Abdur Raheem Green - What is the purpose of our existance

Omar (ex Andrey)

toLive&DieForAllah!
Salam Alleykum brothers & sisters!!!

There's a great video that will insha Allah help you to convert both atheists & Christians into Islam - if they use their minds, reasoning & common sense of course. I'm doing a translation of it at the moment (into Russian), so I had to type the whole of the text from the video first. So here is the reference to the video (http://www.halaltube.com/what-is-the-purpose-of-our-existence)

And here is the whole text - if you study it thoroughly & use it as a means of dawah (spreading of Islam) you'll find it a great source of Islamic wisdom.

Bismilahi Rahmani Raheem!!!

Abdur-Raheem Green – What is the purpose of our existence?

It must be many times and on many occasions in our life that we have pondered over this question, that we have thought about this question: Why are we here? What is the purpose of life? What is it all for? What is the reason for it? And in some way or another way we find many different religions, many different philosophies have tried to provide answers to these fundamental questions. We live in a society, the Western society, that in reality is first and foremost and essentially an atheistic or if not atheistic certainly secularist society. That it advocates & propagates the ideology of materialism. And this materialistic ideology is backed by scientific theories and in particular the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution tells us that we have out origin in and from a common ancestor with the apes. And this primate itself has evolved from other creatures which in the far-far distant past everything had evolved from this organic soup. And this is what they used to back their materialistic philosophy. The man according to them, that the human being according to this ideology is in fact no more than an animal. An advanced animal but nonetheless an animal. And everything else is explained in the context of that. Similarly according to them the universe itself is a product of some random events. (I think if the sisters would like to sit down I noticed there is a place up there on top so maybe you can find your way up there. It might be more) comfortable.) There is a product of random events. So my brothers and my sisters so what is being called to us at the moment in reality is this idea. That in reality there is no God, there is no need for a God, there's no Day of Judgment, there's no hellfire, there's no paradise, that we in fact in reality are mere, our whole existence is a coincidence. And in reality the life has no real purpose and no real meaning except the purpose and the meaning that you happen to want to get. That you eat, you drink, you sleep, you seek shelter, you live, you die. That's it. So this is one philosophy, one ideology. And atheism perhaps for the first time in human history, atheism for perhaps the first time in human history has actually become what we could describe as "A World belief system". But within the past we found that to some degree or another degree people have always believed in the existence of a creator or a creating being and that pure atheism was something very rare. And this is something we need to talk about today. What we have to develop upon today and discuss today and bring up today is basically two concepts. The atheistic ideology and the other idea is the concept of the understanding that there is a God, there is a Creator. That the universe, that life does have a special purpose. And within the belief systems that believe in the existence of God there is also a great difference. And we hope that we'll be able to examine some of these differences and draw some conclusions from all of this. So first of all what I would like to examine is the arguments against and the arguments for the belief in the creator. Why? Because this is going to be fundamental to explaining the reason and the purpose of our existence. Strangely enough, although the atheist claims partake the ground of rationality, of science, of a position where there is a lack of prejudice whereas the believer is supposed to have prejudice. We find in fact that quite often the arguments of an atheist are emotional arguments. The reasons for saying that there is not a God are emotional reasons, not rational reasons. You often find that they bring the argument like for example well, if there i a God why there is so much suffering in the world?" This is one of their arguments. "If there is a God how come you have aids and natural disasters and these diseases and how come that some people are crippled and some people are born blind. It doesn't seem to be such a perfect world to me. Rather it seems to be a product of chaos and confusion." This is what they claim. However we will see the futility of these claims & we will examine why these claims are in fact emotional arguments, not rational ones. And what we intend to do first and foremost is prove to you that there must be a God. There must be creator. That in fact the only possible rational position that can be taken by a human being is that this universe and this world must have a Creator. And this creator must be one God, there can not be more than one such creator. And we thought this basically through two different ways. One way is the instinctive way and the second is the means that we use for reason or intelligence or what we call "Akkan" in Arabic. And that is exactly the arguments based upon the intelligence. And it's a very simple argument. The argument is propounded in the Quran. And it goes like this. "Was the universe and everything in it, was it, did it come from nothing? Did it come from nothing?" This is the first question the Quran asks. "Did it come from nothing?" Now let's examine it. Do we ever experience something coming from nothing? In fact in reality, in the totality of human experience it will be very hard to find anyone being able to support this idea that something comes from nothing, let alone a universe which is working and regulated according to such perfect laws and such perfect systems. So this is not an alternative. The second possibility is - did it create itself? Did it create itself? Did something create itself? Could it have brought itself into the existence? If it did exist beforehand how then it brought itself into the existence? Or are you the creators of it? How can something within the creation be the creator of it? Since it, since that thing itself is part of the creation it cannot it self needs a creator? Human beings themselves need a creator. So what are the options? What is left for the rational mind? So the arguments that people bring up: "What? Ok, but, you know, where is this God, show me, I can't see God, I can't see then why should I believe in something I can't see. But it's amazing of course that these same people believe in a whole range of things they can't see. They can't see the air - they believe in it, they can't see atoms, and neutrons & electrons - yet they believe in them, they can't see their minds - yet they believe in it. In fact there's a whole department of science, a historical science called archaeology. And what an archaeologist does is an archaeologist will go, perhaps to the middle of the desert where are no trees & there is no water, & this archaeologist will dig in the sand, and then this archaeologist will come across a piece of pottery, and from this single piece of pottery this archaeologist will be able to tell you the state of knowledge, the technological ability of the people who produced this piece of pottery. He will be able to tell you that they must have been able to build ovens and that they must have had such and such amount of access to wood and fuel or charcoal because in order to heat the ovens up at such and such temperature to produce and to be able to bend the clay at this such and such temperature they must have had this level of knowledge & technology. And he will look up at the dies & the writing & he will be able to tell you so many things about the civilisation and the people that produced that piece of pottery without even seeing one of those people. He didn't see them make it, he didn't see them build it, he didn't see them working in their pottery factories. But to him the existence of this piece of pottery is absolute conclusive proof of the existence of the people who made it & also of the level of their technological ability & skill. In the same way anybody who observes the laws, the systemising of the universe and the world in which we live does not have to see the creator to know there must be a creator. The fact that we find the universe and our world and ourselves working according to such perfect laws is the proof of the existence of the one who made those laws. Because all of the creation - the Sun, the moon, the stars, the Earth, the planets, ourselves, the animals - all of them have need of a creator, we all have a need. And that need is that we need some, something to have organised all of this. Since it is not possible, it's not possible & it is far removed from all the realms of probability that such order could have been a product of chance and coincidence. It is not a possibility, it is not a mathematical possibility. Evolution is mathematically impossible. A Swiss mathematician called Charles-Eugene Guye, he calculated the probability of one single protein molecule as having have come into existence through chance. And probability was ten to the power of 265 and the amount of matter that was needed would have been millions of times bigger than the known universe and the amount of time that it would have taken would have been ten to the power of 160 times the length of the existence of the entire universe as we know it. And basically staticians, staticist, people who deal with statistics they, they have said that anything that is 1 to the power of 100 that is so improbable they consider it impossible. So how about 10 to the power of 265 that's 10 with 265 zeros after it. One protein molecule. How about a child that has what 16 million or is it 16 billion protein molecules, every single one of them organised to produce lungs and eyes and ears and a brain and a heart and kidneys and all other parts and all the organs all of them functioning together in perfection. It is not possible that this could have been a product of chance and coincidence. And if we look at the universe and the world around us again you'll find that to see it that this is a product of chance and coincidence is just unbelievable. There are so many things, so many of the laws of physics that if they were slightly different, if they were slightly a bit different - life could not exist. For example take the planet upon which we are on, the planet Earth, if the planet Earth was closer to the Sun, if it were much closer to the Sun, or even slightly closer to the Sun it would be too hot for life to exist, if it was too far it would be too cold for life to exist. The Earth just happens to be going round the Sun at the right speed - I can't remember what it is - but it happens to be going round the Sun at the right speed, if it was going any faster, if the Earth was going around any faster it would fly off into space, if it was going any slower it would be sucked in and burnt up by the sun. The Earth rotates on its axis once every 24 hours. Imagine if the Earth rotated on its axes once every 5 months. One surface of the Earth would become super-heated, and the other surface would become super-cold and life would not be able to exist. We have a gas in our atmosphere - the ozone layer which happens to be able to filter out all the harmful effects of the Sun's radiation. If that gas was not there, everything would be destroyed on this planet. That the composition of the gases of our atmosphere just happens to be of the right quantity of nitrogen & oxygen & carbon dioxide. If it was pure oxygen, life depends on oxygen, but if it was pure oxygen, pure oxygen is poisonous to life, it must be a bit mixed with nitrogen. There also has to be carbon dioxide because plants need to breathe in carbon