wouldn't it be nice?

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
wouldn't it be nice if we had a symbol that we could wear like a necklace, like Christians have with a cross for a necklace?:tti_sister:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
wouldn't it be nice if we had a symbol that we could wear like a necklace, like Christians have with a cross for a necklace?:tti_sister:

NO

Why? Becuase we are not needy of telling someone that we are Muslim. Why? Becuase sisters should cover themselves and brothers whould also look like a Muslim and if they want something special then they can have beard.

A sister with hijab and brother with beard does not need to wear something to tell that he is Muslim. Islam should reflect in your every act. Not like christians: that you drink, do clubbing, rape girls and then you have to tell others by wearing locket that you are Christian actually.

Wassalaam,
VE

Globalpeace

Banned
Symbols

Asslamo Allaikum,

We do have symbols to show people that we are Muslims!

Men have beards
Women have Scarves

saima11

:salam2:

muslims should not need a symbol yes the beard and hijaab is one but our actions, way of like should show us as good muslims and what islam really is not what the media say about us.

basheer76

Your deeds are enough

Showing that you are a muslim can be done by your righteous deeds and your good manner.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA

Sister, I have a silver pendant bearing the name of Allah. I bought it in Turkey (long before I was a Muslim), where there were a wide range of Islamic pendants for sale...I don't wear it anymore because I'm not sure of the permissability of wearing it..is it even allowed to wear jewellery bearing Allah's name? I keep it tucked away in my jewellery box now.

Additionally, I don't feel the particular need to wear a piece of jewellery that identifies me as a Muslim, or as anything else. I used to wear a cross many years ago before I reverted, and I stopped wearing that too, because I was giving out the impression that I was 'into' Christianity. I wasn't - I wasn't religious whatsoever.

samiha

---------
Staff member

In accoradance to what has been said above, Islam should not be restricted to sybolism. Symbols don't really mean anything if the person who is wearing it does not actually believe in anything.

Symbols might also lead to Shirk or something like that. For say in some areas they believe wearing a certain thing with/or having the Quran in it or something will protect them from such and such a disease, when Allah is the Protector and Curer.

Besides, for women I think our hijab is enough a symbol for recognition ;) and what more beatiful symbol could there be? Besides, women are not allowed to show their adornments outside, therefore, any necklace or whatever would only be shown within the home, or to other women, it should not be displayed in public.

:wasalam:

Sister, I have a silver pendant bearing the name of Allah. I bought it in Turkey (long before I was a Muslim), where there were a wide range of Islamic pendants for sale...I don't wear it anymore because I'm not sure of the permissability of wearing it..is it even allowed to wear jewellery bearing Allah's name? I keep it tucked away in my jewellery box now.

Additionally, I don't feel the particular need to wear a piece of jewellery that identifies me as a Muslim, or as anything else. I used to wear a cross many years ago before I reverted, and I stopped wearing that too, because I was giving out the impression that I was 'into' Christianity. I wasn't - I wasn't religious whatsoever.

I have a silver pendant that says Allah also. I believe it is permissable, but you have to take it off or tuck it inside when you step into a restroom. I wear sometimes just to remind me to watch and be cautious of my actions, what I say, how I treat others, etc.

But like what most people have said, the best symbol is haveing a beard and wearing a hijab, dressing in modesty wearing Islamic garmets and of course even our actions can be considered a symbol in itself.

I think Mecca is one of the biggest 'symbols' in Islam. The beauty of millions of Muslims across the world facing in ONE direction and praying to ONE God (Allah), from ONE book (Holy Quran) has alot of significance and symbolism.

Come to think of it--humans, animals, trees, the earth, the universe of are all symbols/signs of Allah. Allah is the Creator so everything we see is a symbol/sign of Allah. Everything is Allah manifestation, but Allah has specifically showed us on how to worship Him.

walaakum salaam

shaz_1999

I dont think we should have some sort of symbol

But some people are proper dopey coz I wear a Scarf and this other muslim girl (Pakistani) was talking to me in her language and I was like I dont understand you coz I dont speak that language and she asked me where my parents are from and I told her from India and South Africa and she says to me so Are you muslim and I was like course I am!

I could not belive a muslim had to ask me that question where we were sitting we also had some non-muslims sitting by us and they were so shocked coz they never even asked that because of the way I dress and wearing a scarf it says it all.

Some people are proper weird

whatsername

Actually we do have something, people have necklaces that have a piece of the Quran, it's really nice.I just to have one that had Ayat Korse

basheer76

Actually we do have something, people have necklaces that have a piece of the Quran, it's really nice.I just to have one that had Ayat Korse

It's nice but they have to take them off before entering the restroom; because the Quran ( or a verse from it) has to be kept in a clean place.