Refreshing York Mosque praised for offering EDL protesters tea

azmathmoosa

it looks like a good thing to do... but isn't EDL classifiable as "Kuffar", the enemies of Islam as opposed to a normal non muslim who would be classified as "people who don't know". and as such we should be firm against the EDL?! just a doubt! these times are really full of confusion and anarchy!!

Ya Allah Guide us All. Ameen.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

The respected brothers from masjid are working their way for a peaceful living together, wich is praise worthy. Your attitude towards them is your choice, but i am disappointed to read this reply, makes me think that many muslims still believe in violence and not peace.. May Allah guide us, indeed.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
it looks like a good thing to do... but isn't EDL classifiable as "Kuffar", the enemies of Islam as opposed to a normal non muslim who would be classified as "people who don't know". and as such we should be firm against the EDL?! just a doubt! these times are really full of confusion and anarchy!!

Ya Allah Guide us All. Ameen.

Many of the EDL are likely misguided as to what Islam is, knowing only what the likes of the Daily Mail newspaper (well-known for its anti-Muslim articles) are telling them about arranged marriages/honour killings/hate preachers etc. Education is worth the attempt in this case, as it may highlight the common ground that they have with the Muslim community (such as wanting a safe country to raise their children, or their love for the UK), or even be that one tiny little step which sees an eventual conversion to Islam (in shaa Allah!)

I personally find the actions of the imam and worshippers to be great. They showed everything that makes Islam good in doing so, including their charity, open tolerant debate and education and their willingness to engage even the 'enemy'.

John Smith

It's a shame its taken the actions of a heinous attack for Imams to open the doors to non Muslims, this should be done on a regular basis.

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) was sent to all mankind not just a few,open our doors will only breakdown misconceptions to those who do not know much about Islam.

Everyday should be an open day from masjids.

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
It's a shame its taken the actions of a heinous attack for Imams to open the doors to non Muslims, this should be done on a regular basis.

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) was sent to all mankind not just a few,open our doors will only breakdown misconceptions to those who do not know much about Islam.

Everyday should be an open day from masjids.

You never know, this series of events may spur other mosques and Muslim communities to actually do something in terms of reaching out to non-Muslims.

I would also add to your post the shame that is the mainstream media's unwillingness until now to recognise and acknowledge the disgust and rejection of terrorists and terrorism by the majority mainstream Muslim groups. Even the Daily Mail this time made a point to point out the Muslims who came to the site of the attack, offering prayers for both the soldier and his family and expressing their beliefs against terrorism quite openly.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

SubhanAllah, best news I've read all day. It's heartening to see muslims proactively extinguishing hate with peace. It would definitely be great if more mosques took steps like this.