A major contradiction in the Quran?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This only concerns the Bible at the time of Mohammed.

Quran says Allah sent the “former prophets” and had the Bible written.
… 2:87, 5:44-46, 5:68, 6:83-90, 6:156, 57:25-27

Quran says the Bible prophets taught the same religion as in the Quran.
… 42:13

Quran never warns that "the Scriptures" have been altered.
… There was only one Bible version during Mohammed's time.
… Many Muslim scholars have insisted that there was no alteration.

Quran insists Allah is the God of the Bible.
… 29:46 “and say: … our God and your God is One”

Quran PRAISES the Bible

Quran says it came to confirm the truth of the Bible …
the Bible which was in the possession of the Jews and Christians.
… 2:41, 2:89, 2:91, 2:101, 3:3, 5:48, 6:92, 7:157, 12:111

Quran says to believe in the previous Scriptures (the Bible).
… 2:136, 3:84, 4:136, 29:46, 42:15

Quran says to follow the guidance of the former prophets of the Bible.
… 6:89-90

Quran says if Mohammed is in doubt about something,
he should question those who are reading the Bible.
… 10:94

Quran says when Mohammed needs to prove that Allah can
perform a miracle, he will find the proof in the Bible.
… 20:133

Quran says to appeal to the Bible for verification of certain things.
… 7:157, 20:133, 26:196

Quran says Jews and Christians should follow their own parts of the Bible.
… 5:43, 5:47, 5:68

Quran says it was sent to safeguard (watch over, preserve) the Bible.
… 5:48

But ...

The Quran TEACHES AGAINST major Bible doctrines
-- Original sin
-- Two of the strict Ten Commandments (adultery and murder)
-- God is a God of unconditional love
-- God was born on the earth
-- God has revealed himself as three Persons in one God
-- Messiah Jesus Christ was crucified (and died) on a cross
-- Salvation is by grace through faith (and not by good deeds)
-- God’s blood covenant in the OT and NT is not continued

ShyHijabi

The problem with taking ayas piece meal like that is that the meaning is lost when taken in context. The bible and Torah during Prophet Mohammed's (peace be upon him) was already altered and thus the Qur'an was the corrected version. There were already many versions of both the Torah and the Christian bible and they were distorted by people with their own motivation.

There is no partner assigned to Allah (God) and this the idea of a trinity or even the Creator being "born" is antithethical to monotheism. I challenge you to even find the word "trinity" in the Christian bible, it doesn't exist and definitely is not inferred in the Tanach or Torah.

The "bible" that is praised in the Qur'an was the unaltered version of the Torah and the Injeel, both of which no longer existed during the revelation of the Qur'an.

The Qur'an teaches against adultery and murder....I am not sure why you feel differently and wonder if you have in fact, read the Qur'an or just scanned it. (or worse, looked up these out-of-context verses on some anti-site) The "NT" actually removes the blood convenant and replaces it with the belief in salvation by sacrifice of Jesus. (peace be upon him) Which really makes no sense whatsoever. Furthermore there is abrogation of "OT" law when it comes to the prohibition of eating pork and the requirement of circumcision. So think about it, the contradiction lies in the OT versus the NT, not the Qur'an.

Allah is the greatest being of love there is, even the love of our parents fades to a pathetic glimmer next to Allah's love. There are very clear verses in the Qur'an about the love of Allah towards us. Allah need not limit Himself to human form :astag: nor create arbitrary laws to forgive us of sins. Instead He lays out the rules very clearly and then sent prophet after prophet to continually guide us to the straight path. So instead of a one time "get out of jail free card" (ie. getting saved) we can always seek forgiveness for our sins.

When taken in it's entirety the Old Testament and New Testament is chock full of contradictions and parts that simply make no sense at all. It is as plain as day that it was rewritten to fit people's agendas and whims. Whereas the Qur'an is continuous and clear cut about the nature of the One God and His commands.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh.

Brother, the Quran does NOT praise the Bible. The Bible is a COMPILATION OF BOOKS, many of which were made DECADES after Isa (AS) died. And ONE of these books is known as the first GOSPEL (AKA the Gospel of Jesus A.S.). The Quran praises THAT only, and why? Because that, and ONLY that book was given to Isa (AS), and from what I've heard from ex-Christian Muslims, the GOSPEL of Jesus (AS) (at the beginning of the Bible/New-T) calls towards TAWHEED.

And the BIBLE on the other hand, is a compilation of: The Shattered and Altered Old Testament; the Gospel of Isa (AS); the books of the Apostles; John, Luke, Mark, Mathew, etc.

And out of the ENTIRE BIBLE, ONLY the OLD TESTAMENT and the GOSPEL of Isa (AS) calls the Banu Israeel towards TAWHEED, "Hear oh children of Israel, my god and your god is one." (or however they say it).

dna1987

Muslim Guy
And if you didn't understand anything I said (which doesn't suprise me :(), then I REALLY should listen to brother Yusha Haneef Evans (Hafizhullah). He's an inspiring brother who has an EXTREME amount of knowledge about Christianity:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yusha+evans+2010&aq=1

And also listen to his convert story, and TRUST me, you'll LOVE it. I cried after listening to it, Subhanallah:

[yt]s8b3wNXEyPA[/yt]

I just watched all six parts of the video. JazakAllah khayr for sharing it brother Abdul Hasib, it was very moving!

Assalam alaikum.

Clutch

Quran PRAISES the Bible
Yes it does... The Original unadulterated word of God (Allah) which existed initially in its original form....

The Quran TEACHES AGAINST major Bible doctrines

Yes it does...... Against the adulterated fabricated "version" of the Bible with its fallacies and man-made manipulations. Eg. Which "version" of the Bible is the true one?

Therefore, there is no contradiction in the Quran... just in your understanding of Islam.... Mr. "Asif Hasan" you need to go back to your Islam101 disinformation classes!

:)

Better luck next time... in over 1400years no one has been able to find a single contradiction in the Quran nor has been able to produce even one Surah (paragraph) like it.... maybe all we needed was an internet troll to break that over-1400year-record... ??? lol

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

I would like to puy here only this 3 ayat:

O people of the Scripture! (Jews and Christians): "Why do you disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah, [the Verses about Prophet Muhammad SAW present in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] while you (yourselves) bear witness (to their truth)."
O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): "Why do you mix truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know? (Aal-i-Imraan 3: 70-71)

Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise). (Al Fath 48: 29)

And if we search better there is more and more...
But alhamdulilah, Allah granted for the preservation of the Qur'an.
This is a mercy for mankind, and all the people should say alhamdulilah that we have the light - the Qur'an.
So we can go out from the dark and light our hearts and souls.

Wa salamu alaykum

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Wa Aleykumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarkaathuh brother DNA, how've you been bro? It's been a LONG time since we've seen each other, eh? :)

Barakallahu Feeki for liking the video bro, and also please make dua for brother Yusha, since he's now trying to travel nation/world wide to give/teach dawah to spread Islam. Jazakallahu Kyran :)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to be on TTI for the past year, been real busy (and STILL busy) to try to finish my Hifz in Quran. Inshallah Ta Alla once I've completed that, I was hoping to give talks and lectures online and on TTI, and then after that, plan to go study Fiqh in UK, and then Aqeedah with Sh. Yacub Muhammad (HzH). :)

This Telawat is nice and heart-warming (just make sure that you're mind is relaxed):

[yt]9E70LqGhYNc[/yt]

The "bible" that is praised in the Qur'an was the unaltered version of the Torah and the Injeel, both of which no longer existed during the revelation of the Qur'an.

Let's try and think straight, if that's possible.
So ... slow down, sit down, put your thinking cap on ... and think about ...

What "Scriptures" was Mohammed holding "in his hands"?

If they were "altered" Scriptures, why didn't he seriously warn us about this problem?

Why didn't Allah warn us about "original" Scriptures versus "altered" Scriptures?

Why didn't the Quran make a big deal out of the 2 different Bible versions?

Why were the praising verses all mixed up with the condemning verses?

etc. etc.

Brother, the Quran does NOT praise the Bible. The Bible is a COMPILATION OF BOOKS, many of which were made DECADES after Isa (AS) died. And ONE of these books is known as the first GOSPEL (AKA the Gospel of Jesus A.S.). The Quran praises THAT only, and why? Because that, and ONLY that book was given to Isa (AS), and from what I've heard from ex-Christian Muslims, the GOSPEL of Jesus (AS) (at the beginning of the Bible/New-T) calls towards TAWHEED./QUOTE]

the questions I put to ___________ in a previous post.

There was NO first gospel.
People heard what Jesus said.
People saw Jesus' miracles.
People told other people about these things.
People wrote what they heard and saw.
People wrote down what others heard and saw.
etc. etc.
It was actually super that we have 4 renditions, which were given from 4 points of view.
This gives us a more rounded "view" of what actually happened,
because these 4 actually speak to different communities.
E.G. Matthew was a Jew, writing from a Jewish perspective probably to his fellow Jews.

You've been given a pile of lies about the whole matter.
You'd better start over from square one

And if you didn't understand anything I said (which doesn't suprise me :(), then I REALLY should listen to brother Yusha Haneef Evans (Hafizhullah). He's an inspiring brother who has an EXTREME amount of knowledge about Christianity
Sorry, I've read Evans testimony.
News Flash ... From Evans' own testimony, it's obvious that Evans never was a true Christian.

Therefore, there is no contradiction in the Quran... just in your understanding of Islam.... Mr. "Asif Hasan" you need to go back to your Islam101 disinformation classes! Better luck next time... in over 1400years no one has been able to find a single contradiction in the Quran nor has been able to produce even one Surah (paragraph) like it.... maybe all we needed was an internet troll to break that over-1400year-record... ??? lol

Quit lying to yourself and everyone else. Everyone knows Quran has many contradictions.
All you have to be able to do is READ.

A MAJOR one is this ... Allah says he's the God of the Bible, but he obviously is NOT.
(But this particular one is probably a lie, not a contradiction.)

Now, for all such allegations, which are proven by looking at Scripture verses and Quran verses,
guys like you just say, "Which Bible, where, when, how, why?"

You can always hide behind the false claim
of serious Bible alteration before the time of Mohammed.

arzafar

Brother, the Quran does NOT praise the Bible. The Bible is a COMPILATION OF BOOKS, many of which were made DECADES after Isa (AS) died. And ONE of these books is known as the first GOSPEL (AKA the Gospel of Jesus A.S.). The Quran praises THAT only, and why? Because that, and ONLY that book was given to Isa (AS), and from what I've heard from ex-Christian Muslims, the GOSPEL of Jesus (AS) (at the beginning of the Bible/New-T) calls towards TAWHEED./QUOTE]

the questions I put to ___________ in a previous post.

There was NO first gospel.
People heard what Jesus said.
People saw Jesus' miracles.
People told other people about these things.
People wrote what they heard and saw.
People wrote down what others heard and saw.
etc. etc.
It was actually super that we have 4 renditions, which were given from 4 points of view.
This gives us a more rounded "view" of what actually happened,
because these 4 actually speak to different communities.
E.G. Matthew was a Jew, writing from a Jewish perspective probably to his fellow Jews.

You've been given a pile of lies about the whole matter.
You'd better start over from square one

what's the name of mathew luke or john's father?
when was he born?
when did he die?
what did he do for a living?
personal life, character, behavior?

can you provide any historical records from their time that prove that these characters existed?

ShyHijabi

These trolls are becoming so predictable it's almost boring to engage them anymore in dialog. Everytime they comes asking "questions, concerns, etc.," and it's really just a poorly veiled attempt to prosteletyze their distorted view of the trinity (polytheism). To the original poster, please look up the Nicean council and see how the idea of the trinity was VOTED into existence and never even existed in the NT.

The Nicean council voted on what books to have in their version of the bible and which books were "too controversial." The Christian bible is a compilation critiqued and decided on by a group of men who were desperate to exert control over the masses.

Islam is the belief of One God, not many or pieces of God. We believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jesus and Mohammed. (peace be upon them) You obviously do not believe in that God but rather some creation of a council that was voted in. Hope you're comfortable with that. NOw I shall report you to the mods because your intentions have been made pathetically clear and I grow tired to them. Come back when you actually have real knowledge of the history and background of your religion.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

Can people in Naples really think for themselves?
I wonder.
Naples, please think about what I have written in these posts.

In Naples can people think for themselves... I think for myself and I am not frm Naples... Opppssss, one thing I want to tell you, defender of the Bibble or christianity, Naples is one of the cities that have the biggest number of churches... and is in the first place for crimnality, END EXPLANATION...

The Qur'an is the final Messagge. The God of the Qur'an id the same God of Bible and He Highest, left the preservation of the other scriptures to the people of the book... and you can see easily that they didn't preserve it...

You don't have a chain of narrators that says he leistened from Jesus, peac be upon him, the he told to this then to this... up to nowadays...
I am sorry but the bible has a lot of contradictions and parts that have been taken away... but we believe that there are parts of the truth too...

When Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, was sent as a Prophet, he was sent as the LAST PROPHET FOR ALL MANKIND...
Not like the other messengers that were only for their population.

Now Allah sent the description of the final Prophet and his companions in the Bible... If you delete this parts, it's not my fault... it is yours.

So as the last messagge, Islam clarify some of the mistakes in the Bible, and abrogate some of the rules that were previously and put other rules.

One thing, as you are someone who slows down... the three ayat that I wrote, tell you that the description of the prophet and his companions were in the bibble, BUT IT IS NOT ANYMORE... where did you put it...
give the original scripture and let us see it, but as you said it is not:
Jesus said, but - Mark said John said and the other ones...
Some of the didn't even meet Jesus.

Now think about the truth...

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I agree, these 'trolls' and their motives are so apparant after the first few posts that it really isn't even worth replying.

He's been banned because of his obvious intent to come here not to learn - but to spread doubts, cause confusion and stir up controversy. Not one post has been in attempt to learn or understand or even accept any given answers, but has simply been to patronize those who have replied. This is not acceptable here, nor a responsiblity for any of us to continously use our time to reply to one who isn't even open-minded enough to look at the answers.

I honestly welcome all those who come here sincerely to learn, but this case was not one of them.

Thread Closed

wasalaamu 'alaykum

Status
Not open for further replies.