Year of Curiosity.

RyanH001

My names Ryan, and i'm wanting to share my story as well as my opening of greetings to everyone on this community! I've spent a few years with my islamic friends (from pakistan and india) for many hours a day, and since 4 years ago, every friday with my best friend who is Islamic. Once a christian, I am now athiest and I have been doing research, in the way of the muslim, Just to find that everything seems right to me. This is the only religion that I can see myself following, to praise god/allah and to help those around me understand the true meaning of living life under allah. I am learning as much as i can, and currently studying the Sahaba(Sp?) I am from USA, in the state of Georgia. In one day's time, I will be converting to Islam, I will have witness' and much faith in my heart (as i do now). I just wanted to introduce myself to the community before, and after I become muslim. Please I am here to learn so if you have any information you wish to share with me, my heart and mind is more then open to comments and help! Thank you so much.
Wasalam Alaikum (if thats correct)

Assalamo Alaikoum
welcome to the website
i hope u will find what are u looking for in turntoislam
I met one day some americans from Macon and Athens they were so friendly
i don't know if UGA university is far from u or no but i think there are some arabic courses there perhaps some reverts muslims who teach them.
good luck

Wa Alaikoum Assalam

OmarTheFrench

Welcome Ryan :)

I'm revert in Islam like many ppl in this forum,I hope god will help you find the truth like he has help us Insh'allah.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello..Ryan

I am happy to hear that you have chosen to seek the Truth.
Praise be to Allah (swt), to inform the best way we can muslims and those who want to learn about Islam is why we have started this forum with the help of Allah (swt).
We would be glad to help with any information we can, the other part is up to Allah (swt), and I ask Him to open your heart.
If you also sincerely ask Him insha'Allah (Allah willing) He will open your heart and you will understand Islam, 'cause that is in His hands. We can help you with a lot of information and that is our duty to Allah (swt) because we have accepted His Message He sent down to us through His Prophet Muhammad (saws), and insha'Allah whenever you think you have decided that this is what you think and know that is the right way of life then that is the first step, and the Shahada is the key as you have by now learned.
Feel free to ask if you need any assistance. I hope with my brothers & sisters in here, we can be of any help.

May Allah (swt) help you find the truth.

peace,

RyanH001

Thank you, Everyone
I have not had peace for myself until my choice to follow Allah. Somthing is different in me and i'm going to continue to follow that and become a good muslim.
I do have a slight problem, I currently live in a house that the family eats Pork and Drinks alcohol and i am to avoid that (Which i do on my own by choice) But i hear from my friend that his advice is to wait until i move out and then convert. I dont want to take his advice because I believe its wrong to put materials around me before the cause of following allah. What would you do?
[17:38] Saudenator: i told u , man times, its better since u would be living on your own
Me: explain to me how that would be better?
Saud: have a more better environment to study islam, living in ur house playing pc games, living in the same house of alcohol is haram, meaning agaist islam, even though ur not using it, its still haram since ur near it when u shouldn't be
Wasalam Alaikum

Argus

Alhamdulillah, you will become a great Muslim MashaAllah

As'salaam Alaikum,

You should avoid what Allah has forbidden us. But the most important thing is to recite your Shadaha and become Muslim. I as a fellow revert to Islam have to deal with my family, which I do by praying behind locked doors and making sure I can give good excuse when I fast on Ramadan. But the most important thing is to become Muslim, even recite it now if you have such belief, you never know what may occur in the future. Your friend I believe is wrong, you should become a Muslim as soon as you know you have faith in Allah and the message given to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as well as all the other prophets who have all served Allah over the years.

Thank you, Everyone
I have not had peace for myself until my choice to follow Allah. Somthing is different in me and i'm going to continue to follow that and become a good muslim.
I do have a slight problem, I currently live in a house that the family eats Pork and Drinks alcohol and i am to avoid that (Which i do on my own by choice) But i hear from my friend that his advice is to wait until i move out and then convert. I dont want to take his advice because I believe its wrong to put materials around me before the cause of following allah. What would you do?

