A seeker of forgiveness

habib001

Salam alaikum.

My name for this forum is Habib. I am 35 years old and i have a confession to make. As a child i was taught to read Quran pray 5 times and fast. Thats all. I learnt the rest of Islam through reading and listening to those who have the knowledge.

Right now i am suffering in pain and constantly fearful. I am in fear of hellfire and the punishemnt of the grave. For i have been a sinner and been sinful through out my life.

Even though i championed the cause of islam in my youth, by the age of 20 i had drifted away from doing my duties to Allah. I stopped praying, eventually stopped fasting. Even though i have done Hajj. I ate and drank haram, engaged in Haram behaviour. I worked in the Riba based system. I had been dishounourable to my parents, unfair and unjust to people.

3 months ago i woke up with this fear of death in my heart and mind. I couldnt sleep, eat, or do anything. I was constantly afraid. I had been suffering from depression for over a year by then. I am on medication. Now i live in constant terror.

I pray now, even manage to get up and read fajr at the right time, i will fast this year and pay my zakat. I will go on hajj again. Every day i pray to Allah for forgiveness, for turning my back on my obligations to Allah Almighty.

I spent my youth Praying and fasting, calling others to Islam, yet i fell so badly and failed so much in my dutuies. I wonder how this happened. I didnt notice it happen, it just did.

I pray that Allah will forgive me. That i never make these mistakes again.
How do i make up for the salah that i have missed? The fasts that i have missed? The Zakat i haven't paid? I hope to learn the answers to these questions. For i fear Allah may not forgive.

I am so sorry.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

Being born to Muslim parenthood and hence having a Muslim identity is not at all an essential condition for being called a Muslim (Believer).

But now I think,Allahu Aalim,that you have born as a Muslim. Guard your every action physical or else as per commandments of Allah (SWT) and way of Muhammad (SAW). Your repentance if is from depth of heart InshaAllah you would be blessed.

I want to give you an example How merciful is our Lord. In 1992 a Mosque was rendered Shaheed by fanatic Hindus in India. One guy a pioneer in demolishing the Mosque,was guided to Islam by Allah (SWT). As a Muslim you can perceive how big was the sin committed by the guy but even though Allah (SWT) guided him to Islam.

My Du'aa's with you. May Allah (SWT) shower HIS blessings upon you and accept your repentance.

Regards.

Karima80

:salam2: brother,
Welcome to the site, I hope you will find it helpful and make you stronger in your iman.

auroran

:salam2:

I hope that your sins are forgiven akhi. May Allaah azza wa jal forgive your sins. Ameen.

I don't know about Zakat but you have to pray the prayers you've missed and fast the fasts you've missed.

:salam2:

dian

Assalamualaikum brother,
Actually I have the same problem with you. I did many bad things in my life and now I regret it very much.
All of us are sinners but Allah is very merciful. Wake up at night and perform qiyamul lail because Allah forgives someone that wake up at night and ask forgiveness. May Allah Ta'ala forgives your sins (and my sins too)
Wassalam.
Soory for bad English.