10 yr old Ayesha's letter to musharraf

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...93908376&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

ISLAMABAD — Sitting against a small writing table in her home in Pakistan's northern city of Rawalpindi, 10-year old Ayesha Janjua writes a letter to President General Pervez Musharraf. "Dear uncle Musharraf, my father's name is Masood Janjua, who went missing on July 30, 2005, along with his friend Faisal Faraz," she writes.
"His name should be familiar since he is one of your detainees," Ayesha adds, fighting back the tears.
"Dear uncle, put your daughter in my position and think how much it hurts to have her father taken away like that."
Janjua, a 45-year old businessman, is being held without trial over his alleged ties to Al-Qaeda.
He was on his way to Peshawar along with his friend Faraz, whose whereabouts are also not known, when they vanished.
"I have not seen him in one and a half years, even on last three Eids," Ayesha writes.
"Something is missing in my personal and family life. I feel insecure. The base of the family is not there. The base that protects us.
"I feel that my whole world has crumbled. I know he is there and alive and around me. He is in my heart."
Justice
Janjua's wife, Amna, has been running his two computer and information technology colleges in Rawalpindi since his disappearance.
"When I think of my husband, the last thing I remember was the clock tower in my room. It was 9:30 am," she recalls.
"Since then, I have been running from pillar to post for justice," an emotional Amna told IOL.
"I want him to be with us back without delay of a second. I must be informed of his whereabouts and if there are any charges against him he should be produced before the court so that we can hire a lawyer and defend him."
Amna said her father-in-law, a retired colonel who was a colleague of General Musharraf at the Special Services Group of Pakistan Army, has approached the Pakistani leader.
"But nothing favorable has so far happened."
Janjua is one of hundred of Pakistanis who have been missing since 9/11 terrorist attacks on suspicion of having links to Al-Qaeda and the ousted Taliban regime in neighboring Afghanistan.
Intelligence and independent sources estimate the number of missing Pakistanis at nearly 700, most of them are in the custody of Pakistani intelligence agencies while others are languishing at the notorious Guantanamo detention center.
Families of various "detainees" have taken their cases to the courts, which have issued strict orders to the interior ministry to inform the judiciary of their whereabouts.
The ministry and the intelligence have, in some cases, remained reluctant to provide details and, in others, denied outright that the missing people were in their custody.
According to the constitution, civil courts, including the Supreme Court, cannot try any case against armed forces, which are being blamed for holding the missing people.
Phenomenon
Affan Leghari, a 22-year old student of the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Pakistan's most prestigious institute of higher learning, was picked up by security forces in October 2004.
He was taken away from his home in the southern port city of Karachi in the early morning by plain-clothed security officials.
Since then, his family has heard no word about him.
His aging father took his case to the court and approached media organizations to help free his son.
" I still don't know about the charges against my son," Leghari told the Karachi Press Club.
"I just want that if there are any charges against him, he must be produced before the court.
"But I am sure, the agencies have nothing against him, that is why they are not producing him before the judiciary," maintained a visibly infuriated father.
According to analysts, the "disappearance" phenomenon has become a rising trend in Pakistan over the last three years after the courts had released several suspects on the grounds of lack of evidence against them.
Family members and eyewitnesses to many of these disappearances report that the individuals in question were picked up by security officials - sometime in plain clothes – said Khalid Khuwaja, the Chairman of Defense of Human Rights Council, a body which has been providing legal assistance to the families of missing persons.
The council protested the illegal detentions outside the Supreme Court building in Islamabad last month, following that the apex court took suo moto [a legal term meaning that a government agency acts on its own cognizance] notice of the increasing cases of disappearances.
"It is heartening that the supreme court has taken the notice of increasing disappearances, but the problem is that a majority of the missing persons are being held by the army, and the courts cannot summon the army officers directly," lamented Khuwaja.
"It has to go through the interior ministry, which has been dilly-dillaying over the matter."

Necessary
Human rights groups have criticized the practices of detaining suspects without trial or charge, insisting that the war on terror cannot be won by resorting to illegal detentions and torture of suspects.
But Ikram Segal, a former Pakistani intelligence officer and a security and defense analyst, believes that while the rule of law should be respected, there is a new type of war underway which at times may require bending some laws.
"Human rights organizations are correct in their assessment. There are many Pakistanis who may be suspects and there may be enough evidence to bring them to the court," he said.
"But terrorists as you know do not have terrorists written on their foreheads and no terrorist leaves around documentary evidence," he argued.
"It is difficult when you are in the process of a court of law to bring that particular evidence against him."
Human rights groups, Segal said, had a valid point that their human rights were being violated but on the other hand what about the rights of many innocents who would die if these people appeared to be terrorists.
"Whenever there is a war, there is something called collateral damage. You will know that more than 50 percent of those who die are non-combatants.
"It depends on the security agencies and how good they are and efficient to know if the person is guilty as charged," said the former intelligence officer.
"But I am for the rule of law and agree that the rule of law must prevail but when you take into consideration the type of war going on, where a person comes and plants a bomb in a mosque for example and 150 people die what about their rights? No terrorist leaves documents or a trail behind."
Siddiqui took issue with Segal's argument.
"Ok, if I accept for a minute that terrorists do not leave any documentary proof and tangible evidence behind them, then what is wrong with informing their families about their whereabouts?" he asked angrily.
"It is a sheer violation of the Geneva Conventions that suspects are being tortured in Guantanamo Bay and other facilities in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
"If the Pakistani and US governments think they are guilty, they should be taken to courts. This is a very dangerous phenomenon which is hurting their families," he insisted.
"If the victims and their families start to believe that they cannot get justice from the courts or from the governments, then they will choose another path, revenge."

Akilah

May Allah help the innocents, and put his wrath on the oppressors and people of injustice And if not his wrath, then Allah, please give them guidance to reform. Ameen.

talibulislam

musharraf a new saddam

musharraf need to learn a lession from looking at saddam sitting in court,humiliated,same exact role he played for civilized nation & after jobs get done,how civilized nation put u in dust.
your enemy needs u now but in his heart he knows too,that if u can betray your people u cannot b there friend in future.
may allah give them hidaya & save innocent muslims from munafiqeen & mushrikeen ameen

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
Salam

There is not doubt that Musharif is a traiter and his view that we need modernism in ISlam is fitna.This guy want to remover every thing from his country which is Islamic.

Just u have a look on this new ;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6182395.stm

Rememer if some one want to have islamic law they just use word 'Taliban ' which is kinda accusing if some one want to live their life according to Islam.

If poeple of the area want this way of life...then who are others to object?is this so called democracy or respect?

May Allah give us such rulers which have fear of Allah..not any super power country.Ameen