A Born Muslim

shari

Brother
Dear Brothers and Sisters!

:salam2:

I was going through a post of sister Alyssa a convert

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29949

and thought to share the reality of born Muslims like me.

• I am a born Muslim 25 years old and after reading her post I was ashamed of my self that still I can't read The Holy Quran (in Arabic) fluently.

• It was very hard for me to keep a beard ( still not big enough, but having one is better that not having) I was under intense pressure from my family (who are also born Muslims) against it.

• We do have Mosques here everywhere in Pakistan ( Allah forgive me) I use to hear Azan but never used to offer Salah ( Except Jumah Salah).

• Yes books were available in Urdu but thirst of knowing real Islam was never there.

• Yes my friends were Muslims but like me non-practicing.

This was me a born Muslim living in a Muslim Country.

But then Thanks to Allah Almighty , One of my Uncle (Father's brother) is Scholar of Islam ( Alim-e-Din) and once I was with him and he took hold of me and my life started to change.

Now i do offer Salah , I have Kept beard but still not fluent in reciting The Holy Quran.

I still thanks Allah Almighty a lot for his blessing on me that i am a born Muslim because sometimes I think what if i was born in a Non-Muslim family may be i would have never found truth and had gone to Hell for ever and ever.

Above are the reasons why we Muslims are in such a problems now a day. I fully guarantee if we start to follow full Islam Allah will make us Successful not only in Afterlife but in this life also.

And you all pray for me so that i become a good Muslim like you all and i do Dawa and i offer all Fard and i stay away from all Haram.

Your Brother

Shahzad

shari.. congrats on coming to the right path. Now u have got the key to Jannat. Hold it firmly. Dont wory abt job or marriage or anything else.

Daily learn Quraan from any Qari for just 20 mintues. U will be goood in it then inshALLAH

amjaddamen

brother
اللهم احفظ عبدك هذا وجميع عبادك وباعد بينه وبين خطاياه كما باعدت بين المشرق والمغرب

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
Same thing here Brother Shari, still struggling, trying to grow more beard..

As for quran, i was blessed, am verygood at reading quran with Tajweed, Thanks to Allah, maybe because i loved Arabic-language so much, you learn something better by loving it, If you live in Kuwait i can help you with it, other wise, i advise you to listen to "Abdul Basit" or "Al-Minshawi".

اللهم اجعل القرأن ربيع قلوبنا وجلاء همومنا
واجعلنا من السفرة الكرام البررة.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
true brother
and that beard part im having same problem with my family , Alhamdullilah have grown it but they wont let me grow it more is really not big but now when they say cut it short i put my fist undermy chin and they dont say a word. my parents have tried much ,every one in the family says ,oh u have become mulla etc etc ,,,,and i live in pakistan as well ,muslim family ,things are very hard , my dad often makes such comments i really get so much angry i cant tell ,but anyways INSHAALLAH he will soon have beard im working on him ,when ever he says anythings i turn the tables on him ,hehe ..
buts thats not its ,my keeping beard has been welcomed by many ,and really warmly as well thats always very encouraging

meer suhail

ILM seeker
yup bro ,i dont care about anything ,i do it and i live it ,ALhamdullilah ,i dont really care what ppl have to say ,