Wasalam Alaikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Thank you, Everyone

Wasalam Alaikum

Hi Ryan, welcome to the website dear friend. Thanks for your introduction, it was a nice read and i truly Ask Allah to help you on your path to ISlam and to bless you and those around you in this world and the next.

Firstly, you have no control over what happens in your home as it is not your own. It is true that it is best that you move out of a place that continues sin, but im thinking that this is your family home. - As long as you do not eat pork, (something that is forbidden in the Bible too) and dont drink wine then it is Ok.

And also remember to be polite and courteous to those around you. As a Muslim our starting point in telling people about Islam is of course Tawheed, to let people be aware of their one Creator Allah. For Allah tells us that this world and that which is in it is a sign for those who really think! If you take the time to think about the complexity of all living life, you will see that indeed it was Allah who created it. It is only Allah who has the power over all things and it is Allah who is the only One deserved to be Worshipped, for he is the Most High, the Most Merciful the all-knower, the incomparable.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
hello..

wellcome to TTI..enjoy ur stay..

Are say Shahaada..or not yet..

any way that's useful Article May Help u insha` Allah..

why islam ?

feel free and read ..and ask u 'wellcome..

peace,

RyanH001

Again,
Thank you. I have witnessed myself and I will be saying the Shahada as soon as I feel ready. When I completely understand the meaning, and can say it with out fumbling. I will move out when I can and as soon as I can to stray from the continueous Sin, as my parents are of athiesm.
Thanks for the welcome and help. I will be happy to be among my brothers and sisters of Allah.
Wasalam Alaikum

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Again,
Thank you. I have witnessed myself and I will be saying the Shahada as soon as I feel ready. When I completely understand the meaning, and can say it with out fumbling. I will move out when I can and as soon as I can to stray from the continueous Sin, as my parents are of athiesm.
Thanks for the welcome and help. I will be happy to be among my brothers and sisters of Allah.
Wasalam Alaikum

u wellcome ..
Here : Conditions of the acceptance of the Shahaadatayn

it 'll be helpful to understand the meaning of Shahada..insha` Allah

i leave u in care of Allah

peace,

gudigak2009

:salam2:

It's great that you joining the beautiful religion, Islam. Keep checking this forum and I'm sure you will get all your questions answered here.

:wasalam: :shymuslima1:

Submitter

Welcome to the website Ryan!

I'm glad you decided to join the forum and news of your interest in Islam and the truth brings me happiness. You are making the most important decision of your life in this world that will inshallah (Allah willing) is your passport to success in the next life. If you have already decided and realised that Islam is the truth then please do take your Shahada as soon as you can. This section of the forum has some information that you may find useful:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46

We look forward to hearing news of your Shahada inshallah :)

:wasalam:

Maryem

:salam2:

Welcome to the website Ryan!
Wish you enjoy your stay here and learn more about Islam it is a very good site :ma: when my friends convert to Islam i allways Pass them this site and they really learned alot from this site thanks to submetter of this site and Allah will reward him for his good work.

duran

Hi Ryan
Welcome to TURNTOISLA.com

We r really happy to have you here, and Our Family is really growing fast....

I just want to say you...just keep visiting here and reading....you will see a whole new world around....while u r in this website...U will really feel Peace, friendly and safe....take ur time and May Allah give the Light of Islam...Ameen...:)

walid ali

Hi Brother

Iam a muslim man. This is none sense, do not delay your conversion at all. God will show you the path. Take is slowly and patiently. Allah is merciful and all knowing.
You can see it as atest from God. Look when you study the story of Islam. You will soon realise that it was a gradual process. Alcohol even though was forbidden not straight away. But after few years.
I think what matters most for you at present is to increase your knowlege of the religion. I mean the tenets of Islam. Work more on your worshiping of allah i.e. salat and fastring and charity.
Even when you move out, you will be surrounded by alcohol wherever uyou go.

walid