minutes, you can make the most of it. There are also breaks for recess and for lunch during which you could pray. Otherwise you could pray after school is over and before the time for the prayer ends. Or you could ask the teacher for permission to leave before the class finishes so that you can go and pray. In some countries there are laws which enable the followers of different religions to practise the observances of their faiths at a specific time during the work or school day, so you could avail yourself of these laws if they exist.

Whatever the case, whoever fears Allaah and does his duty towards Him, Allaah will show him a way out and make things easier for him. When Allaah knows that a Muslim is keen to do the obligatory actions, He will help him.

source:islamqa.com
sorry lost the link :hearts:
wasalam:salah:

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Well during my interview I will raise the question Allah Willing and Allah willing I will inform you all of what happens.

May Allahs Peace And Blessings be Upon You All

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Im not going to university yet sister, Allah willing I will in a few years!

It's college I am on about, I have an interview on the 31st and Allah willing I will be accepted on to the courses I want to do.

Almeftah

hmmm..i thought we were'nt allowed to miss salah in any case..even when we are ill..

its ok to delay Salah when having a good reason like that..

Narrated Amr ibn Umayyah ad-Damri:
We were in the company of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) during one of his journeys. He overslept abandoning the morning prayer until the sun had arisen. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) awoke and said: Go away from this place.
He then commanded Bilal to call for prayer. He called for prayer. They (the people) performed ablution and offered two rak'ahs of the morning prayer (sunnah prayer). He then commanded Bilal (to utter the iqamah, i.e. to summon the people to attend the prayer). He announced the prayer (i.e. uttered the iqamah) and he led them in the morning prayer.(Partial Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud)

Also when you are sick..:

'Imran ibn Husain (r.a.) said, "I was suffering from hemorrhoids (piles), so I asked the Messenger of Allah (saaws) and he said: Pray standing; if you are not able, then sitting down; if you are not able to do so, then pray lying down. [Bukhari, Abu Dawood and Ahmad]
for more: http://talkislam.com/prayer/link_body.php?linkId=15

or a traveller:

Allah says in the Qur'an: "And when you go forth in the land there is no sin upon you, if you shorten your prayer when you fear the disbelievers may attack you." This concession is not limited to situations of danger.

Ya'la ibn Umaiyyah said: "I said to 'Umar ibn al-Khattab: 'Explain to me why the people shorten the salah when Allah says, 'And when you go forth...[the preceding verse] and those days are gone now!' 'Umar said: 'I wondered about that too and I mentioned that to the Prophet and he said: "This is a charity that Allah, the Exalted, has bestowed upon you, so accept His charity.'" This is related by the group.
for more: http://www.islamawareness.net/Salah/Qasr/fiqh_us_sunnah.html