your opinions

SNAQ

Assalamualaikum,
I would like to know everybody's opinion. I live in singapore and it is a very multi-racial country. The government emphasizes on strict racial and religious tolerence and we are encouraged to have dialogues between the races. So i had read one of these dialogues about the differences between muslims. The was this one chinese lady she noted that some of the muslim women here are wearing the hijab while some do not and she commented that that those who are wearing the hijab are those practice islam or those who abide strictly to the religion while those who do not adorn the hijab are moderate muslim.
The thing that shocked me the most is the idea of moderate and strict muslims. In my opinion there is no such thing in islam and all muslims are obligated to follow the the rules that allah has set through the prophet muhammad p.b.u.h as it is the best for them.
Thus i would like to know all your kind opinions and also how would all of you react if you are confronted with that kind of situation. :hijabi:

wassalam.

Noor to shine

:salam2:
<< The was this one chinese lady she noted that some of the muslim women here are wearing the hijab while some do not and she commented that that those who are wearing the hijab are those practice islam or those who abide strictly to the religion while those who do not adorn the hijab are moderate muslim.>>

those who do not adorn the hijab are simply disobeying Allah and his messanger not moderate at all....

haris

Patience
Aslam O alikum

There is nothing like srict or moderate muslims. Muslims are either complete or incomplete. ALLAH (SWT) says When you enter islam, enter completely. You cant get away on the day of judgement by saying Oh I was a moderate muslim because there is nothing like that.

This is just a propaganda which even Muslims do. In my opinion the muslims who re doing this propaganda are the ones who are ashamed to be muslims.

Be a proud muslim

May Allah guide us and them

Wsalam

Ayep

Walaykumsalam sister,

You are not alone being disturbed by all these classification by the govt. If one thing the non-Muslims know best on how to weaken Islam is by dividing them in this case labelling us Muslims with moderate, modern, extremist etc.

After years of hearing all these crappy labels, I think it is best just to ignore them and be affected or concern about them. If we are affected by it we tend to shift our stand to where they want us to be. Remember Muslims are Muslims and it does not matter what humans say cause in the end only Allah will judge between what is right and wrong.

Muslims should not be invisible in practicing our religion cause that is what we see these days in the country. Ignorant non-muslims are the majority so they they have lesser opportunity to mix with Muslims thus will always give silly comments. However the first step is for each of us to educate them by practicing and learning Islam.

All these labels are psychological warfare and if we are sincere practicing Muslims, we already know all these labelling are by ignorant and insincere people.

Allah knows best
:wasalam: