A recent revert

Mikaeel

Assalamu alaikum,

I am a recent revert to Islam and pleased to find another resource where I am able to learn from my brothers and sisters in deen, insha' Allah. I admire the vision of the site admin in providing a site to properly portray Islam in a positive manner. I look forward to "meeting" all of you.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Salam

:salam2: Brother,

Welcome to Turn to Islam:) Inshallah, you'll enjoy and greatly benefit from your time here.

wasalam

visionusman

being content
Welcome to the site brother. MashAllah. Allah SWT guides those whom He wills. If you do not consider it an intrusion would you like to share a bit more about yourself? Like how you came to Islam? SubhanAllah!

shaz_1999

welcome 2da site bro it mkes me so happy knowing u hav turnd a muslim.

If u dont mind me askin wat wz it dat made u turn a muslim wats da story behind it. I just lov reading dem it makes me so happy.

Take care bro

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Masha-Allah brother Mikaeel may Allah make your path easy for you.....ameen

Welcome to tti :)

wasalam

Amirah84

Welcome brother

Assalama aleikum brother Mikaeel,

welcome to the site. I'm new to the site aswell, I agree with u... it's a very nice forum and a very positively encouraging and supportive one too.

Allah truly blessed you and all of us when He azza wa jal guided us to Islam

Your sister in faith

wa aleikuma salam

Mikaeel

If you do not consider it an intrusion would you like to share a bit more about yourself? Like how you came to Islam?
Being asked about my belief in Allah is not an intrusion, rather it is an opportunity. Alhumdulillah.

I was raised in a Christian home. Both of my parents were active in the church and as a child I was also active. As a teen, thinking I knew all there was to know, I took the chance to stay in bed on the Sabbath and became very inactive, for many years. Decades later, my son and I attended a service one evening and I was overwhelmed with being in Allah's presence. As a result, I re-joined that church and became an active member, serving on church committees and leading Bible study classes.

After a few years, I could feel that I was being called into ministry, so I accepted that challenge and was appointed as a pastor of a small church. One of my favorite "techniques" was to always be sure I asked leading questions during my Sunday services. I wanted my congregation to ask themselves these questions throughout the week, rather than trying to remember what I had been speaking about.

After four years, I suddenly realized I was asking my congregation the same questions I was trying to understand myself. I was even questioning the leadership of that denomination, because it seemed that they were equally adept at breaking rules as they were at making them. At the end of five years, I felt it best that I step down and sort out exactly where I was with respect to my own faith.

I began examining the differences between the Eastern and Western Christian churches and that led me to deeper comparative studies of the various, accepted versions of the Bible. Unfortunately, this wasn't providing the answers I wanted to find, but only led to more questions. Seeing the discrepancies of the New Testament was certainly not comforting to me. The only anchor I had in this stormy sea of confusion were the words, "I am the Lord thy God" and "Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

My prayers were nearly prayers of desperation, as I prayed to be shown the straight way. All I want is to be able to worship my Divine Creator in a right and just manner. And I suddenly realized that the faith system that I had trusted for all my life was one that had been bent and perverted, by the innovation of man, into something it was not originally meant to be.

I found I was no longer able to accept man's interpretation of who Jesus (pbuh) actually is, so it was plain that Christianity was no longer right for me. Neither was Judaism, because I had come to know Jesus as much, much more than a mere teacher.

Suddenly, I realized that I often questioned the lack of active participation among Christians when speaking to my former congregation. I would always remind them that as Christians became more and more apathetic with respect to their faith, Islam was growing by leaps and bounds. Yet I had no idea of what Islam truly was, other than what the 21st century media wants us to believe. So I set aside the preconceived notions I had about Islam, opened my heart, my mind and an English translation of the Qur'an.

And now, the only question I have is this - How could it have possibly taken me so long to discover Islam? At 52 years of age, I suppose I am living proof that all things happen only as and when Allah wills them to happen. I only wish I had known this kind of peace in my heart before this time of my life.

Now my prayer is that others will be strong enough to look beyond what is portrayed by a deceptive media, so they will also be able to praise and glorify Allah with their own lives. Ameen.

It may have taken me over 50 years to say Shahadah, but I am thankful that it took no longer. Alhumdulillah!

Allahu Akbar!

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Welcome again and again Brother Mikaeel,

I think it is great to have someone who reached the rank that you reached to be part of the TTI forum. We are looking forward to your contributions, especially for your replies to the''still Christians'' or ''undecided''. May Allah make you steadfast on the road to Paradise.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum Brother,

Welcome here. I just wanted ask what did you tell your students who were studying Christianity? Did you announce to them that you accepted Islam and they should also? If so, then what was their reaction?

Wassalaam.

visionusman

being content
Being asked about my belief in Allah is not an intrusion, rather it is an opportunity. Alhumdulillah.

