Worry

mehitora

Salaam, brothers and sisters

I have a new worry. I will try to make this as clear as possible. I have decided to go through Facebook and get rid of all of the photos of me there. I have so far deleted the photos I have of myself, but discovered that after five years of having one, a lot of people have put up photos of and including me. Many of the owners of these pics I have asked as nicely as I can to get rid of them. I am going through and removing the tags of me on them, but I am worried that most of these people will not remove the photos because their are other people in the photos and they like the pics. In fact, there are people that I know will not delete the photos. I guess I am just going to be stuck with the photos staying there. Many of the pictures are very embarrassing. Me drinking alcohol, smoking, kissing guys and girls, very embarrassing things. If anyone has any advice, I would surely appreciate it.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
Ask them nicely to remove your pics, if they don't ask them again and again and perhaps again. :p untag yourself first so it no longer appears in your profile. Maybe someone may have some better advise.

P.S yeah yeah I know its hard to get rid of photos from facebook.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum sister,

if they do not wish to remove it, they can blur out your face--you may suggest that to them. Also know that your past life does not define who you're now. Allah has given you a clean plate, empty pages and a new life to lead. Remove yourself from those friends, define yourself as a Muslima now and insha'Allah with time people will just know as YOU are NOW---not who YOU were THEN. So, believe in that. I hope the rest of the TTI can give you better ways to deal with this...I just wanted to remind you that the past doesn't define the present or the future for that matter.

mohammadyunus

first of all delete your facebook account. I did it and dont regret it.
secondly, TTI is all you need for interaction, the rest you can do without.
what has happened is out of your control. The best you can do is to avoid yourself from going there.

Hope you find my suggestions helpful.

mehitora

Thank you, brothers and sister. Itqan Ullah, it seems to be extremely hard. I have been asking them and untagging the pics, but there are a lot of pics. IHearIslam, most of my "friends" on there are actually family scattered across the country. It is how we all keep in touch. I got rid of most of my backstabbing and demeaning "friends" ages ago. They just really weren't worth keeping around. Mohammadyunus, like I told IHearIslam, I keep my Facebook just to keep in touch with my family. Although, I am really not against getting rid of it. It has caused me nothing but grief and pain. Also, TTI does seem to be a good site to visit. I have had a hard time feeling like I belong.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Thank you, brothers and sister. Itqan Ullah, it seems to be extremely hard. I have been asking them and untagging the pics, but there are a lot of pics.

Yes, I know is hard (also I know people have habit of clicking pics from 360 deg every five mins and putting them on FB) but if you try explaining them like "I have turned religious, and this stuff is haraam in Islam and causing me embarrassment", etc. you're likely to succeed 10-20% more atleast inshallah (just a personal view). It will take time....

Try asking Sheikh Assim al hakeem, Inshallah he might give you some better advise from islamic point of view:
http://www.assimalhakeem.net/contact

mehitora

Thank you, brother. I will see what I can learn.

Another question came to mind while I was folding and putting away my clothes just now. Very few of my clothes from before I found the Truth are appropriate by Islamic standards. I mean, I was never one to really expose a lot of skin so I don't really have short skirts or shirts with plunging necklines. My pants are tight. Most of my skirts hit my knees or are figure forming. the rest of my skirts hit my lower calves and very loose, but I only have like two of them. And my shirts have always been uncomfortably tight and short sleeved. What is a reverted sister suppose to do when their wardrobe is very inappropriate, yet she has no money for a new one? I literally have no money, no job yet, and no one who has enough money to help me piece together a new wardrobe. Can anyone advice me on this?

One more thing, I share a room with my younger sister, but every night she has to have music playing when she sleeps. I can let go of the music and no longer have to have it, but she refuses to not have it at night. Any advice on this as well?

muhammad sabri

:salam2:

Dear sister regarding your sister and music you should insist in how much important it is for you to NOT listen music explaining her that you're not being ''extremist'' but simply you now believe as a muslimah that music has an efefct simllirar to alchool yet even worse because if the one who writes the song and plays wants you to be sad..your said and the player want you to be happy with the right music your happy BUT now as a muslimah you have the obligation to be aware of your own life and not let your life be controlled by anyone except for the ONE who created you and granted you the blessing of this life for He(Allah swt) gave it to you and He(swt) has more right over it than you :)...this is the answe regarding music and your sister.
Regarding your clothes try to wear as much as you can the covered clothes and if there is a masjid near your house go ask in there for some clothes and explain them your problem inch'Allah this should resolve the problem, but if you can't do that work even at home or ask your parents some money (and if they won't give you money because they or anyone else wont' accept you as muslimah then don't say them it's for the clothes, be general). Dear sister make Du'a(invocation to Allah swt) as much as you can as if you were seeing God and if you can't be that aware then remember that surely Allah(swt) is ever-looking :)

i know you can do it and i know that inch'Allah the reward will be great, and if i as a simple man have trust in you don't you think that ALLAH(SWT) THE MOST COMPASSIONATE SURELY IS FAAR MORE MERCFIUL than i could ever be?...you already know the answer :)

i trust you and inch'Allah..Allah(swt) also trusts you, be strong and take Allah(swt) as your best friend for verily Allah(swt) is the companion of the captent ones

:salam2: -Peace

mehitora

Thank you, dear brother, for your good advice. My sister and my parents, none of them, will honor my request about the music so I believe I will just listen to Qu'ran or Islamic online radio when I can and just ignore the music when I can't. There is no masjid where i live, but there is an Islamic center. I will talk with them when I get the chance to. I will put myself in Allah's hands for surely he knows better than I. Thank you, brother.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Really sad to hear about your situation. I don't have any idea about this but inshallah I'll keep you in my duas. May Allah (swt) solve your problems.

Regarding your sister, is she muslim or non-muslim? If shes non muslim then you can request her to atleast use headphones.

mehitora

Brother, she is non-muslim. And when she is awake she listens to an mp3 player with headphones in. It's only at night that she turns her radio on for the music. I have a pair of sound cancelling headphones so I think that me using them would be better. It is a possibility.

louise_soso

Salam alaikum

My advice would be to make dua
ask allah to protect you protect your honour your modesty and your soul.

make dua as much as you can

i would also advice you to delete this facebook page make a new one and add people you need and people you know are not going to have those sort of things on thier profile.

in time they will upload new pictures and things will move on in live......thye always do...

but for now be patience......

elqouds2020

elhamdou lilah

Salaam, brothers and sisters

I have a new worry. I will try to make this as clear as possible. I have decided to go through Facebook and get rid of all of the photos of me there. I have so far deleted the photos I have of myself, but discovered that after five years of having one, a lot of people have put up photos of and including me. Many of the owners of these pics I have asked as nicely as I can to get rid of them. I am going through and removing the tags of me on them, but I am worried that most of these people will not remove the photos because their are other people in the photos and they like the pics. In fact, there are people that I know will not delete the photos. I guess I am just going to be stuck with the photos staying there. Many of the pictures are very embarrassing. Me drinking alcohol, smoking, kissing guys and girls, very embarrassing things. If anyone has any advice, I would surely appreciate it.

:salam2:بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
أولا الحمد لله الذي هداكي للإسلام و هذه أكبر نعمة و أما بالنسبة للصوار
إن شاء الله سيحجب الله صوارك عن الأنضار لأنكي من المؤمنات فإن الله هو الساتر و مع الدعاء و الإلتزام بالصلوات و قرأت القرآن الكريم مع التوبة النصوحة و الندم على كل ما فاتكي و عدم الرجوع إليه و زيارة المركز الإسلامي و بالوفيق إن شاء الله.

mehitora

Thank you, sister. I certainly will make dua. I am thinking seriously about just completely getting rid of my Facebook all together. My mother can keep me informed on what is going on with my family and my friends that I still hold close to me either have my phone number or they are on my Skype.

Important note: Pray for me and my family, brothers and sisters. I have to take my aunt to the hospital. She passed out and hit her head.
Update: My aunt is better now. She just has a slight concussion. Masha'allah