A NEW Feature on TTI!!!!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh dear brothers and sisters. Have you ever had those times when you were typing up one those IMPORTANT posts/messages which took maybe HOURS to type up, only to find your server crashed down, your tab closed, you accidently refreshed/went back (to the previous webpage)?

Well that has happened to me a LOT of times, and now since my Firefox is too slow for me to use (and my important messages can NOT be automatically saved), I feel that it is good if we had a new feature on TTI, which saves/autosaves our posts/messages every minute (or everytime we click on a "Save Draft" or "Save Message" button that appears above the smilies bar).

I was hoping that brother Mabsoot or any of the other brothers/sisters can look into the matter, and see if we could put such a feature into TTI which would be good, convenient, and affordable.

Jazakallahu Kyran Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Wa-alaykum assalam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhuh,

Here's an idea, if your posts are so long maybe you can type them in a word document, save them on your computer and then post them on the site when they're ready?

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

Another point to add - we're powered through vBulletin which I don't think supports this system, it's more of a blogging site feature type thing. I'm not sure though, but for now I don't think it's possible.

Thanks for your suggestion though, will keep it in mind in case we have certain updates!

Wannabemuslim

al salaam I know gmail auto saves the stuff when i type. Couldnt they simply put a system like that here at tti? I assume the people who spent there time making this website are very savy with technoligy. But it dosnt matter that much. Thoug im sure im ive only wasted about 1 hour making a poem or dua or asking an urgent question that didnt post. Besides who ever created this website has done more than anyone could hope for