dioxide in order to exist. If these gases were not there life would not exist. So is it possible that these things are a product of some mere random event? There was one great scholar of Islam. He was once invited to a debate by some atheists and he accepted but he said to them, look I will debate you but not right now. I will debate you after the Sun has set on the far side of such and such river. They waited one hour, they waited two hours and eventually this Muslim scholar arrived. So they started saying to him: "What sort of thing is this? You are supposed to be a Muslim; you are supposed to be on time. What sort of behaviour is this?!" So the scholar said: "Look, I didn't intend to be here late, but what happened was when I came to the river I couldn't find any way to cross. I walked up the river & I walked down the river & I couldn't find any ferryboat to take me across, I couldn't find any bridge, so I sat down & thought what am I going to do, and then right in front of my eyes this tree fell down & divided itself up into planks & nails popped out from the ground & lo and behold in front of my eyes this boat was formed it put itself in the river I stood in it & it took me across." And the atheists said: "You don't expect us to believe a stupid story like that!" And the scholar said: "Why not? You want me to believe something even more stupid - that the heavens and the Earth and that all the creatures in it are a product of some random event?" So thus he defeated them & humiliated them & this is the supreme reasonable position. That in reality reason does not allow the human being to believe anything else. The only thing they will say is: "Oh, but you have to believe this because we are human beings. We are human beings so we have to think like that." Yes. Fair enough. Go and be a donkey or a rock if you want to. We are human beings. If you try and convince yourself that it is anything else you are never able to be happy. You will never really believe it. Because as a human being you can't. So what are their arguments? Oh, "There can't be a God because there's so much war and there's so much suffering. How about the disabled people? How about this, how about that?" Now the point is this. The point is this. That doesn't prove that there's not a God. That doesn't prove that there's not a God. All it says is that idea that you have about God is probably the wrong one. And most of the time when I involve with discussions with people of this issue we find that they have, they think that, what I'm talking about is Christianity. So they argue with me as they used to argue with the Christians. Because Christianity teaches, and here when I say "Christianity teaches" I'm not referring to the individual interpretations of some Christians which may differ from what I'm saying. But broad-based Christianity teaches and certainly the Bible says that God is love. It says "God is love". And therefore it becomes a problem. When the Christian is confronted by the question of the atheist, what, if God is love like you claim, how come there's so much disease & how come there's so much suffering, and how come there's so much pain? And in this regard the atheist has a genuine complaint. Because this is not compatible. One is not compatible with the other. One is not compatible with the other. But I say lo, that the creation of Allah is perfect. And Allah, the Creator, he is perfect, and his creation is perfect. And how do we explain that? How do we as Muslims explain that Allah is perfect and his creation is perfect? We explain that by saying that the creation is not perfect in the sense that Allah is perfect. Allah is perfect in the absolute sense. He is free from all imperfections. He is the All-knowing, the All-wise, the Just, the Merciful, the Loving, and he is also the Swift in punishment. And yes, when he punishes it is perfect, his justice is perfect, his knowledge is perfect. the creation is not perfect in that sense. No. When we say that the creation is perfect we mean that the creation is perfect at doing what God has created it for. It's perfect at fulfilling its purpose. So that what we say to the atheist: "No, what you have misunderstood is the purpose of life. When you complain about death and suffering and earthquakes and people who are born disabled and blind and these type of things, it doesn't prove that there's not a God. All it shows is that you have failed to comprehend the purpose for which God has created the world and the universe. It doesn't deny the reality of the Creator's existence. It just shows that you haven't understood the reason for which he created everything. So Islam teaches that there is a purpose behind this creation. Reason tells us there must be a creator. I didn't mention the instinctive proof; perhaps we'll mention that later. But how does Islam tell us & what does Islam tell us is the purpose of the creation? The reality is that life is a test. Life is a test. This is the purpose of the creation. This or this - the human being. Before the human being life is a test. Therefore the world is perfect at being a test ground for the human being. Because within the world is good and evil, happiness & unhappiness, beauty & ugliness, right & wrong, darkness and light. How will you test goodness if there is no evil? How will you know goodness if there is no evil? How will you know good beauty if there's no ugliness? How will you know right if there's no wrong? How will you know truth if there's no falsehood? So life is a test and that is why we find within the world, within the universe we find it the way it is. We find there's death, there's disease, there's poverty there's wealth, there is illness there is health, etc, etc, etc. Because this is the means through which Allah Subhana wa ta Allah is testing his slaves. And it is also the means through which and by which we can learn the truth and the reality of the creator's existence. The Universe is like a sign, a book of signs, leading us to the conclusion of the reality of the Creator's existence and also some other things that