15 th(friday) jan solar eclipse (Not a day to party)

raihana

:salam2:

Sisters and brothers.I just wanted to tell u all that this years solar eclipse will occur on 15 th friday 2010,which is not an awsome news or a happy news.Its a time that we muslims should get humble and turn to him in the state of asking for his forgiveness.I will mention the reasons Insha ALLAH..

* An eclipse is a sign of the majesty and power of Allah.

Narrated Abu Masud: The Prophet said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death of someone from the people but they are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. When you see them, stand up and pray."

* An eclipse can cause people to become frightened. When frightened, Muslims turn to Allah for patience and perseverance.

Narrated Abu Bakr: Allah's Apostle said: "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah and they do not eclipse because of the death of someone, but Allah frightens His devotees with them."

* An eclipse is a reminder of the Day of Judgment.

Narrated Abu Musa: The sun eclipsed and the Prophet got up, being afraid that it might be the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment). He went to the Mosque and offered a prayer with the longest Qiyam, bowing and prostration that I had ever seen him doing. Then he said, "These signs which Allah sends do not occur because of the life or death of somebody, but Allah makes His worshipers afraid by them. So when you see anything thereof, proceed to remember Allah, invoke Him and ask for His forgiveness."

Sadly ,some muslims have turned the moment to fear to the moment of happiness and joy.They manage events just to see the solar eclipses ,they waste their time instead glorifying him.(MAY ALLAH SOFTEN OUR HEARTS AND MAY HE GIVE THE LIGHT OF ISLAM).

(I HEARD A SHEIKH SPEAKING ABOUT THE ECLIPSE ON TV AND HE SAID THAT SCIENTISTS ASSUME THAT THEIR MIGHT BE POWERFUL EARTHQUAKES..and ALLAH knows best)

May ALLAH guide u and me to his deen,and may he strengthen our eeman.

weakslave

:jazaak:

This is a time we must mark on our calendar, and prepare for if it appears in our part of the world.

There is a sunnah eclipse prayer that is often forgotten and left out. Yet it is a prayer with great benefit. Details on this prayer:

Arabic

English

If the Sheikh in your community will not be available to start this prayer, then I advise you to lead the prayer or to find someone who can, and invite everyone to join you.

Khurshid Anwar

Assalam-O-Alaikum!
I am extremely new here and just got registered to become a member of this nice site. Sister Raihana, u wrote in the 1st line that solar eclipse will occur on January 15, 2009, which I think, actually is 15th of Jan, 2010 but written by mistake.

The real matter is the Sun and Moon eclipses, which are heppening frequently now a days, although I haven't seen such a hadith by myself but listened many times from Ullama that our Prophet Mohammed (SAWW) mentioned the increased frequency of eclipses in the last ages ( that's ours) and also said that Muslims should go to Masajid to pray and ask Allah to prevent from eclipse's harms. Today's scientists also proved that during the Solar/ Lunar eclipses, one should not watch these directly, because it's dangerous for him/her as it emmits various types of radiations and rays.

It's our duty, to obey Islam, whatever be the case. We should look the Islamic teachings at the ocassion.

Shukran wa Jazzak'Allah Khair.
Wa'Salaam-o-Alaikum!

raihana

Assalam alaikum.
First of all congratulation brother khurshid Anwar ,I hope you will insha ALLAH get lots of benift from this site,like all the other members here.,and thanks for pointing out.I was in 2009 .lol.

:salam2:

sheik Albany, ra, wrote a very thorough book about eclipse, and what the prophet, PBUH, used to do when it happened. He basically lists the hadeeth, and mentions about it. The hadith are very detailed. Albany, ra, added the authentication value of the hadith.

do you know it happened when the prophet's, PBUH, son ibrahim died, ra, and the people started to say that the eclipse happened when it happened. The prophet, PBUH, made a speech after prayer to tell the people, that it has nothing to do with death of a person. He also mentioned a lot of other things. When you here this hadith, you just realize more the divine nature of the message of the prophet, PBUH. SubhanAllah!

sorry, I have not found an english translation of this work. But it is very good and in Arabic. I attached it to the post. Find someone to explain it to you in the masjid it is worth it.

name of the file has been trauncated, but I had it as:
صفة صلاة النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لصلاة الكسوف-Salate_Nabi.pdf

may Allah protect us and guide us.

:wasalam:

Attachments

• صفة صلاة النبي ص&#.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 25