Video Yvonne Ridley Explains the Role of Women in Islam and how she became Muslim

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[imgleft]http://www.turntoislam.lightuponlight.com/images/tti/yvonne_ridley_tti_interview.jpg[/imgleft]Talks about How She As an Active Feminist Chose to Become Muslim

Yvonne Ridley Explains the Role of Women in Islam

Clears Misconceptions, She used to believe that the Quran advocated beating of women, subjudation and intolerance. However, when she actually looked in the Quran and read it, She became convinced it was truly a message from God. She left Church of England and Christianity to become a Muslim. She explains Islam quite well in this video and it is a recommended video to watch for anyone Muslim or non Muslim.Also She Critisises Muslim Haters like Irshad Manji.

[vg]-4929046509315492036[/vg]

Najeeb

I want to download this video to show it to my family can someone help me how to downalod. Thanx

Anssam12

Allah (SWT) is Noor (Light), & guides to HIS Noor (Light), Whom HE (SWT) likes, HE (SWT) had guided you, to his straight path, please hold to it firmly, to win this world & hereafter InshAllah.

Allah (SWT) did not create this world randomly, every thing in it has an orbit or a path, and this path should lead us to Allah (SWT) (The Noor). Thanks for Allah (SWT) for sending us The Map (The Noble Quraan), & Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as an explainer & guider in this world, to show us the right path (his Sunnah) that leads to wide & deep ocean of Noor (ALLAH) SWT, which is full of precious & valuable things of this world & hereafter.

abd_u_llah

Mashallah!
very nice video!
thanks alot brother for sharring it..
i really like what she said about the CHristian convert in afghanistan, and also about why muslim womens are not allowed in some of the "masjid's" in the u.k... very nice video!
wasalam wr wb

Asma

As salaam alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
Alhamdullilah,I must say I loved her video.I would like to have Sister Yvonne Ridleys E-mail address if possible.InshaAllah, I would also like to meet her.

POLO

Turn 2 Islam

:bismillah:

:salam2:
Just accidently I got UR site. :ma: , what wonderful work done. My profound appreciation for UR noble efforts. Viewing vedios I have learnt a lot.

Jazak Allah. I wish U the very best in UR noble & correct endeavours insha Allah. Please keep up the good work.

:wasalam:

AishaR

As salaam alikum

A truly amazing story. May Allah swt guide this wonderful sister. inshallah

Aisha

etta

Regards

Assalamu Alikum,
First, I would like to thank all the hard work, and great efforts you all are making in order to provide the viewer with rich knowledge and useful links to our great religion. It is the first e-mail I am sending to you and I hope I will be a friend who is always with you, supporting you, helping you at least with the good words.
I do enjoy logging into this website to refresh my mind and strengthen my experience with more and more knowledge about our religion.

Best of Luck
Assalamu Alikom.

ardy

Women and Islam

Assalamualaikum,

Sister Ivonne is right, women have the same rights as men in Islam, it is culture that oppresses not Islam. I wonder if she ( or any other sisters) ever heard about a tribe called Minangkabau, there one can see the beauty of Islam, I wish the Taliban would learn from this tribe.

Umm Na'eema

MASH'ALLAAH! REPRESENT, ukhtee!

Bismillaahi was salaatu was salaamu 'ala Rasoolillaah ~

Mash'Allaah, mash'Allaah, mash'Allaah!!!

Allaah (subhanahu wa t'ala) guided me, such a lost soul and disbelieving mushrik, to this Truth. I could never express how grateful I am for His Mercy in opening my eyes to this blessed Deen. It has been 7 years now and I cannot even begin to express how sad I feel about the current state of the Muslims today. That is, misguided and uneducated, blind-following, stuck-in-their-own-cultural-traditions... this is our Ummah today ~ the Ummah of our beloved Prophet (sallalahu 'alayhi wasalam). Everything that this sister was saying is EXACTLY what I feel and EXACTLY what I find myself saying to friends and family who judge me from what they see in the majority of Muslims today. So we continue to protect the honour of our brothers and sisters and find excuses for eachother's faults.

How much tears the Prophet (sallalahu 'alayhi wasalam) shed in his lifetime fearing the trials of the grave and the punishments of the Fire, for HIS own community, the Sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), whom He tell us in the following authentic hadeeth "The best of people is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them (i.e. the first three generations of Muslims)." (Bukhari, Muslim)

How much more would he (sallalahu 'alayhi wasalam) weep for the Ummah of today?