we can understand about God through the Universe and observing the Universe. We know there must be one God & this is a simple conclusion that we come to. It is simple on two regards. First of all such organisation could not possibly be the product of two creators. If there were two such creators as the Quran mentions they would have fought with each other and each one would have gone one off with he created & you would never have been able to find such a magnificently constructed universe. The second is that if examine the reasoning process that we used before, & we said that everything in the universe has a need. The need that everything in the Universe has is the need for something, someone to organise it, and to sustain it and to maintain it. And therefore we can conclude that the one who organised and created and brought into existence the Universe can not be the same as the Universe & of the same nature as the Universe. If the creator was of the same nature as the creation then the creator would need a creator. And then that creator would also need a creator or we are looking for the one who is the originator of all of these things. So that creator must be infinite, that creator must be self-sufficient. That is why it is not possible and it is not reasonable and it is an open invitation for any atheist to say that a man is God or God became a man because it simply contradicts everything that the Universe tells us about God. Everything that our reason tells us about God. Indeed everything in reality that true scripture tells us about God. That God is the infinite - man is finite, God is the eternal - man is temporary, God is unseen whereas man is visible, God is self-sufficient, God doesn't need to eat or drink or breathe, he doesn't need love, he doesn't need even worship - he is self-sufficient. Whereas the human being, the creatures are dependant. They need food, they need air, the very atoms of their body are kept together through the power of the Creator. So the creation cannot be the Creator & the Creator cannot be the creation because he would deny the reality of his existence. So God cannot be a man. And any religion or ideology or philosophy that tells you such and such man is God - that it must be false. It must be false. So why therefore - & this now we have to talk about & if you haven't understood already we are talking primarily, not only but primarily about Christianity, because Christianity is a religion now that claims to believe in God. Yet in reality we find that Christianity in reality poses more questions, and causes more questions to be asked than the answers it provides. And one of the questions that I have found until today, no question has been able to give me an answer is a simple question - why did God allow a world in which there was sin? Didn't God have the power to create the human beings & put them in paradise forever if he wanted to? And if God is as you claim is Love then why would he allow the world to be full of suffering? Why? And fundamentally we find that Christians find it very difficult to answer these questions. Because it conflicts with their ideology and their theology. There's a problem there. But Islam we find has the most beautiful answer to this. Islam has the most beautiful answer to this. Since Christianity tells us that God, so they say, God is so righteous he can not look upon the sin of man. God is so righteous he can't look upon the sin of man. So & now what we do & as you think about it becomes next to perhaps even absurd, that because God could not look upon the sin of man he needed to come down as a man & die on the cross. Now, how what sort of sense that is supposed to make only Allah knows best. But how are we supposed to seek forgiveness from God? Why is there sin? How come God allow sin to take place? But Islam gives us the answer. Because the existence of sin allows us to understand something about the reality of God. And this the Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Allehem Wassallam, he outlined this when he said that if you did not sin, and repent from your sins then Allah would remove you, Allah would remove you and he will bring another people who sin & who repented for their sins. Why? Because God created us, he created us and he made us with a nature that it is natural that we will be inclined to do sins. And he put us in a world that it will be unavoidable that we would incline towards sins. But it is only through sinning & disobeying God & then turning to God & asking his forgiveness & repenting for our sins that we learn the reality that Allah is Allafuru Rahim, that he is the forgiving and he is the merciful. Sins exist & we sin - that is the reality. But through sinning & repenting for our sins we learn that Allah, that we have a Lord, we have a Creator, who forgives. And we learn that we know that we have a Creator who punishes for our sins & forgives us when we make repentance to him. And thus we learn about the mercy & the forgiveness of Allah. This is the reality. So we find that the Quran is teaching us the purpose of life. In fact before I became a Muslim, about ten or eleven years ago, I was brought up in a Roman-Catholic monastery. My mother was originally from Poland and she wanted me to be brought up a catholic. I was brought up in a catholic, Roman-Catholic monastic school, a boarding school. Well, we studied the Bible but for several different reasons I could not accept what I was being taught there. I could not accept the claim that they said Mary is the mother of God. Because how could it be that be that the one who has no beginning and no end who is the eternal self-sufficient Creator could have been born of a woman? And if Mary was the mother of God then she must be a greater God than God. And though there are many other reasons that I could not accept when I was being taught, & there were other reasons why I could not accept the materialistic values that I was being raised up upon in my family, & I will say that I have read & I had read about perhaps merely every single religion. I practiced Buddhism, I studied Hinduism, I read books about philosophy, psychology, and many different books about many different religions. But there's only one book where I found the convincing answer to that question. "Why are we here?" "What is the reason for our existence?" "What is the purpose of life?" "I found it in the Quran. And Allah, Subhana wa ta Allah, he says: "Authu Billahi Mina Shaytani Rajeem Wa Ma Ahadktul Jinna Wal Insa Illa i Yabudu". In this book that has been revealed by Allah the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, that was sent down to Muhammad, Salalahu Allehim Wa Salam, over a period of 23 years, that has been passed down to us through an unbroken chain of oral & written transmission since the time of Rassul Allah, Salalahu Allehim Wa Salam. This book has told us that Allah our Creator has informed us the reason for which he brought us & gave us existence. And if we think about, brothers & sisters, how come we ever, how come we ever possibly reach certainty about this most important of all questions? How come we ever possibly reach certainty about this most important of all questions unless the one who created us tells us. Everything else in reality you will understand is guesswork. The philosophers what they have is guesswork. The materialists what they have is guesswork. The people who meditate & the mystics have nothing except guesswork. There is no certainty but there exists, there is certainty that we know whether when the one who gave us existence & brought us into the existence tells us that this is the reason for which he created us then we know - this is the reason for which we exist. So let me translate those words: "Wa Ma Ahadktul Jinna Wal Insa Illa i Yabudu". That Allah is saying that he has not created the Jinn - and we leave them aside for the moment - and the "Ins", the mankind, the human being. The human being. Allah ahs not created the human being except that we should choose to worship him. Now many people might say: "Is that it? You know it's thin. To worship God is that what is the purpose of life? And that might be an understandable reaction from someone who has been brought up in the West with the very narrow concept of worship. To them or to many people in the West we have been given this idea that worship is "go to the church on Sunday, go to the Mosque on Friday, go to the Synagogue on Saturday, you know, celebrating Christmas or the two eves or whatever it is and a few rituals and a few & that is worship. But the term "Worship" or "Ibada" in Arabic is something vast. Indeed it is something all-comprehensive. And one of the great scholars of Islam, Ibn Taymia, he defined this word "Ibada", he defined this word "worship". He said that worship, or this is a more or less the meaning of what he said. He said that worship is everything that Allah, the creator, the God, everything which Allah loves & approves of. Whether it is the beliefs, the thoughts, the sayings or the actions. So that you can either believe something that God, Allah, the Creator loves & he approves of or you can believe something other than that. If you believe what he loves, if you believe what he approves of it is worship. If you have your mind & thoughts that God loves & approves of it is worship. If you have other than that - it is not worship. If you say the words & bring forth the speech that Allah love, that Creator loves & approves of it is worship. If you do the actions that Allah loves & approves of it is worship. So this is something all-comprehensive. And as a Jew once said to one of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad, Sallahu Allehim Wa Salam, his name was Abu Hureira, "Your Messenger, your Prophet teaches you everything, he even tells you how to go to the loo, how to go to the toilet. And Abu Hureira said "Yes." He said "Yes. He teaches us that the way that we go to the toilet" we don't face & we don't turn our backs towards the Qibla, the direction of prayer. And then when we have finished we clean ourselves with either three stones or water. Because as Muslims everything in the life can be either a worship for Allah or something other than that." So the purpose of life is to make your whole life a worship for Allah. The purpose of existence is to make sure that all your sayings and all your beliefs and all your thoughts and all your actions are sayings and beliefs & thoughts & actions that are pleasing to your Lord & your Creator. And that you should leave these things that are displeasing to him. This is the purpose of life; this is the battle of life. This is the real jihad; you hear this word "Jihad". but really Jihad means to struggle with the utmost of your ability. And the Prophet, Sallahu Allehim Wa Salam, said that best Jihad is the Jihad you make against yourself. This is the struggle of life to make yourself a worshipper of Allah & to leave & abandon the worship of the false Gods, those things that we put out faith & our hope & our trust in. Those things like money perhaps, fame, fortune, our desires & our passions, other human beings, even prophets & saints. We put our faith & our trust & our hope in them whereas in reality we should direct all our worship to the Creator Allah. But how do we know, how do we know how to worship Allah? How do we know how to worship this God who is most worthy of it & deserving of it? Do we guess? Do we guess? Do we think for ourselves? Do we imagine for ourselves, well maybe God would like this & maybe God would like that & maybe we'll do it like this, maybe we'll do it like that? And all praise is due to Allah - he didn't leave us in the state of confusion. But God put within our hearts & within our souls the drive to be his worshipers, the inclination to be his worshipers. And just like he gave us the inclination, the feeling of hunger - he gave us food to satisfy our hunger, he gave us the feeling of thirst - he gave us drink to quench our thirst, he gave us the feeling of love and affection - & he gave us wives, & husbands, companions to satisfy that urge for love & companionship. Similarly Allah gave us the drive to be worshipers, to be his worshipers, & he did not leave us without the means to satisfy that desire. That is why he sent prophets, that is why he sent messengers. That's why he sent Abraham & Noah & Moses & Jacob & Jesus & Muhammad, may God's peace & blessings be upon all these messengers, whom we believe as Muslims came with the same message, the same religion, the same fundamental message that we should direct our worship & all the aspects of our lives to Allah the Creator alone & that we should leave the worship of the false Gods. And they came to teach us how to worship God. They came to teach us what are the beliefs, what are the things that God wants us to believe about him. What is it that Allah, the Creator wants us to believe? What are the thoughts that he likes us to have? What is the speech that he loves us to say? What are the actions that he loves us to do & that he approves of? He didn't leave it for us to guess, he sent to us & in this day & age the final & last Messenger, he sent to us Muhammad, Sallahu Allehim Wa Salam, to teach us how to worship the Creator of the Heavens & the Earth. And they also came, all of the prophets, & our final Messenger Muhammad came to warn us also & to remind us also of the ultimate reality, the ultimate reality that this life is a test, but there is a day when we will see the results of this test. There is a day when we will be raised up, naked, barefooted & uncircumcised. We will not have any money, we will not have any possessions, that we'll have nothing with us except our deeds & every single atom's weight of good that we have done - we will know about it. And every single atom's weight of evil that we have done - we will know about it. It is the day of standing "Theuma Lakiama", the day of reckoning, the day of accounting, the day of Judgement. A promised day, a day that Allah has promised through all of his messengers, a day that Allah has described in detail in his book, a day that will turn my brothers & sisters, it will turn the hair of children grey, that a woman who is feeding her child will abandon her child, a woman who is pregnant will miscarriage from the fear & the terror of that day. When mankind will run as if drunken, as if drunken as if they had a drunken riot from the fear & the terror of that day. When the Sun will be brought close to our heads & people will be up to some of them in the ankles, some to their knees, some to their waste, some to there & some bridled in sweat from the fear of that day. When mankind will be assembled in groups & they will be brought & all of us you & me will be brought forth for judgement. And there is the hellfire. The hellfire that is a real physical place that has already been created & it already exists. Allah sent with his Messenger Muhammad, Sallahu Allehim Wa Salam, both in the Quran & in the prophetic sayings descriptions of this place, that how its inhabitants. their skins will be burned & recreated & reburned. How they will call for water & they will get water like molten copper that will scald their faces & burn out their insides. That there is a tree in this hellfire, which is the tree of Zakkoon, with their fruits which are like heads of devils & is so bitter that when you try to eat it you'll hardly be able to swallow it. But you'll force & the people in there will force themselves, force themselves because of their hunger, but the bitterness will make them more thirsty so they will try again & they will get the drink - boiling water, burning their faces & scalding their insides. And how long will this go on for? A week? A month? A year? A decade? A century? A millennium? No, for those who have rejected faith, for those who have rejected the worship of their Lord & their Creator it will never-ever-ever-ever-ever-ever end. Never. This is the reality about which Allah has warned us. This is the end result of the test of life. And then there is Paradise. There is a place where there is no suffering, no age, no argument, no futility, no disease. Where there is peace & happiness & tranquillity. Where there are gardens with rivers of honey & milk & wine. Where soil is of musk, & the pebbles are of precious stones. Where its inhabitants will be served by youths like scattered pearls, reclining on silken cushions, dressed in silk with golden brocade. Drinking from the fountains of paradise. Greeted by the angels. Meeting the prophets & the martyrs & the righteous. And of all the supreme joys & blessings of Paradise the greatest & the most supreme joy is to be able to look upon the face of our Lord Allah Subhana wa ta Allah. And of all the sufferings & the torments of hell the worst will be the knowledge of its inhabitants that they had been deprived of looking upon the face of our Lord Allah Subhana wa ta Allah. This is the reality about which the prophets came to warn. And no one will go to hell except they chose it. No one will go to hell except they chose themselves to be there because Allah will say to the people on the day of judgement: "Enough is your own soul to condemn yourself". Enough is your own soul; Allah will not have to even judge anybody. Enough is your own soul to bring yourself to account. And there is not one person in paradise, not one, except that they do not deserve to be there. And that they had entered into Paradise & being entered into Paradise through the mercy of Allah Subhana wa ta Allah. Brothers & sisters, the choice is yours. the choice is yours. Take the path that you will to take. But this is the reality of the reason for which we have been created. "Wa Ma Ahadktul Jinna Wal Insa Illa i Yabudu". We have been created to choose to worship Allah, the true God, the Creator of the Heavens & the Earth. that we should worship him alone. And that we should do that according to the way he has taught us, a way, the way that he ahs taught us, according to what he's revealed in the Quran & shown us through the example of his last & final Messenger Muhammad, Sallahu Allehim Wa Salam. Allahuma Salli Alla Muhammadin Wala Ali Wa Sahdi Wa...

