Young muslims and parents?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

A recent example of a 19 year old girl married to a 21 year old, both still at university (different ones) has basically ended in divorce very very quickly - :( I know that girl personally and shes such a great person...but im thinking possibly neither of them really understood what it was about...:confused: I dont think they realise it takes alot of work to maintain a marriage, the extent to which the 'age factor' affected these people's outlook on marriage..is debatable I guess, but not totally unfounded. I think getting married whilst young/studying is okay, infact, a very good thing, however you need to tread carefully, parents usually have some valid points aswell - but not like sis Jannah03...thats really not good.

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Well i can understand where you are coming from sister, but i think you need to cut your parents some slack.

Every parent wants the best for their children and i beleive they are doing this because they feel that is best for you!

Marraige isnt easy!

Many of my friends are married and got married recently, and they are very young (19-25) and they all have said the same thing,

'It is the best thing they have ever done but it takes alot of hard work!',

When you get married your whole life changes, all your habits need to change for example me and my friends used to go out alot now they have family responsebliities,( NO MORE LATE NIGHTS.... ah them days!!)

If u you truly beleive that you need to get married then do it,

but i think the Youth today should think really hard about it cos its no joking matter in Islam!

muharram23

Staff member
we aleykumu salam!! I just can NOT believe this, this sounds CRAZY...I am still young, only 18, but I know my parents never would keep me that way but there are so many problems you see...it is just very sad how some parents don't get what's the right thing to do.

I hope Allah helps this woman in her life and may he grant her Jannah...this is jsut very sad!

Salamua alykum sister

if you were living in bosnia 30-40 yrs ago, 18 would be considered to old :). And even other countries. Both of my grandmothers got married at age 12or 13. Today, women in america is considered grown up at 18 and adult 21. HOwever, in islam she is an adult as soon as she reaches here puberty. That is a sign from Allah that she can be a mother, and the angels are righting her deeds which she will be questioned for. Now she becomes responsible for her actions. Aisha r.a was married to resulullah s.vs at 9 so it all varied from time to time. Women before were ready for marriage at really young age and also prefered because of their capabilities to bare alot of kids. By the time a women would reach age of 45, she would have at least 12-15 kids. The last kid my grandma gave birth was at age 45 and he was the 12th. MashAllah, also these large numbers saved us in bosnia. Since the kuffar give birth to 1-2 kids the most and we outnumbered them. Imaginge, the serbs exterminated 250,000 muslims of a total 3 million maybe. If our grand and great parents were not giving birth to so many kids, we would have been wiped out of the map. But with Qader of Allah, alhamdulillah it didnt happen.

Wassalamu alaykum

Muharram al bosni