a story that must be read

rayhanaljanna

Scene took place on a BA (British Airways) flight between Johannesburg and London. A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a black man. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess. "Madam, what is the matter," the hostess asked "You obviously do not see it then?" she responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat." "Be calm please," the hostess replied. "Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another place is available." The Hostess went away and then came back a few minutes later. "Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in the economy class. I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there is also no seat in the business class. All the same, we still have one place in the first class." Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued: " It is not usual for our company to permit someone from the economy class to sit in the first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting." She turned to the black guy, and said, "Therefore, Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in first class." At that moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded.

This is a true story narrated from a friend in England.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

All thanks be to Allah, for He granted us, the Muslims, a great religion that respects mankind regardless what race one is belong to. As narrated from our Great Teacher in the History of mankind, the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)*, that "There's no notion of Arab over non-Arab and black (man) over white (man) except by taqwa (piousness). You all are descendants from Adam, and Adam is (made) from earth." As we all are children of Adam (pbuh), we shall all return to this humble earth when we die. So, what is the use of having arrogance inside us since we are originally made from the soil we are used to walk on down the street?

However, it is so sad to witness that there are Muslims who have turned to such ignorant habit by arrogantly saying "I am Saudi/Kuwaiti!" and humiliatingly addressing "You are just Pakistani/Filipino!". It is not about Saudi or Kuwaiti or Pakistani or American or Dutch as much as it is about ("Where is the spirit of Islamic teachings inside us?). It is a fact that each individual has ego, but twisting it against people of different races is a big problem!

This is a call to be aware from arrogance because it is not accepted in Islam, for the Prophet (pbuh) said "He who shall not enter Heaven, is who has in his heart an atom weight of arrogance".

"لا يدخل الجنة من كان في قلبه مثقال ذرة من كبر"

Why can't high self-important person enter Heaven? Because arrogance is a bad deed that leads to other bad deeds. As for Satan, arrogance is his main flaw that has made him cursed by the Almighty Allah. Satan's haughtiness against Adam has had him dare not to prostrate to the later although Allah has given this order as a bestowal of honors upon Adam (mankind). Allah, the Exalted, says in Qur'an: "(Allah) said: "What prevented thee from prostrating when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay". "(Allah) said: "Get thee down from it: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)." 7:12-13

Satan's arrogance has led him not to obey Allah. (And nothing worse than standing against God's orders!)

It is obvious that Satan is the first one who set racial differentiation by considering fire is better than clay. So, the same goes with whom says that white is better than black. Man with reason and goodness refuses to be arrogant like Satan or disgusting like that woman on the plane. Islam is the only religion that has called for equality between people. How dare he -the Muslim- to be proud of being Muslim while he is racial with his Muslim brothers? Muslims who still treat each other in accordance to their colors or nationalities should be ashamed from themselves. It is bad to look upon people from above and differentiate them on racial grounds. Besides, it will only brings out anxiety and detestation in which it creates barriers between people and kills communication and understanding. In order to avoid such results, Islam has set equality and brotherly treating among Muslims by respecting each other and avoiding all kinds of insult.

In reference to the mentioned story: if the host and captain are non-Muslims who have sense of justice against rude people, then it is worthier for a Muslim to be better than them. As Muslims, we are supposed to pay more attention to the teachings of Islam especially that our Islamic communities have been accused due to the terrorist attacks, which we all know. If we do not represent our religion in a good way, we will be unjust to ourselves and to our religion as well. We are brothers and sisters and we should remind each other of what is better to do and what is better to leave

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Sister Please post stories in the "articles" section, this part is only for introducing your self.

Jazakallahu khayran

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalam

That was a good story :)

:jazaak:

wasalam

PS im sure mods will move it, no problem.

rayhanaljanna

assalamou alaykom

thank you brother, i have just receive a message about this
dont care i will fix it
baraka allah feek

so happy that the story pleased you dear
i dont know if it will be moved but sister zarah said that there is no need to send it again i hope all the members can read it...