About Islamophobia

Al-Indunisiy

:salam2:

If Islamophobia is defined as 'a (irrational) fear, prejudice, hatred against Muslims and Islamic culture', it makes me wonder.

Is there any such a thing as a rational, legitimate fear of Islam?
And is there anything in correct Islamic teachings that can be a threat to non-muslims?

The reason for this is that a few days ago I read an article adressing an issue concerning:
1. Criticism of Islam and Muslims
2. The case of using the charge of Islamophobia to silence criticism

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I would appreciate if you would cite some examples of erroneous writings. The purpose would be to understand where the writers veered into the wrong direction.

arzafar

you know im a bit skeptical about this whole islamophobia thingy. I think it's completely rational for the kuffar to hate muslims, islam, islamic symbols.
I mean somebody who accepts and approves of drinking, fornication, homosexuality, interest, etc. is obviously going to hate Islam and be afraid of it.

You can also find many ahadith and verses in the Quran where Allah tells us that the kuffar hate the muslims. so imo we shouldnt worry at all about how kuffar perceive us, instead we should try to become better Muslims.

i suppose it's because we are living in an era where islam is weak and muslims are humiliated everywhere so that we are concerned about how we are perceived or why others are afraid of us. falsehood and hypocrisy will always be afraid of truth.

arzafar

tbh i like sheikh from islamqa. i read somewhere he was an engineer (from kfupm). I think there is a severe dearth of authentic and intelligent scholars.

i guess i would be repeating what i said, but the kuffar have every reason to fear islam. yes they will come up with excuses like terrorism, WMD etc. but we all know who is the biggest terrorist in the world rite now.