Youths’ corruption and their problems

bemuslim

Youths’ corruption and their problems

There are various reasons for youth's corruption and their problems.

Youths go through many rapid physical, mental and intellectual developments. Hence there is a great need for providing them with the means of self-control and curbing of their defiance as well as wise leadership that can lead them to the straight path.

The corruption of youth can be attributed to many factors, prominent among them are:

1. Joblessness:

Joblessness is a disease that kills mental, intellectual and physical capabilities. As a matter of fact, it is inevitable that human beings work; and if they are deprived of work and movement, the brain becomes beset, their intellect exhausted, and the mind becomes weak as devilish insinuations and malicious thoughts take control of their hearts.

Evil and wicked intentions may occur to them as a result of the depression that usually results from being jobless.

In order to be cured of this disease, the affected youths should get involved in activities that suit them like reading, writing, trading or any other activities that can stand between them and joblessness and which is capable of making them sound and useful members of the community.

2. Estrangement between youths and elders:

This problem appears in a situation where some elders see corruption in their youths and just stand aloof without making any effort to correct them, having lost hope in their reform.

This problem however can be solved if elders and youths endeavor to remove the estrangement and alienation between them. Both should bear in mind that society - with its youths and elders - is like a single body, and if a part of it decays, the decadence will affect the whole body. Elders also are requested to feel the sense of responsibility towards their youths and remove their attitude regarding the hopelessness of youths' piety because Allaah is capable of doing everything.

For, how often a person straying afar has been guided by Allaah and thereafter became a torch of guidance and a reformer.

Youths on their part, should hold their elders in high esteem. They should respect their views and accept their directives because they have achieved greater wisdom and experience than youths have achieved. Therefore, when elders' wisdom is added to youths' energy, the society becomes prosperous by the will of Allaah.

3. Keeping company with corrupted people:

Bad company has much psychological, mental and moral influence on the youth. That is why the Prophet said: "is on the religion of his intimate friend (i.e. influenced by him), so let every one of you look critically for whom to befriend." [Ahmad and Abu Daawood]

Therefore, the youth should choose righteous, good and intelligent persons as their companions in order to benefit from their goodness, righteousness and intelligence. Before befriending them, they should study their conditions and reputations. If those who are being considered are people of noble character, upright, religious and of good reputation, they are like objects of a long cherished wish and become as acquired booty. They should therefore stick to them.

If, on the other hand, people of bad character, must be dealt with cautiously, then they should be kept at a distance and not taken as companions because of their sweet-talk and fine outward appearance.

4. Reading of destructive books, magazines, newspapers, etc:

This type of literature has the great potential to mislead one from his religion, faith, and lead one away from excellent morality to the abyss of degeneration which naturally leads to ‘kufr’ (disbelief).

Also, reading of this kind of literature turns the youths aside from spiritual growth because it impedes his natural inclination to do good.

The solution to this problem is to immediately shift from reading such literature to material that inculcate the love of Allaah and His Prophet in one's heart and other items (tapes, tracts etc.) that help in actualizing faith and virtuous deeds. They should patiently endure reading or listening to such material because the soul will challenge them in order to coerce them into paying attention to what they were accustomed to before and will make them feel bored and irritated by useful books and positive sources.

There are also many books that can enhance spiritual growth and practice, such as the Quran, authentic ‘Hadeeths’, and numerous writings of scholars (based on the Quran and ‘Hadeeth’) on the life of the Prophet his companions and heroic figures in Islamic history.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:ma: very useful article jazak Allahu khayra for sharing, may Allah subhan wata'ala increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:

TruthSeeker17

the reason why youts ar destroying themselves

i myself am 17 years old.....i occaisionally screw up such as i failed alg2....but i am making it up in summer school and hope to attend the college of my dreams in 09......but the reason why kids fail so much is because they fail to see the future....ppl live in this now bubble and think they are invincible....people think that "oh its going to take forever for me to graduate, im just gonna screw around in high school" but the thing is that before you even know it your shot into the real world.................we need to prepare kids for college at earlier ages to prevent people from dropping out and stuff...............parents need to be FRIENDS and not parents to their kid.......they need to relate to them ....... parents dont have a clue to how to communicate with them....they have to act how they act somtimes.....down to earth....be funny.....crack jokes......you cannot be strict with your child......do things with him/her......tell her some crazy things you did back "in the day" to show your kid that in a way your were once like one of them..............trust me whe parents start to do that more the relationship gets a whole lot better believe me

bemuslim

dear nice man.thank u for reading about islam.it is a good startting point towards.

