Zhikr of Allah with nasheed and ahadeeth (No instruments)

-SubhanAllah-

Assalamu Alaikum

JazakAllah khair to both of you for watching and commenting. InshaAllah we can all increase our zhikr of Allah (swt) especially these two phrases.

Jibran

Salam

Interesting post brother. Btw do you believe Zhikr of Allah with nasheed could be done with instruments? I'm not sure about this one, however some told me its okay to make nasheeds or music in general, and some said it's not okay

-SubhanAllah-

Assalamu Alaikum Jibran

The issue of musical instruments in Islam is controversial and there are difference of opinions within the scholars. I don't want to go offtopic and turn this thread into a debate/argument so what I'll do is PM you a link where this topic has been discussed in depth where you can read all the for and against evidences. Some say all instruments are haram, some say just the daff (drum) is ok, and some say all instruments are allowed. At the end of the day people follow the scholars that they trust. May Allah guide us all to the truth and on the straight path. Ameen.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Mashallah the nasheed is sung by Talib Al Habib. He looks exactly like my brother in law that I sometimes talk about on the forums and who I look up to and admire a lot. LoL *blush* he's never going to know that either.

Jibran

Assalamu Alaikum Jibran

The issue of musical instruments in Islam is controversial and there are difference of opinions within the scholars. I don't want to go offtopic and turn this thread into a debate/argument so what I'll do is PM you a link where this topic has been discussed in depth where you can read all the for and against evidences. Some say all instruments are haram, some say just the daff (drum) is ok, and some say all instruments are allowed. At the end of the day people follow the scholars that they trust. May Allah guide us all to the truth and on the straight path. Ameen.

Salam

Jazak allah brother i will take a look at it

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams br, could you also send me the link which debates musical instruments . I really feel in my heart that it is wrong but want to see what others think,
w/salams

muharram23

Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum Jibran

Salamu alaykum

There is really not a difference of opinion with the scholars who follow the proper quran and sunnah with the understanding of the sahaba on the issue of music. There are clear hadiths prohibiting the musical instruments. And how come that people always use the excuse "there is diffference of opinion" when it's on the issue of music. OK, if there is a difference of opinion, and some so called scholars (mostly suffi) say that music and nasheeds with music instruments are ok and then there are those alhamdulillah on the sunnah that say it is not ok, having valid proofs, why is it that then a alot of brothers and sisters go for the difference of opinion that music and nasheeds with instruments are ok? Why not stick with the opinion that they are haram and stay away from them? It is because it satisfies their desires. It is something that they want, and also it is something that shaytan loves. If shaytan didnt like it, trust me, you wouldnt like it too. A proof of this is that whenever you try to do something that is khair, shaytaan tries to prevent you from that, makes u sleepy, and lazy do it. However, test urself, when you want to listen to nasheeds, even if they dont have any musical instruments, it is still nicer and more fun to listen than the quran, right? That proofs to you, that shaytann enjoys that and he leaves you with it, therefore making it more fun. Most scholars of the sunnah have said that listening to nasheeds is haram. It is something that the suffis have come up with and constantly do. SubhanAllah, making thikr of Allah with nasheeds. Is this something that resulullah svs came with and is it something the sahaba gave their lives for to spread it?

Stay with listening and reading the quran. Quran is the word of Allah subhanehu wa ta'ala and is better than the words of some suffi singing nasheeds.

The issue of nasheeds has been spoken alot on this website, so try the search enginel

Allah knows best
wasalam

-SubhanAllah-

Assalamu Alaikum

Relax brother muharram23 I follow the opinion that music is haram, my reply was to the brothers comment as to why some have said to him it's ok to use music, the fact of the matter is that there are some past and present scholars who have allowed it, I'm not agreeing with it, just giving him the full picture and making him aware of it, as I myself used to think that these people who use/listen to music didn't know that it was haram or that they knew it was haram but still chose to use/listen to music but then I found out they were following scholars who allowed it. No doubt the majority have said it is haram, this includes not just salafi scholars but even hanafi scholars.

Just to make it clear, in no way am I promoting doing zhikr with music or singing, the purpose of this video was for people to act upon the ahadith found in the video, links and lecture and inshaAllah earn massive hassanat by doing so. By acting upon it I mean doing those zhikr alone, silently and preferably using the right hand to count on.

As for listening/reading the Quran, nothing could be better or replace it, I agree, but as for music free Islamic nasheeds, the majority of the scholars have allowed it. Fatwa by Islamqa.

Allah knows best. May Allah (swt) guide us all to the truth and the straight path, Ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum