A masalah

Muawiyah

:salam2:

A muslim brother approached me from school just yesterday and posed a question for me, as i was quite knowledgeable in their eyes.

I could not answer the question, i am not an aalim so my knowledge does preceed no further than it could.

he asked this question

" Is it haraam to be just friends with a girl, even if your intentions are pure? and why?"

I asked him to ask my father as my father is an aalim, but he said he was a bit ashamed to ask one of his friends father such a question.

Please brothers, if any of you have an answer to this with the support of Quranic evidence and support of hadith please reply immedietely so i can get back to the brother.

jazkallah khairan.

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
i found this fatwa, its not exactly the same but really close to what ur friend wants to know

Name of Questioner
Brother

Title
Befriending Persons From the Opposite Sex

Question
Respected scholars, as-salamu `alaykum.

I would like to know if it is haram for a married Muslim man to have female friends who are not co-workers or partners in business. Is friendship with persons from the opposite sex for the sake of mere friendship haram?

Jazakum Allahu Khayran.

Date
21/Apr/2008

Name of Counsellor
Zeinab Al-`Alawani

Topic
Relationship between sexes, Mixing

Answer

Wa `alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brother, thanks for your question, which reflects your care for having a clear view of the teachings of Islam. Allah commands Muslims to refer to the people of knowledge to get themselves well-acquainted with the teachings of Islam, as well as all aspects of life.

As far as the Islamic Shari`ah is concerned, interaction with persons from the opposite sex who are not forbidden in marriage is not haram, as long as the intention is pure and all dealings are in line with the teachings of Islam.

However, close friendship with a person from the opposite sex is haram, as it can lead to a haram act, which no one but Allah knows how, where, or when it can happen. This never means the prohibition of pure friendship for the purpose of cooperating with others on the basis of goodness and piety and in compliance with the teachings of Islam.

Responding to your question, Zeinab Al-`Alawani, instructor in fiqh and Islamic studies at the Graduate School of Islamic and Social Sciences in Ashburn, Virginia, the US, said,

The man-woman relationship is regulated in Islam in a way that secures piety and sincerity of faith. There are certain conditions when it comes to dealing with a person from the opposite sex, such as avoiding khulwa (seclusion of a woman with a non-mahram ), observing the Islamic dress code, speaking properly, restricting the friendship to the frame of work, study, family, etc.

As long as a man and a woman are publicly dealing with each other according to the teachings of Islam, this kind of friendship is pure. However, a married man might feel attracted to a woman other than his wife in a way that urges him to develop a closer relation with her. Such a situation should be avoided, as it can lead to an act that is haram.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1203759187546

mhamzah

:salam2:

O Believers, enter completely into Islam and do not follow in the footsteps of Satan, for he is your avowed enemy. (2:208)

(24:21) O Believers, do not follow in Satan's footsteps, for he will incite to indecency and wickedness any who will follow him. If Allah had not shown His Brace and mercy to you, none of you would have been able to cleanse yourself, for it is Allah alone Who cleanses whom He wills, and Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.

God demands that man should submit, without reservation, the whole of his being to His will. Man's outlook, intellectual pursuits, behaviour, interaction with other people and modes of endeavour should all be completely subordinate to Islam. God does not accept the splitting up of human life into separate compartments, some governed by the teachings of Islam and others exempt.

Having said that it does not mean you cannot speak at all, like mentioned by brother shaheerpak it should be restricted to the frame of work, study, family, etc.

*One has to be very careful though because it does not take long for the intentions to change (this is from my personal observation).

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
only friendship???.....its just an illusion brother!

countless lives have been destroyed based on this.

in the initial stage, yes its just a hi-hello friendship but later on, slowly slowly more talks, then dinner together, then just a little hug, then Allah knows wht!

ask ur friend, will he like that his sister or wife-to-be has some guy friends!

if he says 'yes'..then there's some mental problem and if he says 'no' that there's something fishy!

dont know about ur place, but in india/pakistan, many times there could be some physical attacks on the guy and tensions between those families!

PS: not compeletly my words, but also of Sheikh Assim Hakeem (@ huda tv).

Yousef83

in fact I'm very doubtful whether its Caiz to speak with Muslim girls here or not,when i read Sahaba's living modality between female and their links between them i get more confused