I was raised in a Christian home. Both of my parents were active in the church and as a child I was also active. As a teen, thinking I knew all there was to know, I took the chance to stay in bed on the Sabbath and became very inactive, for many years. Decades later, my son and I attended a service one evening and I was overwhelmed with being in Allah's presence. As a result, I re-joined that church and became an active member, serving on church committees and leading Bible study classes.

After a few years, I could feel that I was being called into ministry, so I accepted that challenge and was appointed as a pastor of a small church. One of my favorite "techniques" was to always be sure I asked leading questions during my Sunday services. I wanted my congregation to ask themselves these questions throughout the week, rather than trying to remember what I had been speaking about.

After four years, I suddenly realized I was asking my congregation the same questions I was trying to understand myself. I was even questioning the leadership of that denomination, because it seemed that they were equally adept at breaking rules as they were at making them. At the end of five years, I felt it best that I step down and sort out exactly where I was with respect to my own faith.

I began examining the differences between the Eastern and Western Christian churches and that led me to deeper comparative studies of the various, accepted versions of the Bible. Unfortunately, this wasn't providing the answers I wanted to find, but only led to more questions. Seeing the discrepancies of the New Testament was certainly not comforting to me. The only anchor I had in this stormy sea of confusion were the words, "I am the Lord thy God" and "Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

My prayers were nearly prayers of desperation, as I prayed to be shown the straight way. All I want is to be able to worship my Divine Creator in a right and just manner. And I suddenly realized that the faith system that I had trusted for all my life was one that had been bent and perverted, by the innovation of man, into something it was not originally meant to be.

I found I was no longer able to accept man's interpretation of who Jesus (pbuh) actually is, so it was plain that Christianity was no longer right for me. Neither was Judaism, because I had come to know Jesus as much, much more than a mere teacher.

Suddenly, I realized that I often questioned the lack of active participation among Christians when speaking to my former congregation. I would always remind them that as Christians became more and more apathetic with respect to their faith, Islam was growing by leaps and bounds. Yet I had no idea of what Islam truly was, other than what the 21st century media wants us to believe. So I set aside the preconceived notions I had about Islam, opened my heart, my mind and an English translation of the Qur'an.

And now, the only question I have is this - How could it have possibly taken me so long to discover Islam? At 52 years of age, I suppose I am living proof that all things happen only as and when Allah wills them to happen. I only wish I had known this kind of peace in my heart before this time of my life.

Now my prayer is that others will be strong enough to look beyond what is portrayed by a deceptive media, so they will also be able to praise and glorify Allah with their own lives. Ameen.

It may have taken me over 50 years to say Shahadah, but I am thankful that it took no longer. Alhumdulillah!

Allahu Akbar!
Assalamualaikum. Your story is truly inspiring. I have started some dawaah work here in Wales. Unfortuantely it has been almost non existent in this part of the UK. I therefore want to ask you to kindly consider an invitation by this humble brother of yours to visit me in Wales whenever it is feasible for you. I have sent a private message to you giving out my personal contact details. Please do let me know if you ever decide to visit the UK. JazakAllah.
PS: my grandfather was a very renouned scholar of salaf and hadith. My father is also very well known and has written a few books. He is presently writing a very major work on on the tafseer of the six most authentic books on hadith; for Darus Salam. I'm sure we will greatly benefit from your help.

Amirah84

Assalama aleikum brother Mikael,

MashaAllah. Your life is an amazing exampel of how Allah guides whomsoever He Wills. It also gives me great hope and courage to talk about Islaam with people I meet and it serves as a reminder that we can only tell people about the truth but it is Allah subhana wa ta'ala that Guides.

May Allah keep you steadfast upon the truth, and yes Allah guided you to Islaam and wiped away all your sins at 50. But it was written for you when you were in the womb of your mother... and all your life you were moving towards it. Isn't that amazing?

Take care,
:wasalam:

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
salam

i just wanted to say mubarak(congrats)on your converting to islam. i hope u learn alot from the site.may allah reward u-ameen:tti_sister:and by the way amirah it was beautifully said. i love ur name by the way...its my daughters name...lol

Mikaeel

I therefore want to ask you to kindly consider an invitation by this humble brother of yours to visit me in Wales whenever it is feasible for you. I have sent a private message to you giving out my personal contact details. Please do let me know if you ever decide to visit the UK.
Walaikum assalam.

Brother, I will keep your generous invitation in mind. I've been across to Scotland three times in the last few months, so a trip across is not so unusual for me. Perhaps, in sha' Allah, we will meet some day.

I'm sure we will greatly benefit from your help.
I am uncertain as to how I would be of any help to you, but I am willing to try, in sha' Allah.

visionusman

being content
Walaikum assalam.

Brother, I will keep your generous invitation in mind. I've been across to Scotland three times in the last few months, so a trip across is not so unusual for me. Perhaps, in sha' Allah, we will meet some day.

I am uncertain as to how I would be of any help to you, but I am willing to try, in sha' Allah.
I just want you to come over and talk at a few christain muslim dialogue meetings maybe. No rush. Whenever you're here. JazakAllah. Also I'll have an opportunity of playing host, inshAllah.