And Allaah (azawajjal) says: "For each (such person) there are (Angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allaah. Verily, Allaah will never change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allaah Wills a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find anyone to protect themselves, besides Him." (Surah Ar Ra'd 13:11)

In another authentic hadeeth (Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi) he (sallalahu 'alayhi wasalam) says: "Adhere very closely to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the Rightly Guided Caliphs after me; bite on to it with your molar teeth, and beware of the newly invented matters (ie. to the Deen)."

But is there anything left of the Sunnah present in the Muslims of today? Except for the fact that they may call themselves "Sunni"?

And if you're "practicing" what TRULY is the Sunnah, as prescribed by the Last Messenger of God (on whom be peace), you are faced with the label of someone who is "old-fashioned", "an immigrant who has not left his/her country's traditions", "an extremist", "a Wahhaabi"... and the list goes on.

One of his (sallalahu 'alayhi wasalam) prophecies for the future was: “You [Muslims] will [in future times] follow the ways of those [disbelieving] nations who preceded you very closely; even if they enter into the hole of a lizard you would follow them into it.” (Bukhari and Muslim)

So MASH'ALLAAH to the sisters who carry the eemaan in their hearts to cover up for the sake of Allaah. So many Muslim couples we see nowadays, where you admire the strength of the sisters to adorn their faith among those who can be so ignorant, cruel and judgmental. Yet (just an example) the husband she walks beside blends in with everyone else. Unconscious of his own awrah, or hayah.

How hurt the Prophet (sallalahu 'alayhi wasalam) would be to see the deterioration in treatment of our sisters in various countries from his time. Taking cultural ideas and chauvanistic rulings from uneducated "imaams" or scholars OVER the beautiful, uplifting and loving examples of the Prophet (on whom be peace). A man sent to us from our Creator to give us guidelines on how to achieve Jannah. A man who advised, "The best among you (the Believers) are those best to their wives." (Muslim)

MASH'ALLAAH to this sister for speaking out about all these current issues.

"Whosoever Allaah guides, He expands his breast to [contain] Islaam. And whosoever He misguides, He makes his breast tight and constricted, as though he were climbing into the sky. Thus does Allaah place defilement upon those who do not believe. And this is the Straight Path of your Lord. We have detailed the verses for a people who remember..." (Surah al-An'am 6:125)

And I would like to end this commentary with one of my favourite Hadeeth, another prophecy told by Mohammed (on whom be peace)...
"Islaam started as strange (with few converts then grew big and popular) and it will return, in decline, as strange (with very few sincere followers) as it started. So give glad tidings to those strange few faithful." (Muslim)

May Allaah (ar-Rahmaanir Raheem) bless us with His Continued Mercy and Guidance and aid us in rectifying our affairs... Aaameen. Aameen. Aameen.

Wa'alaikum salaam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Baraakatuh.

Umm Na'eema

Thanking All the people who are working for this site

Assalam u Alaikum, I am Mehmood and I am working as lecturer here in Quetta city in Pakistan. Basically I am teaching Islamic studies. I would like to say that indeed our sister Yvonne Ridley have found the truth and now the way she presented the facts in her interview like …her idea about Islamic world and brotherhood, Taliban, Pakistani people, and about Islamic shariyah related things like for woman shaking hands with men, or about the person who pretend to turning from Islam to Christianity etc. for every thing she said, she had solid reasons and arguments, based on very fundamental Islamic beliefs. I pray to God again and again that may God reward her for every thing she is doing for Islam. Every thing she said will really help the new Muslims and those Muslims as well who are not practicing Islam… If somehow I can download all these clips I would like to share them with my hundreds of students. Specially the female students who are not practicing Islam as they should do. Thank you sister Yvonne and thank you all members of turntoislam.com.
Mehmood Yousufzai, Quetta, Pakistan

Suleiman

All I can say is:
When Truth Encounters FalseHood, Truth Prevails and Falsehood Perishes, For Flasehood is by nature bound to Perish...

Suleiman-Pakistan

frendo

can I get a new link ?

to download the video(i.e. Sister Yvonne's interview)
click the following link
http://vp.video.google.com/videodow...egin=0&len=3417447&docid=-4929046509315492036

p.s. copy pasting the link on a download accelerator would make things easier (right click the link - select copy shortcut or copy link location(may change according to the browser) and paste it on a dwnload accelerator]. if that seems 2b difficult jus click on the above link

dear shafi
thank you for this link , but can I find a smaller one( it z very big file sixe, I can't download such big size), hope you or any other brother or sister can find me one.
wa alsalamo alaikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakatuh.
:arabi1:

hawahamdi

:ma: great video

this sister talks about brothers sitting on their knees which is true true true.
i didn't know about the brothers letting a non muslim in the masjid when they refused for the sisters!!! how dare they?:allahuakbar: