Video Yusuf Islam in his latest TV interview with the ex-BBC Director Alan Yentob.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[imgleft]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/yusuf_islam_turn_to_islam.jpg[/imgleft] Yusuf Islam in his latest TV interview with the ex-BBC Director Alan Yentob. Aired in June 2006. They Discuss Yusuf's Life and how he came from being Cat Steven World Famous Popstar to him finding Islam. Also interviewed is his brother and they speak about family life. It is one of the best documentaries about Yusuf Islam around. So please do watch it. :)

[vg]7767065682886453985[/vg]

starmoon

Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before!

There is a saying that "there are no strangers, only friends we haven't met yet". I am interested in learning more about Islam, so I joined this website as a member. Have a nice evening.

Starmoon

Anssam12

Allah (SWT) is Noor (Light), & guides to HIS Noor (Light), Whom HE (SWT) likes, HE (SWT) had guided you, to his straight path, please hold to it firmly, to win this world & hereafter InshAllah.

Allah (SWT) did not create this world randomly, every thing in it has an orbit or a path, and this path should lead us to Allah (SWT) (The Noor). Thanks for Allah (SWT) for sending us The Map (The Noble Quraan), & Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as an explainer & guider in this world, to show us the right path (his Sunnah) that leads to wide & deep ocean of Noor (ALLAH) SWT, which is full of precious & valuable things of this world & hereafter.

califmuslimah

I always respected Yusuf Islam but I'm not happy...

:hijabi: that he has decided to make music again. Music is haram in Islam and he once knew this to be true but now has been perswaded to think it's ok. InshAllah he will change his mind and be guided to the straight path. Ameen.

svjaveed

Salam alakum ! :salam2:
I would like to download this video please ! does anybody know how to do it.
Thanks,:jazaak:
svjaveed

nitewolf

Salam alakum ! :salam2:
I would like to download this video please ! does anybody know how to do it.
Thanks,:jazaak:
svjaveed

Salam,

Click on the Google Video button on the bottom-right corner to go to Google Videos. The will allow you to download this and future videos ".gvi" format in windows. But you'll have to install the Google Video first.

Regards
Mohamed

ripefig

Mixed emotions

The story of Usuf Islam giving up music for Islaam always had a special place in my heart. Although I never met him I loved him dearly (and I still do), but I am a bit disappointed he has gone back to it. I don't know if am selfish for feeling this way but that is how I feel. His giving up what he loved for Islaam was an inspiration for many people including myself.:salam2:

samiha

---------
Staff member
ASSALAM.

I know what you mean. I have a few of his tapes and I was so glad they didn't have music. Then when I saw him w/ a guitar it was kind of like a surprise/let down at the same time. I still respect him, but am very sorry that he was/is misguided. May Allah open his eyes. Ameen.

Muwahi-1

Asalamu Alaikum,

I used to listen to Yusuf Islam´s Anasheed,and I used to be proud of him as a Muslim who gives up Music to obey Allah and his messenger, peace be upon him. However yesterday, there was a program in TV called ( from Popstar to a prophet to a Popstar) and I was surprised to know that they are talking about Yusuf Islam. I had tears in my heart to know that Shaitan has finally succeeded in turning him back to what Allah and his messenger, pbuh, forbid. what a Fitna!!!!!!
May Allah opens up his eyes once again to the true path, the path of the guided ones. Alahuma Rzuqna Husnul Khatima, Amin

wa alaikum Asalam

allahumassally

Asalamu Alaikum,

I used to listen to Yusuf Islam´s Anasheed,and I used to be proud of him as a Muslim who gives up Music to obey Allah and his messenger, peace be upon him. However yesterday, there was a program in TV called ( from Popstar to a prophet to a Popstar) and I was surprised to know that they are talking about Yusuf Islam. I had tears in my heart to know that Shaitan has finally succeeded in turning him back to what Allah and his messenger, pbuh, forbid. what a Fitna!!!!!!
May Allah opens up his eyes once again to the true path, the path of the guided ones. Alahuma Rzuqna Husnul Khatima, Amin

wa alaikum Asalam

May Allah Forgive Yussuf Islam And Take Shaytan Away From Him And Also Increase His Iman.
Assallamu Allaykum Warahmatullahy Wabarakatuhu

:salam2:

Subhanallah i was very pleased to hear that he had reverted, and like many i used to listen to Yusuf's Anasheed, but when i heard that he was going to bring back instruments to play in the songs (namely the guitar):astag: i was deeply saddened that he is reverting (although he may not see it) to his old ways....but what about Sami Yusuf? I mean mashallah his words may be touching and have an impact but the amount of instruments he uses is shockin......one question though.......why do we tend to see Yusuf's songs as wrong because he brought back a couple of instruments and hardly comment on Sami Yusuf?? Is it because Yusuf reverted and we're noticing his old ways agn? what about the ones who may be born muslims but do many bad deeds?

:wasalam:

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
macha'allah eventhough he has brought back his guitar he has done so much by opening shools,etc....We have no right to judge another people,that's Allah Almighty's role

abuhamza

Asalamu Alaikum,

.... I had tears in my heart to know that Shaitan has finally succeeded in turning him back to what Allah and his messenger, pbuh, forbid. what a Fitna!!!!!!

wa alaikum Asalam

For those who are sad to hear he is "reverting" to music, I think it's better to remember YOUR responsibilities as followers of Muhammad's :saw2: sunnah by not speaking badly about your muslim brother in his absence, EVEN IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE, because the standard for backbiting is the person about whom you are speaking may not like what you're saying. Moreover, his :saw2: sunnah is to make excuses for your muslim brothers/sisters and not to assume something negative. Lastly, we should pray for one another at all times, regardless whether we think they are rightly guided. Wallahi musta'aan.

travelling

Assalaam alaikum

The opinion that musical instruments are allowed is somewhat obscure but does exist. Therefore it cannot be condemned.

Some of the posts on this thread are extremely condescending. Remember the guy's almost 60 - I'm sure most of the posters are teenagers or only slightly older - and he makes numerous references to what he has discovered in maturity in the video and other statements. Until you're able to argue from a similar amount of experience (Yusuf Islam's life has involved an incredible amount of experience) you all should really learn your place and speak accordingly.

SiStA DiNa

Hi Starmoon,
I just became a member of the site yesterday. How are you finding things?
I converted to Islam in June 2006 and I am so happy !!

SiStA DiNa

zafor

Imman

As Sallamu Alikum, I think the biggest lesson we can learn from Yusuf Islam’s story is that we must be in good environment or companies and constantly make effort until we die to keep up our Imman. Shayten vowed to take men to Jahannam (hall) with him, and shayten doesn’t give up in his effort and he is very knowledgeable on how to lead men astray. Yusuf Islam made huge sacrifice when he reverted to Islam by sacrificing his fame from millions of fan, and shayten couldn’t win. But shayten constantly worked on him until he meet his objective. Therefore, lesson learned for all of us that once we increase our Imman to certain level, we constantly have me make effort to keep our Imman to that level. Yusuf Islam was one my major inspiration in quieting listening to music. Him coming back to music is big sorrow for me. But Yusuf Islam has time until his death to come back to Sunnah, Insh’Allah, he will. I pray that Allah safeguard everybody, including me, against the evil of shayten and keep our life and death on Imman, Ammen.

AOOA

Asalam Alaikum (Peace be on You)

Thanks for learning more about Islam I welcome you to Islam to learn more about Islam and read the Translation of the Quran so you will Understand About the True Message of Islam.
Thanks
Allah is the protector