Would you??!??

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The matter is personal and spiritual. Once again the entire field of psychology was based on the needs of the soul. Psychiatric literature provides us with illustrations of the power of faith in healing.

No one is arguing here. Nor is there any fingerpointing.

I am simply saying for some, not all, faith is enough. And faith dictates that there are cures found for the illness that afflicts the soul.

Call me ignorant..but yeah medicine can cure a malfunctioning heart...the organ..but I would be the richest woman in the world if I could come up with a pill to cure a broken heart!!!

The metaphysical needs are of a more delicate nature; they respond to a higher realm of the intellect. The heart heals by seeking Allah. Seeking the Pleasures of Allah. Doing good deeds is excellent therapy..and it is free of charge with no side effects; no suicidal ideation; just the barakat of Allah.

The choice is ours.

May Allah subhan wa taala forgive me.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2: brothers and sisters,
I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan

I have brought up psychological issues among Muslims in other threads before, but no one really addressed them. In fact, there were zero replies! Anyhow, I am bringing up a new one and hope that at least we can discuss this insha'Allah.

The question is do any of you guys know of Muslim support groups (specifically for people suffering from mental illnesses). Also, if you suffer from depression, bipolar and the likes, do you think you'd join an all Muslim support group to discuss ways to heal and share tips or just simply try to connect with people like you who're also Muslims??

I feel like mental illnesses in the Muslim community are not really addressed and for some it might even shock them that "a MUSLIM person" is depressed or suicidal (due to depression). I think, personally that it would be beneficial and I'd definitely join one. Other support groups aren't as helpful (because we don't share the same faith)---but yea,

Any ideas, concerns, questions, and criticisms are welcome!

Stay blessed,
Bedtime is calling, so I'll see you all tomorrow insha'Allah

:wasalam:
I agree with the concept of support group.Sadly many people who suffer these things consist of muslims as well.Not only in the West,but East is affected as well.It is the feeling of isolation and loneliness on which this disease feeds on,some of the parents or relatives might not be able to understand.In this day and age,I was hearing a lecture the suicide rate among pre pubescent children has increased so much.These are children,isolated and no one understands them,they see no way out.Muslim support group is a great idea and it's about time we accept that our muslims are not untouched by these disease and isolation will lead them further down into abyss.We know,Islamically as well that shaytaan is most active in isolation,so company of muslims with similar condition would do more good and it should also need a head or a mentor type person who can help these people understand the disease and heal inshaAllah.
:jazaak: for bringing this up.

:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Just so everybody knows, I am not ignoring your posts---my midterms are next week and I am a bit busy right now. However, I am reading all the links that are provided and also everybody's opinion. I am so glad this topic is on a great journey toward discovery and love. I know that when our community comes to accept that aint nobody immune to mental illness, then and only then can we have a break through!

May Allah heal all those who're suffering---please note that you're not alone :)

keep on writing peeps, this topic is now on FIRE!!!

a_stranger

Assalaam walaikum,

And the other side of the coin is why are there so many people on an Islamic website stating that we can not rely on the prescriptions of the Quran.

It is not controversial. It is a matter of faith. It is written that Allah has told us the Quran is enough a cure for the believer. Let the believer be.

:salam2:

Yes dear sister, the healing and cure of Quran can benefit only those who have enough faith......the more faith we have the more happiness and peace we get.

If our faith is shaken then the true trouble starts. :astag::astag::astag:

a_stranger

Assalaam walaikum,

The matter is personal and spiritual. Once again the entire field of psychology was based on the needs of the soul. Psychiatric literature provides us with illustrations of the power of faith in healing.

No one is arguing here. Nor is there any fingerpointing.

I am simply saying for some, not all, faith is enough. And faith dictates that there are cures found for the illness that afflicts the soul.

Call me ignorant..but yeah medicine can cure a malfunctioning heart...the organ..but I would be the richest woman in the world if I could come up with a pill to cure a broken heart!!!

The metaphysical needs are of a more delicate nature; they respond to a higher realm of the intellect. The heart heals by seeking Allah. Seeking the Pleasures of Allah. Doing good deeds is excellent therapy..and it is free of charge with no side effects; no suicidal ideation; just the barakat of Allah.

The choice is ours.

May Allah subhan wa taala forgive me.
:salam2:

Due to my personal experience I agree with you sister, 100 percent. First for those who have any mental disturbance let them try faith in Allah subhanahu wa taaala, understand the message of Quran , study Hadith........and try to arrange the convictions and priorities in their minds and hearts, start to pray with a heart, avoid haram....have a good company .......and see........if all that done with sincerity and didn't work let them go to doctors.

And Allahu aallam.

bmw540i

Salaams,

The Quraan is most certainly our cure and guide,how ever some people have a traumatising time with marital, psychological trauma,or social problems,or just looking for someone to share a problem with.I believe that the Quraan is supreme but you also need the expertise of psychologist and sociologist in this world.I personally love the youth and when you look at some of the kids leaving school and entering university,some of these poor kids have absolutely no idea what career to follow.So now you also need career guidance.Yes we need psychology and social Councillors especially for the mother in law,s of today .Oops did i say mother -in-law ?.Oh well i do not have one so it is ok.