Advice People!!

Sonia88

Salaam,
i just wanted to ask, as i have a friend who is in a situation, she and her husband have seperated, as they didnt get along and he has said he didnt like her neway b4 the marriage (dont think either of them were keen on it, but pressure from family, they had arranged marriage in pakistan).. however she wants divorce but he refuses, and also she mentioned that he has been 'messing about', and was asking that what can she do as he refuses divorce, but i dont understand why when he doesnt like her & as she says is messing about.
(he told his inlaws he didnt like her which has helped her in way with all the grief she was getting from her family, as in blame for the relationship not working, although he has hit her a few times and asks people stupid questions like how long would i get in prison if i killed someone, shes not scared of him but still its scary)

also he does freaky thing like comes to watch her while she at work and stuff, basically they really are different people and dont get along, but he said to her that she cant divorce him islamically as he refuses.
hes from pakistan and only really has her family, her mom being his aunty.. and maybe he thinks he'l have no1 or its gonna affect his visa?? duno but she doesnt want to stay like this.

so my sisters what can she do in this situation?

wasalaam

lol sisters arent saying much so maybe you brother can help, on how my friend should deal with her husband. thats why i posted in this section she needs some advice and i dont know much but what you can do if your husband refuses divorce??

najbc

I wish i could help but i do not know. this is why people should not marry in their family, i mean marry couis or close relative, if things do not work out, this breaks the family.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Cant divorce him Islamically !!

She can.

However, having not heard the other part of the story I'm not going to give an immediate judgement.

I'd say get her family involved. This is clearly not a proper situation.

buraq

asalam-o-alikum,,,

A female can ask for divorce, if she gose to her local scholar at the masjid, if her case is warented, they can inform the sirah countcle, for permision, i say this because you say her husband is messing about, but first they will try to fix the problems between you,

hope this helps :salah:

tarrannum

insha allah

Walekum salam,
Yes, as another person here has already mentioned, the woman can go to the imam and ask for khula . but its not always easy for the woman, coz the imams and mullahs are not reachable. She should get a brother's help, who could arrange for a meeting with the imam. After listening to both sides, the imam, if feels fit, will ask the husband to give talaq, and even then if the husband refuses, the marriage will be dissolved by the sharia law.
All this will take a lot of time and most importantly a lot of will power. it's not easy.
hope this was of any use. may allah help us all, guide us all and love us all. ameen