A Question

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

Yes and No.

Yes, because fabricated hadiths sometimes contradict the Quran...

But, authentic hadeeth donot contradict with Quran.
Although, it might appear to people who are not well-versed in Knowledge.

When we encounter Hadith which appears to us as contradicting Quran we should not jump the gun and reject the hadith, but refer back to Scholars...

:wasalam:

*Jasmine*

Yes and No.

Yes, because fabricated hadiths sometimes contradict the Quran...

But, authentic hadeeth donot contradict with Quran.
Although, it might appear to people who are not well-versed in Knowledge.

When we encounter Hadith which appears to us as contradicting Quran we should not jump the gun and reject the hadith, but refer back to Scholars...

and how we can differentiate between fabricated and authentic hadith ?

sorry i know i need to learn more thts why i ask .

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Actually there are many categories of hadith...And Fabricated is at the bottom level of authenticity.

There is a complete Science in Islamic studies which deals with authetcity of hadith and chains of narrartion. It is called "Usool Al-Hadith"

Below is a book by Bilal Phillips on the Topic.

talkislam_2051_10151746

"Usool al-Hadeeth : The Methodology of Hadith Evaluation"
By Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips

ISBN: 9960987140
Author: Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips
Publisher: International Islamic Publishing House IIPH (2007)
Pages: 246 Binding: Hardcover

Description from the publisher:

The science of hadeeth terminology and assessment is a particularly difficult field of study. Dr. Bilal Philips has managed in this text to simplify this topic and to make it quite relevant to our times by addressing some of the most challenging questions raised by those who question the validity of hadeeth literature in general.

Although this book was designed as a teaching text for the Bachelors in Islamic Studies (BAIS) programs which Dr. Bilal set up in the UAE and Qatar, it is suitable for the layman as well as for students of Islamic Studies at the high school level. There are only a few works available in English on this very technical subject and this is definitely one which must be read.

Siraj Ahmed Ibrahim, Department Head of Arabic and Islamic Studies, M.E.S., Doha, Qatar.

About the Author: Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips was born in Jamaica, West Indies, and grew up in Canada, where he accepted Islam in 1972. He completed a B.A. from the College of Islamic Disciplines (Usool ad-Deen) at eh Islamic University of Madeenah in 1979 and a M.A. in Islamic Theology in 1985 at the University of Riyadh, College of Education. In 1994 he completed a Ph.D. in Islamic Theology in the department of Islamic Studies at the University of Wales.

From 1994 to 2001, Dr. Bilal founded and directed the Islamic Information Center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (which is now known as Discover Islam) and the Foreign Literature Department of Dar al Fatah Islamic Press in Sharjah, UAE. In the year 2001, Dr. Bilal established the Islamic Online University, the first accredited Islamic university on the Internet (www.islamconlineuniversity.com). He was a professor of Arabic and Islamic Studies at the American University in Dubai and Ajman University as well as the founder and head of the Department of Islamic Studies at Preston University Ajman (www.islamicstudiespu.com). Currently Dr. Philips is the head of the Sharee’ah Committee of the Qatar Guest Center, and the Dean of the Islamic Studies Academy in Doha, Qatar (www.islaamicstudiesacademy.com). More information about him and his activities may be found at his official website www.bilalphilips.com.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

I quote from the above book, about Fabricated hadith...

Mawdoo(Fabricated)
If the defect in the narrator is that he is know to lie on the Prophet :SAWS:,
his hadiths are classified as Mawdoo'. Technically, a mawdoo is not Hadith at all but a lie attributed to the Prophet :SAWS:. It is referref to as hadith figuratively.

Ruling concerning its narration:
It is consensus of opinion of the Scholars that is not permissible to narrate such a "hadith" without pointing out that it is fabricated. This is based on the hadith collected by Muslim
"Whoever Speaks about me what is considered to be a lie is among the kadhdhabeen(Major Liars) "Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab Muqaddimah, Bab: Wujoob ar-Riwayah 'an thiqat.

Methods of recognition:
1. Confession by the fabricator himself. as in case of Abu 'Ismah Nooh in Abi Maryam who confessed that he fabricated hadiths about virtues of each soorah of the Qur'an and attributed them to Ibn 'Abbas. radia Allahu Anhu.

2. Indirect confession. as in the case of one who narrates from a teacher and when asked about his own date of borth mentions a date after the death of his teacher.
If hadith is only related by him it is automatically classified as being mawdoo'.been
3. Circumstantial factors about narrartor as in case where the narrator is Shi'ite and the hadith he is reporting is about the virtues of Prophets descendants.

4. Circumstantial factors in hadith as in case where the words is grammatically weak or its text contradicts the basic sense or the obvious meaning of the Quran... <-- This brought us to the original question you posted...isn't it :)

*Jasmine*

I quote from the above book, about Fabricated hadith...

Mawdoo(Fabricated)
If the defect in the narrator is that he is know to lie on the Prophet :SAWS:,
his hadiths are classified as Mawdoo'. Technically, a mawdoo is not Hadith at all but a lie attributed to the Prophet :SAWS:. It is referref to as hadith figuratively.

