Mirajmom
Salaam,

I had to reread this...I am fasting so I will not comment:

Afghanistan frees al-Qaida suspect's young son

Afghanistan frees 12-year-old son of al-Qaida suspect after 2 months in custody

RAHIM FAIEZ
AP News

Sep 15, 2008 08:58 EST

An al-Qaida suspect's 12-year-old son, who was taken into custody with his mother and held for two months, was handed over to Pakistan on Monday to be returned to relatives there.

The boy's mother, Aafia Siddiqui, was detained outside the governor's house in Afghanistan's Ghazni province in July on suspicion of links to al-Qaida and taken to the U.S. military base there. The Pakistani-American citizen was then flown to New York to face charges of assault on U.S. personnel in Ghazni.

The U.S. indictment alleges that during Siddiqui's interrogation in Ghazni, she picked up a soldier's rifle, announced her "desire to kill Americans" and fired at U.S. soldiers and FBI agents. She was wounded by return fire.

Her son Ali Hassan, also a dual American-Pakistani national, was with his mother at the time of her arrest and has been in Afghan custody ever since.

A spokesman for Afghanistan's Foreign Ministry, Sultan Ahmed Baheen, said the boy has spent the last 10 days in a "guest house" of Afghanistan's intelligence service. Before that, the ministry said he was in the custody of the prosecutor who deals with minors.

Ali Hassan was expected to arrive in Pakistan later Monday and be handed over to his mother's relatives.

Siddiqui, 36, came to the United States in 1990 and studied at the University of Houston and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where she got a bachelor's degree in biology in 1995. She later studied neuroscience as a graduate student at Brandeis University.

She vanished in Pakistan in 2003.

In 2004, then-Attorney General John Ashcroft and FBI Director Robert Mueller III identified Siddiqui as one of seven people the FBI wanted to question about suspected ties to al-Qaida. Her family has vehemently denied any link.

Her lawyers claim that before she was arrested and brought to New York, Siddiqui was kidnapped by U.S. operatives and kept in secret captivity in Pakistan. The ordeal, they said, left her with severe physical and mental problems.

U.S. officials deny she was ever in their captivity before she surfaced in Afghanistan in July.

Last week, a warden at a federal prison in Brooklyn notified a judge that Siddiqui is suffering from major depression.

The Afghan Foreign Ministry spokesman Baheen said Ali Hassan was adopted by Siddiqui after his biological parents were killed in a massive earthquake that struck Kashmir in 2005.

But Pakistan's Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammed Sadiq contradicted Baheen's statement, saying the DNA tests done by U.S. authorities showed that the boy was Siddiqui's biological son.

Source: AP News

http://wiredispatch.com/news/?id=349323

irish_muslim_08

Asalamualeykum,

This is wonderful news, masha Allah, I pray Inshalllah that Sister Aafia comes home soon too. Thank you for the update sister.

Wasalam

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Thanks Aapa for the update. This is a good news indeed after so many bad news.

One thing which is very hurting is that there is no news about her other 2 children. This line is very very painful:
Pakistani officials in Afghanistan expressed ignorance about Dr Aafia's other two siblings. Another of her three children has reportedly died.

Have they killed her little babies?

I can't believe it could be true. I bet these sick evildoers are holding these little children somewhere in their controlled Afghanistan.

Let us pray that her other 2 children also come home safely. :inshallah: :inshallah: :inshallah:

:wasalam:

Almaas

Salaam,

Alhumdolilah, this is great news. JezakAllah Khair for sharing.

InshAllah the other children will be home soon, if they have been killed, atleast they'd be in Jannah, which has more to offer than this world.

Wsalaam

Khalil2u

Salaam,
Allahu Akbar!!!!!!!! How can they justify holding children. That is beautiful news. Inshallah they will all come home. :tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Dr Afia's Son Having Nightmares, is Mentally Unfit: Fouzia

Salaam,

FYI:

20/09/2008

ISLAMABAD- Muhammad Ahmed, son of detained Dr Afia Siddiqui who has recently been reunited with Afia’s family, is mentally unfit and even unable to remember his name, said Dr Fouzia Siddiqui, the sister of detained Dr Afia.

Addressing a Press conference here on Friday, Dr Fouzia Siddiqui appreciated the incumbent government, masses and media efforts in repatriating her nephew back to Pakistan.

She also demanded of the government to make arrangement for the repatriation of Dr Afia’s two other children, a five-year-old Sulman and 9-year-old Maryam.

She maintained that her sister Dr Afia Siddiqui is not a terrorist but a victim of terror.

In reply to a question she said “Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior Rehman Malik and Secretary Interior Syed Kamal Shah have reassured her of their sincerest efforts both in locating and bringing Afia’s two other children back to Pakistan.

Dr Fouzia Siddiqui maintained that Rehman Malik and Secretary Interior Syed Kamal Shah are utlising each and every possible resources on Aafia’s repatriation adding that both have met with Muhammad Dr Aafia’s son Muhammad Ahmed son and agreed that the kid needs full medical check up, psychiatric evaluation as well mental rehabilitation to fully recover from the ordeal he went through.

She further said that her nephew Muhammad Ahmed had lost his memories and having nightmares. In response to another question, Dr Fouzia Siddiqui said that her family members do not expect any sympathy from USA adding that US law enforcement agencies officials are kept torturing innocent Afia.

Dr Fouzia Siddiqui thanked the nation for rendering their cooperation and termed her nephew Muhammad Ahmed’s repatriation a victory to Pakistan. She appealed the masses to continue their support and cooperation until the repatriation of her detained sister Dr Afia Siddiqui.

SOURCE: The Nation.com.pk

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=26231

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Mashallah. May the three of her children be among the Shuhadah. I'm not upset about it, becasue it's happy news, and if Affia dies too, then she can rejoice with them in Jannah, and then maybe thje rest of her family, Inshallah.

"Do not think of those that are killed in the path of Allah Ta Alla as being dead. Nay, Verily, they are alive, rejoicing in the bounty of their Lord."

"They Rejoice for their brothers who have not yet joined them, but are waiting to take Shuhadah, which upon they shall not fear, nor greive."

Surah: Ali Imran (3) Ayat: 169-175

Full Story about the Shuhadah: Ali Imran Ayat 166-175

[yt]XN4b70BouA[/yt]

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Mashallah. May the three of her children be among the Shuhadah. I'm not upset about it, becasue it's happy news, and if Affia dies too, then she can rejoice with them in Jannah, and then maybe thje rest of her family, Inshallah.

As-salaamu `alaykum.

I hope the phrase "inshaa' Allaah" was connected to the statement of yours I highlighted. If it wasn't, then it is not from the way of ahl us-Sunnah to consider anyone of the Muslims to be from the people of the fire or paradise, the same is of course, in claiming that someone is a martyr. I remember when Benazir died, people were saying she was a shaheedah?! Anyway, the Imaam of the Hanafees, Abu Ja`far At-Tahaawee (rahimahullaah) said in his `Aqeedah,

"This is a mention of an explanation of the creed of Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa`ah upon the way of the the jurists: Aboo Haneefah an-Nu`maan Ibn Thaabit Al-Koofee, Aboo Yoosuf Ya`qoob Ibn Ibraaheem Al-Ansaaree and Aboo `Abdillaah Muhammad Ibn Al-Hasan Ash-Shaybaanee, may Allah be pleased with them all. And what they held as their creed from the fudamentals of the Religion, and what they held as Religion in obedience to the Lord of all the worlds...

152. And we hold praying the Prayer behind every righteous or sinful person from the people of the Qiblah, and upon whoever dies from them.
153. And we do not declare about anyone from them (the people of the Qiblah i.e. the Muslims) that he is going to be in Paradise or that he is foing to be in the Fire."

In Tabaqaat ul-Hanaabilah, Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (rahimahullaah) said,

"The description of the Believer from Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa`ah is...

7. That he does not place anyone from the Ummah of Muhammad (sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) in Paradise or Hell-Fire on account of a good that he earned or a sin that he earned until and unless Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, He is the one who places His creation wherever He wills (i.e. Paradise or Hell-Fire)"

In Sharh `Aqeedah at-Tahaawiyyah, `Alee Ibn Abil-`Izz Al-Hanafee, who is from the students and companions of Al-Haafidh Ibn Katheer (rahimahumallaah), said,

"Nevertheless, it is not possible to say with certainty about any individual, save for him about whom the Prophet (sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam) bore witness, that he is of Paradise..."

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear Brothers and Sister,

The intent of my postings are simply to keep us informed such that we can make dua and if our heart stirs us to take action. In no form or means am I attempting to start any debate on issues that are beyond information passing.

Let us keep very straightforward..this young woman is need of us...let us put aside emotion. Leave the theological for the scholars.

Let us not imitate those who have held her captive. Let us not judge but be active in our faith.

I thank you for reading my response.