Afghan boy killed for teaching English????

DONT KNOW IF TALIBAN REALLY DID THAT.What I have heard about TALIBAN in TRIBAL AREAS OF Pak is that they are not against ENGLISH.Infact one if commanders Abdullah Mehsud in Waziristan was expert in English Arabic Persian Urdu and of course Pashto.

As far as women are concerned what have heard about Taliban in SWAT Pk that they have staunch support of women due to anti wife beating policy.The TNSM organization got donation of kilos of gold .

I DONT TRUST REPORTS OF WESTERN MEDIA.They are campaigning against what they see as a threat to themselves in Central Asia.

i agree with wat ur saying brother..i heard the taliban didnt let the women work but instead gave her the salary she was going to get from the work without even working but i didnt hear that on any news channel!!!

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
Yeah I goofed......meant to say I don't care if they harbor binLaden.....but the way I understand they treat women and honor killings I cannot understand.

:salam2:
sister ,honour killing and women treatment is a treditional thing ,it has nothing to do with talbaan at all. i am a pakhtun and honour killing ,trust me sister,is a tredition of our tribe.
every pakhtun ,u will see with a beard ,having turban on and speaking pashtoo(talibaan's language) so would u assume that every man in a tribe is perfect muslim?
so media use such black sheeps in our community.infact,talibaan helped my poor uncle in getting back his land from the land lord who had captured it for ages.
u pay heavy taxes for the justice u get in ur country,their justice was only for Allah.america invaded afghanistan because it was becoming an ideal islamic polity.(their slogan was "crusaders")
ALLAH KNOWS BEST

q8penpals

Salam

May I suggest a book called "My Forbidden Face" which was written by an Afghani teenage girl who was born in 1980 and was 16/17 when the taliban took over. She writes about her life and the lives of the women around her.

This is a book written by an Afghani about Afghanistan and the taliban. I have read this book and several personal accounts from Afghani women under the rule of the taliban - my personal conclusion is that the taliban were/are devils on Earth - and it wasn't just their treatment of women, they are racist as well, and treated even men that disagreed with them poorly.

My conclusion is that the taliban were simply a group of people who craved power, and used and distorted Islam to obtain it.

Lana

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
as for women treatment,most of our poeple are talibaan:ma:
they treat woman very politely but ofcourse according to shariah.i go to college.there is no such restriction on me ,i am here to tlak to you no one stops me from doing that .i love them ,i respect them above all i support them .i am from FATA,its the centre of talibaan now days,i must have hatred if they treated me badly but they are very kind and extremely good.
if we dont make any complaints ,who is the westren media to advocate this on our behalf.rediculous.
well,if they kill her by gun ,america kills her by bombs:astag:
taking away her childern and husband and leaving her on others mercy is a very good justice.

uskupi

assalam alaikum ... and just to reminde you that boy (mey Allah place him in Jannah) was repeatedley warned not to teach english...assalam alaikum

Masria

sister ,honour killing and women treatment is a treditional thing ,it has nothing to do with talbaan at all. i am a pakhtun and honour killing ,trust me sister,is a tredition of our tribe.

assalaamu aleykum sister

It is very interesting to hear from someone that lives in Afghanistan. May I ask if you wear burka? If you do then do you have to wear this?

Can you tell us if this story has been reported in your country and if it has what was the given reason for killing this boy and who killed him? If it is not illegal to teach English then will these people be punished for murder?

uskupi

Salam

May I suggest a book called "My Forbidden Face" which was written by an Afghani teenage girl who was born in 1980 and was 16/17 when the taliban took over. She writes about her life and the lives of the women around her.

This is a book written by an Afghani about Afghanistan and the taliban. I have read this book and several personal accounts from Afghani women under the rule of the taliban - my personal conclusion is that the taliban were/are devils on Earth - and it wasn't just their treatment of women, they are racist as well, and treated even men that disagreed with them poorly.

My conclusion is that the taliban were simply a group of people who craved power, and used and distorted Islam to obtain it.