Ruling concerning its narration:
It is consensus of opinion of the Scholars that is not permissible to narrate such a "hadith" without pointing out that it is fabricated. This is based on the hadith collected by Muslim
"Whoever Speaks about me what is considered to be a lie is among the kadhdhabeen(Major Liars) "Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab Muqaddimah, Bab: Wujoob ar-Riwayah 'an thiqat.

Methods of recognition:
1. Confession by the fabricator himself. as in case of Abu 'Ismah Nooh in Abi Maryam who confessed that he fabricated hadiths about virtues of each soorah of the Qur'an and attributed them to Ibn 'Abbas. radia Allahu Anhu.

2. Indirect confession. as in the case of one who narrates from a teacher and when asked about his own date of borth mentions a date after the death of his teacher.
If hadith is only related by him it is automatically classified as being mawdoo'.been
3. Circumstantial factors about narrartor as in case where the narrator is Shi'ite and the hadith he is reporting is about the virtues of Prophets descendants.

4. Circumstantial factors in hadith as in case where the words is grammatically weak or its text contradicts the basic sense or the obvious meaning of the Quran... <-- This brought us to the original question you posted...isn't it :)

jazakAllahu akhi . who dare lie on the prophet saw . and after all i guess its my fault that i dont read much and i guess i should always search before believing that this is the truth .
i hate the fact that i am not memorizing hadith which makes me just believe anything i read .
really what you wrote is really beneficial

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Please see the below link which has videos of explamation of the book

"The Reality of Sufim" By Shyakh Rabee Bin Hadee Al Madkhali.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50006

islamicbookstore-com_2050_47847614

ISBN: 1898649146
Author: Muhammad ibn-Rabee ibn-Haadee al-Madkhalee
Publisher: Al Hidaayah Publishers & Distributors (UK) Publishing
Pages: 44 Binding: Paperback

Description from the publisher:

“You must be aware that there are a number of destructive calls which have been established amongst the ranks of the Muslims and which have shaken and damaged the belief held in there hearts. They have polluted the pure Islamic ‘aqeedah, and have grown by stages to reach such a dangerous level that they led to the splitting of the Muslims into sects and the parties, about which the Prophet (P.B.U.H) said: Indeed those who were before you, from the people of the book, split into seventy-two sects, and this religion will split seventy-three. Seventy-two in the fire and one in the paradise and it is the Jammaa’ah. Then there is no doubt that each one of these sects claims for itself that it is the saved sect, and that it is correct, and that’s alone follow the Messenger. But the way of truth is a single way and it is the one which leads to salvation, and any other way is one of the ways of miss guidance which leads to destruction…

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

i have anotherquestion who are wahabis ?

"Wahhabi" is derogatory name given by the Western colonialists(British) to the Muslims who were returning to the Pristine form of Islaam based on Quran and Sunnah.

Because in Saudi Arabia(it want not called Saudi Arabia back then) there arose a reformer Scholar named Muhammad Bin Abdul Wahhab Rahimhullah...who called the Muslims to return back to Quran and Sunah...

The term "Wahhabi" became popularised during the colonial era by the British.

W.W. Hunter in his book The Indian Musalmans noted that during the Indian Mutiny of 1857 CE the British feared uprising

from the "Wahhabi" Muslims who were revolting against the British. Hunter stated in his book that: "There is no fear to the British in India except from the Wahhabis, for they are causing disturbances against them, and agitating the people under the name of jihaad to throw away the yoke of disobedience to the British and their authority." During this time in Bengal, many Muslims, including the old, young and women, were all categorised "Wahhabis" and "revolters" against the British empire and were hanged from 1863-1865. Those who were imprisoned in the Andaman Islands and tortured were scholars of the Salafi-Ahl ul-Hadeeth community including Shaykh Ja'far Thanesary, ShaykhYahyaa, Alee (1828-1868 CE), Shaykh Ahmad, Abdullaah (1808-1881 CE), Shaykh Nadheer Husayn ad-Dehlawee.

Jalal Abualrub has compiled some superb research in this area based on studies conducted by other academics that are found within the Arabic language.

Abualrub's book on Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhaab noted that the British began using the in India. He notes the research of Dr. Nasir Tuwaim said:

Earlier Orientalists used the terms, Wahhabiyyah, Wahhabi, Wahhabis in their articles and books to refer to the movement and followers of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab. Some of them went to the extent of inserting this term into the titles of their books such as Burckhardt, Brydges and Cooper or in their articles such as Wilfrid Blunt Margoliouth Samuel Zwemer, Thomas Patrick Hughes Samalley and George Rentz. They did this even though some of them admitted that the enemies of the Da'wah used this term to describe it and that followers of Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab do not refer to themselves by this term.

(Source:salfimanhaj.com)
Here is his biography --> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3648

To get detailed information...Please refer the below article..

daywalker

another question sorry i ask alot but did they*muslims* used to pray wearing shoes ?
They prayed with shoe where there was need, and its allow to pray with shoe, but it must be clean and no impure things may attach with shoe. but it doesnt mean, we should enter now in the mosque with shoe if our shoe is clear. cause before saying shoe is clean, people may throw a hammer to throw people out :SMILY346: