Zaid ibn Amr (ra)

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Hadith on Abraham: The story of Zaid ibn Amr’s search for the true religion of Abraham

Ibn Umar reported: Zaid ibn Amr ibn Nufail went to Syria to ask about a ture religion to follow. He met a Jewish scholar and he asked them about their religion. Zaid said, “I intend to embrace your religion, so tell me something about it.” The Jew said, “You cannot embrace our religion until you receive a share of Allah’s anger.” Zaid said, “I do not run except from Allah’s anger and I will never bear it if I can avoid it; can you tell me about another religion?” He said, “I do not know of any other religion but the Haneef.” Zaid said, “What is the Haneef?” He said, “Haneef is the religion of Abraham who was neither a Jew nor a Christian.” Then Zaid left and he met a Christian scholar and he told him the same as before. The Christian said, “You cannot embrace our religion until you receive a share of Allah’s curse.” Zaid said, “I do not run except from Allah’s curse and I will never bear it if I can avoid it; can you tell me about another religion?” He said, “I do not know of any other religion but the Haneef.” Zaid said, “What is the Haneef?” He said, “Haneef is the religion of Abraham, who was neither a Jew nor a Christian, and he would worship none but Allah.” When Zaid heard this about Abraham, he left that place and he raised both of his hands and he said, “O Allah, you are my witness that I am upon the religion of Abraham.”

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 58, Number 169]

عَنْ ابْنِ عُمَرَ أَنَّ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ نُفَيْلٍ خَرَجَ إِلَى الشَّأْمِ يَسْأَلُ عَنْ الدِّينِ وَيَتْبَعُهُ فَلَقِيَ عَالِمًا مِنْ الْيَهُودِ فَسَأَلَهُ عَنْ دِينِهِمْ فَقَالَ إِنِّي لَعَلِّي أَنْ أَدِينَ دِينَكُمْ فَأَخْبِرْنِي فَقَالَ لَا تَكُونُ عَلَى دِينِنَا حَتَّى تَأْخُذَ بِنَصِيبِكَ مِنْ غَضَبِ اللَّهِ قَالَ زَيْدٌ مَا أَفِرُّ إِلَّا مِنْ غَضَبِ اللَّهِ وَلَا أَحْمِلُ مِنْ غَضَبِ اللَّهِ شَيْئًا أَبَدًا وَأَنَّى أَسْتَطِيعُهُ فَهَلْ تَدُلُّنِي عَلَى غَيْرِهِ قَالَ مَا أَعْلَمُهُ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ حَنِيفًا قَالَ زَيْدٌ وَمَا الْحَنِيفُ قَالَ دِينُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لَمْ يَكُنْ يَهُودِيًّا وَلَا نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَا يَعْبُدُ إِلَّا اللَّهَ فَخَرَجَ زَيْدٌ فَلَقِيَ عَالِمًا مِنْ النَّصَارَى فَذَكَرَ مِثْلَهُ فَقَالَ لَنْ تَكُونَ عَلَى دِينِنَا حَتَّى تَأْخُذَ بِنَصِيبِكَ مِنْ لَعْنَةِ اللَّهِ قَالَ مَا أَفِرُّ إِلَّا مِنْ لَعْنَةِ اللَّهِ وَلَا أَحْمِلُ مِنْ لَعْنَةِ اللَّهِ وَلَا مِنْ غَضَبِهِ شَيْئًا أَبَدًا وَأَنَّى أَسْتَطِيعُ فَهَلْ تَدُلُّنِي عَلَى غَيْرِهِ قَالَ مَا أَعْلَمُهُ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ حَنِيفًا قَالَ وَمَا الْحَنِيفُ قَالَ دِينُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ لَمْ يَكُنْ يَهُودِيًّا وَلَا نَصْرَانِيًّا وَلَا يَعْبُدُ إِلَّا اللَّهَ فَلَمَّا رَأَى زَيْدٌ قَوْلَهُمْ فِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَام خَرَجَ فَلَمَّا بَرَزَ رَفَعَ يَدَيْهِ فَقَالَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَشْهَدُ أَنِّي عَلَى دِينِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَقَالَ اللَّيْثُ كَتَبَ إِلَيَّ هِشَامٌ عَنْ أَبِيهِ عَنْ أَسْمَاءَ بِنْتِ أَبِي بَكْرٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا قَالَتْ رَأَيْتُ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ نُفَيْلٍ قَائِمًا مُسْنِدًا ظَهْرَهُ إِلَى الْكَعْبَةِ يَقُولُ يَا مَعَاشِرَ قُرَيْشٍ وَاللَّهِ مَا مِنْكُمْ عَلَى دِينِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ غَيْرِي وَكَانَ يُحْيِي الْمَوْءُودَةَ يَقُولُ لِلرَّجُلِ إِذَا أَرَادَ أَنْ يَقْتُلَ ابْنَتَهُ لَا تَقْتُلْهَا أَنَا أَكْفِيكَهَا مَئُونَتَهَا فَيَأْخُذُهَا فَإِذَا تَرَعْرَعَتْ قَالَ لِأَبِيهَا إِنْ شِئْتَ دَفَعْتُهَا إِلَيْكَ وَإِنْ شِئْتَ كَفَيْتُكَ مَئُونَتَهَا

3616 صحيح البخاري كِتَاب مَنَاقِبِ الْأَنْصَارِ أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لقي زيد بن عمرو بن نفيل بأسفل بلدح

Hadith on Monotheism: Zaid ibn Amr would reject sacrifices made in the name of other gods

Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, met Zaid ibn Amr ibn Nufail at a place near Baldah during the time before the Messenger of Allah received revelation. The Messenger of Allah presented a dish of meat to Zaid but he refused to eat it and he said to the idolaters, “I do not eat what you slaughter on your stone altars, but I only eat that over which Allah’s name has been mentioned.”

[Sahih Bukhari, Book 67, Number 407]

عَبْدَ اللَّهِ يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَنَّهُ لَقِيَ زَيْدَ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ نُفَيْلٍ بِأَسْفَلِ بَلْدَحٍ وَذَاكَ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُنْزَلَ عَلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ الْوَحْيُ فَقَدَّمَ إِلَيْهِ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ سُفْرَةً فِيهَا لَحْمٌ فَأَبَى أَنْ يَأْكُلَ مِنْهَا ثُمَّ قَالَ إِنِّي لَا آكُلُ مِمَّا تَذْبَحُونَ عَلَى أَنْصَابِكُمْ وَلَا آكُلُ إِلَّا مِمَّا ذُكِرَ اسْمُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ

5180 صحيح البخاري كِتَاب الذَّبَائِحِ وَالصَّيْدِ بَاب مَا ذُبِحَ عَلَى النُّصُبِ وَالْأَصْنَامِ

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

JazakAllahu Khayr. There was also a hadith saying that Zaid ibn Amr (radhiAllah taala anhu) will be resurrected as a one-man nation.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
:salam2:

JazakAllahu Khayr. There was also a hadith saying that Zaid ibn Amr (radhiAllah taala anhu) will be resurrected as a one-man nation.

wa alaikum as salam wa rahmathullah

ameen, wa jazzakallah khairan sis fot sharing this hadiths

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Masha Allah, it makes me feel to express the same way that 'O Allah, bear witness that we are upon the religion of Abraham, Isaac, Yaqub [as] and the most beloved Prophet Muhammad [saw].”

jazak Allahu khair for sharing, I guess there is another part of the story as well, wud appreciate if you cud urself continue it

wassalam