Sanaa01

Muslima
:salam2:

Very good topic
Brother mashaAllah you did a very good job on writing it down I actually pay more attention when I read than listen this is very helpful for me Jazak Allah khair may Allah reward you for your efforts Ameen

Omar (ex Andrey)

toLive&DieForAllah!
But how are we supposed to seek forgiveness from God? Why is there sin? How come God allow sin to take place? But Islam gives us the answer. Because the existence of sin allows us to understand something about the reality of God. And this the Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Allehem Wassallam, he outlined this when he said that if you did not sin, and repent from your sins then Allah would remove you, Allah would remove you and he will bring another people who sin & who repented for their sins. Why? Because God created us, he created us and he made us with a nature that it is natural that we will be inclined to do sins. And he put us in a world that it will be unavoidable that we would incline towards sins. But it is only through sinning & disobeying God & then turning to God & asking his forgiveness & repenting for our sins that we learn the reality that Allah is Allafuru Rahim, that he is the forgiving and he is the merciful. Sins exist & we sin - that is the reality. But through sinning & repenting for our sins we learn that Allah, that we have a Lord, we have a Creator, who forgives. And we learn that we know that we have a Creator who punishes for our sins & forgives us when we make repentance to him. And thus we learn about the mercy & the forgiveness of Allah. This is the reality.

Brothers & sisters! PLease pay special attention to this abstract - it's the hook which Sh***an - may Allah punish him for all of us!!! - will exploit (as he's already done with me). He will say "you see it's ok to sin - go ahead, Allah s.w.a. will forgive you, it's the human nature, so you'll have a legal excuse to sin from now on. & he'll use lots of similar arguments (being the teacher of angels it's quite easy for him) to convince you to sin. Don't argue with him - you will lose - just curse him & don't listen to him!!!

:salam2:
I actually pay more attention when I read than listen

Despite of the fact that it's a lecture it has the structure of a written text. Abdur-Raheem's logic & reasoning is amazing - may Allah S.W.A. reward him for his service! There are so many vital clues & arguments there that it's very hard to remember it all after first watching - & it's not easy to watch a video a few times non-stop as you need some time to digest it - whereas a written text can be read as many times as you like :)

Bismilahi Rahmani Raheem!!!:salah: