A few questions ..

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
AssalamuAlaikum TTI family.
I hope you are all in the best of health and eeman.
Firstly, I would like to apologise for not being in touch with the TTI family and not being a regular visitor.Secondly, Ramadan Kareem to all of you.

I have a few questions.

1) Its been a few months since I am in india. When I was in gulf all my life, I broke the fast with the Maghrib Azaan and commensed it with the Fajr Azaan. In india, around 10-15 mins before the Azan, a siron is rung to break the fast and 20-25 mins before Fajr to commense the fast.
I find this system a little weird. And people here believe that the actual time to break the fast is 10-15 mins before the azaan. Is that true ?

2) Does spitting during the wodhu nullify it ?

3) According to some people here, its okay to brush our teeth using toothpaste during the fast. I don't practice that. And what about miswak ?

4) Is our prayer not accepted if we close our eyes(for the purpose of concentration) while praying ? I close my eyes often to be able to concentrate.

5) I travel for about 1.5 hours daily, therefore I miss my ASR prayer often.
Can we pray while the bus is in motion ?

JazakAllah khayran for your time.
Any extra information will be appreciated =)

a_stranger

[AssalamuAlaikum Ramadan Kareem to you sister.

1) Its been a few months since I am in india. When I was in gulf all my life, I broke the fast with the Maghrib Azaan and commensed it with the Fajr Azaan. In india, around 10-15 mins before the Azan, a siron is rung to break the fast and 20-25 mins before Fajr to commense the fast.
I find this system a little weird. And people here believe that the actual time to break the fast is 10-15 mins before the azaan. Is that true ?

I think it is very wrong to break the fast before azan Magrib, and it is a good idea to to commense the fast before azan Fager a little

2) Does spitting during the wodhu nullify it ?

No , I don`t think so

3) According to some people here, its okay to brush our teeth using toothpaste during the fast. I don't practice that. And what about miswak ?

it is Ok to use miswak

4) Is our prayer not accepted if we close our eyes(for the purpose of concentration) while praying ? I close my eyes often to be able to concentrate.

The prophet:saw2: didn`t tell us to do so , but to pray as he prayed

5) I travel for about 1.5 hours daily, therefore I miss my ASR prayer often.
Can we pray while the bus is in motion ?

I am not sure, i hope some one else answer(may be you should pray aser with diher).

And Allah swt knows best , may Allah accept our Taaat.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I'm in India, and your first question seems really really weird to me too! We start our fast with the Fajr athan, and break it with the Maghrib Athan. Before fajr, there are many sirens, 20 mins before, 10 mins before, 5 mins before and 1 min before the fajr athan, but that's only to pace people to hurry up and finish their suhoor.

sal12

Assalamu alykum,

Regarding the missed salah, the whole earth is halal to pray in except for the toilet or graveyards. I've prayed in a car a few times because i knew I would miss it.

Narrated 'Imran bin Husain (may Allah be pleased with him): I had piles, so I asked the Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) about the prayer. He said, "Pray while standing and if you can't, pray while sitting and if you cannot do even that, then pray lying on your side." (Bukhari)

This hadith doesn't mention anything about praying on transport but basically implies that there is no excuse for not praying, hence praying on the bus will be allowed for fear of missing it by the time you reach home. Hope this helped.

Jazakallahu khair

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
I'm in India, and your first question seems really really weird to me too! We start our fast with the Fajr athan, and break it with the Maghrib Athan. Before fajr, there are many sirens, 20 mins before, 10 mins before, 5 mins before and 1 min before the fajr athan, but that's only to pace people to hurry up and finish their suhoor.

I felt the same way sister. Im just new here.
When i asked people about it, they told me that the imam gives the maghrib azaan lately. And its a very common practice here in hyd.

JazakAllah khayran for ur reply.

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Assalamu alykum,

Regarding the missed salah, the whole earth is halal to pray in except for the toilet or graveyards. I've prayed in a car a few times because i knew I would miss it.

Narrated 'Imran bin Husain (may Allah be pleased with him): I had piles, so I asked the Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) about the prayer. He said, "Pray while standing and if you can't, pray while sitting and if you cannot do even that, then pray lying on your side." (Bukhari)

This hadith doesn't mention anything about praying on transport but basically implies that there is no excuse for not praying, hence praying on the bus will be allowed for fear of missing it by the time you reach home. Hope this helped.

Jazakallahu khair

JazakAllah Khair. This did help.

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
No, it's not true. The fast cannot be broken until the time of Maghrib. Is the Maghrib Adhaan in India 10-15 minutes before sunset?

Also, it's not true to commence the fast 20 minutes before dawn. You commence the fast at dawn.

No.

Using toothpaste is suspicious because it contains nutrients that can seep into the digestive system. Miswak is probably OK.

It is makrooh (discouraged) but it doesn't annul the prayer. The reason it is discouraged is because it can easily lead you to nap a bit which would cause you to mix up your recitation and supplication.

Yes, you can, sitting down or standing up. But you also can combine Zhuhr and Asr before you go out. You have cause.

JazakAllah Khayran Brother for ur reply.
This was very useful.