A Question?A

U.Y.K

Assalamu Alaikum.. I go to a community college, and I haven't pick up a major yet! How would you know If a major is khayr for you? A major that will get you in a career which will help you in the life and hereafter.. I have a cousin and her doughter is deaf(doesn't hear, like a blind person does not see) I'm just telling you in case you dont know what deaf is =).. anyway.. my causin can't teach her much..because of sign language..and her doughter does not know who ALLAH is or anything..not that I know of.. She is 9 or 10 years old..so maybe helping her might be good? Study psycology and american sign language..

Could you also name some majors which women should take a part of?Which would help the ummah.. and maybe dawah..

How is being a lawyer for a muslim women??
Also if this women isn't too good with men..gets attracted too easily maybe..

PS: Don't say: oh sister MasALLAH..etc... just answer the question.. don't mean to be disrespectful or anything..but just don't say masALLAH..you can say it to yourself but don't say it to my face.. thank you =))

Thank you for answering..beforehand..

Salem9022

wa alykoum As-Salaam

My Advise for you is that you should choose a Major which has a Career. Like Computer Science or Pre-Med or Computer Programming or Pre-Law, or Nursing or Engineering etc.

If you choose a Major such as Math or English or History, a Major which is a Subject, then you would have to get your Masters because there aren't that many Jobs for only Majors which are Subjects, except for education If you don't get your Masters. But even for education you would need to go to school for 2 more years

I have a BS degree in Applied Mathematics which I did last May, and its very tough to get a Job, because many Employers only choose Majors which are careers like computer programming, Nursing, engineering etc.

Thats my advice. As-Salaam Alaykoum

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
You could also go for business. Business Administration has a lot of scope these days, whether it be marketing, finance, human resource, operations, etc.

U.Y.K

anymore ideas??

Thank you brothers/sisters for answering (Salem.. and Tabassum) You're sisters right?=)

U.Y.K

There are hundreds of careers where a Muslim woman can be a force for good. Teacher, lawyer, counselor, doctor, nurse, financial adviser, and even politician! A Muslim can and should inject goodness and truth in whatever he or she does and positively affect people around him or her. Choose the major that appeals to you best, that gets you excited, that you strongly feel you can do and then excel in it. Best wishes :)

Thankss sister =)..Is it possible to be a lawyer and not deal with men too much or at all :D

jamilah rumias

Assalam alaikom warahmatul Allah wabarakatu

I nsha Allah your fine,there's lot of major courses but those are for dunya only.But for the here after it's preparable to learn Islamic Studies and learn Qur'an with Tafsir and the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad Sallah Allah Alayhi Wassallam.This is my opinon only and Insha Allah May allah guide you and show you What is better for you. And May Allah increase your knowledge.
ALLAH WAHFIDIK.:tti_sister:

islamisthesolution

There are hundreds of careers where a Muslim woman can be a force for good. Teacher, lawyer, counselor, doctor, nurse, financial adviser, and even politician! A Muslim can and should inject goodness and truth in whatever he or she does and positively affect people around him or her. Choose the major that appeals to you best, that gets you excited, that you strongly feel you can do and then excel in it. Best wishes :)

totally with you brother Ayman
you know sometimes i turn from a teacher to a psychiatrist:lol: espacially when women starts to complain about their problems .

i liked the first sentence as i teach women who dont want learn from a male teacher so in that way i guess i am giving them the opportunity to learn without feeling annoyed of anything

U.Y.K

I nsha Allah your fine,there's lot of major courses but those are for dunya only.But for the here after it's preparable to learn Islamic Studies and learn Qur'an with Tafsir and the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad Sallah Allah Alayhi Wassallam.This is my opinon only and Insha Allah May allah guide you and show you What is better for you. And May Allah increase your knowledge.
ALLAH WAHFIDIK.:tti_sister:

Ameen thanks.

If someone becomes a lawyer to save muslims that are suffering around the world unjustly.. or a teacher teaches in an islamic school..or what ever.. why would it be only for dunya sister =).. and yes It's also important to increase our knowledge, learn quran with tafsir and the sunnah..(I'm not doing anything much about that right now ) but yes you are right..

and of course ALLAH knows best..