ABOUT WEDDING

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
Assalamo Aleikum brothers and sister,
i'm muslimah from brazil and i'll get marriage soon, but i have a litlle doubt, i see people giving big and fancy weddings, but i also read that if big weddings are good the prophete Muhammad Saw woul had a big one, but he had a simple one, my doubt is how this wedding party should be ( i know small but how) i ask it cause my family is not muslims, and the muslims wedding that i saw were big, other thing that i don't agree is the bride wear white, cause it is like cristhians ( my dress will be pink inshALlah) since now thanks for the help

salam sister,

congrats with ur upcoming wedding, pink sounds really nice :hearts: I wore a ivory dress and my welima was quite small but thats all we could really afford :shymuslima1:

good luck eith everything and refere back to what sister ajmal_ihsaas22 wrote I wish I'd known half of this when I got married but alhumdillah I'm married now. :hijabi: xx

Rawa

Happy you marriage! It is teh best to remember Allah all the time,inclding the happy and sad times. I think it is better to consult to Muslims in your community, they may know the best instruction for you in your society.

Once again happy your marriage!

raihana

Assalamo Aleikum brothers and sister,
i'm muslimah from brazil and i'll get marriage soon, but i have a litlle doubt, i see people giving big and fancy weddings, but i also read that if big weddings are good the prophete Muhammad Saw woul had a big one, but he had a simple one, my doubt is how this wedding party should be ( i know small but how) i ask it cause my family is not muslims, and the muslims wedding that i saw were big, other thing that i don't agree is the bride wear white, cause it is like cristhians ( my dress will be pink inshALlah) since now thanks for the help

:salam2:
sister congratulation
ooh!my wedding dress was also pink....I love it
and about wearing a white one I think its like imitating the kaafirs coz they say white is to represent that she is a virgin
and may ALLAH give u a wonder full ,pious hubby which u both will continue ur life and unite in JANNA insha ALLAH being more beautiful then ever
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
:
:salam2:
not the pictures of humans coz its forbidden:astag:

is that true?

I'm sure i read somewhere that videos are haram but on an occaision such as your wedding it is ok, I might be completly wrong so please forgive me if I am, but I didn't know that photographs of humans are haram!? can anyone show me a hadith on this as I am training to become a photographer and I dnt want to persue this if it is going to be haram. :shymuslima1:

Thanks in advance

Masalam Saira x