"YA ALLAH " Media Bias Discussion

happy 2 b muslim

assalama alaykum everyone

i was watching channel four and they were inside a mosques undercover (subhallah) i felt they were attacking islam in a way when the sheikh in one of mosques was saying how we shouldnt join the police and so on. Why not show muslims rise millions for charity and show muslims spreading peace .

They were wrong on how they made it seem that happens in every mosques and we paint two stips on are faces and run the street shouting murder subhallah, they should learn there are bad and good ppl in ever faith. different muslims have different view as with different christains have different views.So why attack one faith and not all, shame but ppl dont think that way. But in 30 day muslim the show, the man went out in the street and asked ppl
"what comes to your mind wheni say terrorist" they all say "muslims" ya allah.

assalama alaykum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Isnt it ironic we are living in a country (UK) that has taken part in the illegal invasion followed by the killing of around 500,000 people in Iraq, their unrelenting support (with war materials) to Israel in their onslaught of Lebanon and Palestine as well as their backing and friendship with regimes which kidnap, murder and rape our Brothers and sisters in Chechnya, Kashmir, Burma, Thailand, Phillipines, Uzbekistan and many other places yet... people would say Muslims are terrorists??

I think the media should go out and make some PROPER documentaries citing real hardship, or is it that poor people are not worth filming? Or making sensational news creates more lucrative promotions.

Some people argue (Correctly) that MOST TV and media is biased. By, its very foundations. This is due to their financial backing. If it is State run, then obviously it will take that into consideration when making its news. i.e. all of Italy's media run by Berlusconi!!!, and Russia do not have independent media at all. In Russia, Chechen Muslims are villified and their history and cultural identity is not accepted. Needless to say, the people who have been massacred and suffer human rights issues are never seen or heard of. It is only their "banditry" and "terrorism" you will hear of.

Likewise, the UK has the BBC, which is always in the pocket of the government even if it has declared to be fighting off Downing street and White Hall. The evidence is a Scottish research report by some media students who found that more than 90% of BBC analysis was given to PRO WAR support before the Iraq invasion, with less than 10% given to people with Anti War sentiments. Balanced and fair? I think not. -

And this is EXTREMELY important, people do not kid yourselves. The media build up was the main weapon the Governments used in brainwashing people into allowing for the war to take place. Remember all the slogans of Imminent Danger, Iraqs radioactive Terrorist Threat, Blair even had the ordacity to use fake claim that Iraq could blow everyone up in under 45 Minutes ... "Intelligence also indicates that from forward-deployed storage sites, chemical and biological munitions could be with military units and ready for firing within 45 minutes.""

So, What about the TV Channels with adverts? Companies choose their slots for advertising on TV. That is, they compete ferociously over them!! Imagine several dogs starved for months, dribbling saliva everywhere, that is your typical marketing executives for these channels lol. Ok, perhaps not.. but you get the point. The monetary value of a prime time slot will be decreased by Documentaries depicting real life Horror, real victims of oppression and terror.. Nobody wants to see an advert for finger lickin chicken at KFC after seeing a documentary about US bombs blowing up kids in Baghdadi restuarants. -

In the end, the corporations (their stake holders like Bush, Rumsfeld), the political elite, that make the most of it.

The public must strive to gain their information, otherwise it is not just the liberty of the oppressed and powerless (i.e Muslims, blacks etc) that is at stake, but everyones. The internet is now the prime resource for people wishing to gain real information.

Those people who curse Muslims, who say ignorant things about Muslims are themselves extremely foolish. They do not know the ride they are being taken on at their own expense.

wasalam.