Ibn al-Jawzi said:

There was a king who had a lot of wealth, and he had a daughter and no other children. He loved her very much, and he used to let her enjoy all kinds of entertainment. This went on for a long time. Beside the king there lived a devoted worshipper, and whilst he was reciting one night, he raised his voice saying, “O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones “ [al-Tahreem 66:6 – interpretation of the meaning]. The girl heard his recitation and said to her servants, “Stop!” But they did not stop. The worshipper started to repeat the verse, and the girl kept telling them to stop, but they did not stop. She put her hands to her collar and tore her garment, and they went to her father and told him the story. He went to her and said, “My dear, what happened to you tonight? What made you weep?” and he hugged her. She said, “I ask you by Allaah, O my father, to tell me, does have Allaah have a Fire the fuel of which is men and stones?” He said, “Yes.” She asked him, “Why did you not tell me? By Allaah I will not eat any good food or sleep on any soft bed until I know whether my abode is in Paradise or Hell.”

Safwat al-Safwah, 4/437-438

You have to keep them away from the places of immorality and misguidance; do not leave them to grow up with evil things from the television etc, then after that expect them to be righteous, for whoever sows thorns cannot harvest grapes. That should be done when they are young, so that it will be easy for them when they grow up, and they will get used to it, and it will be easy for you to tell them what to do and what not to do, and it will be easy for them to obey you.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Teach your children to pray when they are seven years old, and smack them if they do not do so when they are ten, and separate them in their beds.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 495; classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5868

But the educator must be merciful, forbearing, easy-going and approachable, not foul-mouthed or unkempt, arguing in a manner that is better, far removed from insulting, rebuking and beating, unless the child is one of those who willfully disobey and rejects his father’s commands and neglects his duties and does haraam things; in that case it is better to use stern measures with him, without causing him harm.

Al-Minaawi said: For a father to discipline his child when he reaches the age of discernment [??] means that he should raise him with the characteristics of the righteous believers and protect him from mixing with evildoers; he should teach him the Qur’aan and good manners and the language of the Arabs, let him hear the Sunnah and the sayings of the Salaf and teach him the religious rulings that he cannot do without. He should warn him then smack him if he does not pray etc. That will be better for him than giving a saa’ in charity, because if he teaches him properly, his actions will be among his ongoing charity, whereas the reward for a saa’ of charity is limited, but that will last as long as the child lives. Discipline is the nourishment of the soul, and training it for the Hereafter.

“O you who believe! Ward off yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell)…”

[al-Tahreem 66:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

Protecting yourself and your family from it means reminding them of Hell. Discipline includes preaching, warning, threatening, smacking, detaining, giving and being kind. Disciplining one who is good and noble is different from disciplining one who is difficult and ignoble.

Fayd al-Qadeer, 5/257

Smacking is a means of correcting the child; it is not something that it wanted in and of itself, rather it is resorted to if the child is stubborn and disobedient.

There is a system of punishment in Islam, and there are many punishments in Islam, such as the hadd punishments for adultery, theft, slander, etc. All of these are prescribed in order to set the people straight and put a stop to their evil.

Concerning such matters the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) advised parents to deter their children from doing wrong.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Hang your whip where the members of the household can see it, for that will discipline them.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani, 10/248; its isnaad was classed as hasan by al-Haythami in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 8/106

Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4022, it is hasan.

So raising children should be a balance between encouragement and warning. The most important element of all is making the environment in which the children live a good one, by providing the means whereby they may be guided; this means that their educators should be religiously committed, including their parents.

One of the ways in which a parent may be successful in raising his children is to use a cassette player to play tapes of teachings, Qur’aan recitation, khutbahs and lessons of scholars, for there are many available.

With regard to the books that you asked about, which you can refer to with regard to raising children, we recommend the following:

Tarbiyat al-Atfaal fi Rihaab al-Islam by Muhammad Haamid al-Naasir and Khawlah ‘Abd al-Qaadir Darweesh

Kayfa yurabbi al-Muslim waladahu by Muhammad Sa’eed al-Mawlawi

Tarbiyat al-Abna’ fi’l-Islam by Muhammad Jameel Zayno

Kayfa nurabbi Atfaalana by Mahmoud Mahdi al-Istanbuli

Mas’ooliyat al-Abb al-Muslim fi Tarbiyat al-Walad by ‘Adnaan Ba Haarith

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A