Lana

assalam alaikum ...wrong conclusion is that you made.Taleb means Student.They were student from Kandakhar.As a old couple (man and wife)went in the university to apply for justice because their young daughter was taken by force by some former "Mujahedeen" and to ask them wether is right by sharijah law some one to take them their daughter...the students (taleban)were outrageous.They gathered some wepons and attacket the base were the named Mujaheedin (now warlord) was.Allah geve them victory and their verdict was death by hanging...so started the taleban rule in afghanistan by establishing justice...there are so much good examples by their rule ,unfortunatley they are not in rule anymore as they were before but i hope they will be back and they will because Allah loves the one is doing justice...i love them to, ofcourse there are things i do not agree with but i will not tallk about them...assalam alaikum

tabaria

Look at the free media. Can't report that US troops are raping young iraqi girls, but are more than able to spin the news for their political masters.

Look at the free media. Can't report that US troops are raping young iraqi girls, but are more than able to spin the news for their political masters.

ya i heard that too...they raped a 14 yr old girl n then shot her and her whole family...but in the news that was like a pebble in the water

Masria

ya i heard that too...they raped a 14 yr old girl n then shot her and her whole family...but in the news that was like a pebble in the water

If you google Mahmoudiya+rape you will see how widely this was reported in the media and that the guilty were charged with rape and murder.

Masria

This report takes an awful lot of reading but is very interesting, it is written by docotrs, not political figures or media:

http://physiciansforhumanrights.org/library/documents/reports/talibans-war-on-women.pdf

There is part of the forward:

Debates about Islam and human rights continue in many Islamic societies
around the world today, but that has nothing to do with what is happening
in Afghanistan today. As even the most conservative or radical
Muslims around the world know, most of the policies and practices of the
Taliban government documented in this report have no Islamic justification
whatsoever. Human rights organizations like Physicians for Human
Rights are condemning these policies and practices from a human rights
point of view. Unless Muslims do the same from an Islamic point of view
as well, the Taliban will get away with their false claim that these heinous
crimes against humanity are dictated by Islam as a religion.
— Abdullahi A. An-Na’im, Ph.D.
Professor of Law, Emory University
Formerly of the University of Khartoum, Sudan

and this is just one paragraph of the report:

PHR visited the Rabia Balkhi Hospital, previously the only facility in
Kabul open to women, and found that it lacked basic medical supplies
and equipment such as X-ray machines, suction and oxygen, running
water
, and medications. Women housed there said they had received no
medical attention; one had not been attended to for ten days.

Are women so meaningless to the taliban that the only hospital they allowed women to visit has no running water? I do not see the taliban as anything to support or celebrate from an Islamic standpoint.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
assalaamu aleykum sister

It is very interesting to hear from someone that lives in Afghanistan. May I ask if you wear burka? If you do then do you have to wear this?

Can you tell us if this story has been reported in your country and if it has what was the given reason for killing this boy and who killed him? If it is not illegal to teach English then will these people be punished for murder?

i dont live in afghanistan but its pakistan_afghanistan borderwhere i live.
yes i do wear burka and i have to bcs Allah made me to wear it .thats it.
its not by force of my brother,father or any talibaan. talibaan cant see me when i am doin any wrong when i am alone,can they?

have you listen to talibaan embassadors,what language they used to speak
in UN coferences?
pashtoo ? no
they definitely had a good command over english.
they are not illiterate poeple rather they are represented by poeple like john walker ,yahya gaddan,yvonne riddley and so on and so on.
why hadnt they killed them?
what source do you have for news? westren media ofcourse.do you expect them to show the true picture of muslims in general and talibaan particular?
the problem is they cant access you, neither the other poeple ,so you are forced to believe what the media wants .
u see only one side of the picture and the other is yet untold.
but we hope that our Allah s.w.t will help us inshallah.
can they prove the boy to be killed by talibaan ? no. why do i write,read and speak english?why DONT THEY KILL ME?
the area i live is ,practically controlled by TALIBAAN.
why i love them rather than hating them ?
and alot more questions.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
So Sister Ya Allah Madad,

Are you saying that all these killings in hundreds, maybe thousands that the Taliban claim to do and accept as the Western Media tells us is False. I am open to your views and I am not here to cause an argument. I personally dont like the Taliban, and I hope I am not offending you.. but thats my personal view.

About the Taliban and how you say they are really nice people and all and you have no complaints.. there are many other Afghans who continuously complain of the Taliban and thier unIslamic behaviour and actions. I am simply asking you to clarify whether you really think that the media is lying or do these Taliban have any influence or control over the mass killings over the past years in Afghanistan since the time they came which I think is 1979...

Everyday on the news you hear bobm blasts and buses that are blown up with men, women and children.. you hear killings.. and all and then at the end of the report you hear that the Taliban have accepted that they have committed these herendous acts.. What do you say sister..

Like I said I am open to your views and accpet them, but there are so many things going around you hardly know which to believe..

Assalmualaikum

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

The things I hear from my friends whose families have left Afghanistan because of the Taliban are not of praises for this particular group.

The stories are endless about the violence and murder committed by the Taliban of their family members, which were large numbers.

I do not know what to think, but no group is perfect and I have heard too many negatives..nothing positive.

:wasalam:

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Exactly, all the talk you hear about this group is bad. Like I have already said, I am not blinded by the media. I am old enough and mature enough to take my own standpoint and leave behind the meaning that the media imposes on us. They try to silence out all the other voices and views by presenting us with thier preferred meaning.

I am just saying that the Taliban, in my opinion, may be responsible for most of the actions as they themselves admit to it. I am not sure. Allah (SWT) knows best.

Assalamulaikum

abdellah007

salam

KHOST, Afghanistan - Taliban militants shot dead a teenage boy in southeastern Afghanistan for teaching English to his classmates, police said on Thursday.

Taliban militants have killed a number of teachers and students in recent years for attending government-run schools, taking part in classes for girls or what the hardline Islamist militants consider un-Islamic subjects.

Armed men arrived at the school in the Sayed Karam district of Paktia province and grabbed a 16-year-old student and dragged him outside------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What were they thinking? Why do the Taliban militants do this and claim it to be for the better of islam? It is senseless.....I think removing Taliban from the face of the earth is the ISLAMIC thing to do.

diane, we should not go with everything we hear or see even it really happens. where in THE HOLY QURAN and SUNNAH mentioned to kill teacher of english or any other language? this is the question that needed to be asked. not why the afghan doing this and this. i think u get the point sister.

Masria

the area i live is ,practically controlled by TALIBAAN.
why i love them rather than hating them ?
and alot more questions.

assalaamu aleykum

Thank you for your answers. I always like to hear both sides of every story which is why I am so interested in your views.

Yes I have read the taliban speeches to the UN. During the taliban regime Abdul Hakeem Mujahid in his application for a seat on the assembly stated that the Taliban's ban on women's education was because "Afghanistan lacks the resources to educate them". He also said the taliban do not trust the values that became part of the education system under previous governments, being another reason they totally banned womens education.

So I am curious as to why the taliban themselves have stated they banned womens education in Afghanistan but you seem to think they did not? You seem to be very proud of your education and so you should be but do you not believe our sisters in Afghanistan deserve the same educational opportunities?

I think it is also very interesting to note that the daughter of Mr Mujahid went to a private school in Pakistan while he was helping to ban womens education.

So yes I do read what taliban spokesmen say when they try to defend their decision that all windows of homes with women in must be blacked out, women that have to travel must do so on special buses with blacked out windows .... the list goes on and on. Could you live in almost permanent darkness? I think I would go mad and I find nothing in Islam that suggests I should live this way, like a small animal in a dark hole. Islam even offers more rights than this to prisoners of war.

Even if we reject everything written about the taliban by a non Muslim, I do wonder why the OIC (Organization of Islamic Conference) has withheld both a seat and recognition from the taliban?

It deeply saddens me that these sisters are living under virtual permanent house arrest and people still defend these men and their actions.

"Treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers." From the last sermon of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

salaam

MOSABJA

ALLAH alone knows and time will tell TALIBAN are right or wrong we are no judges . But Since I am living in Pakistan and there are semi autonomous TRIBAL AREAS where Taliban are ruling . If some one wants to know about Taliban he can visit TRIBAL AREAS but who so ever I have met from TRIBAL AREAS Like Taliban and so I would not make any opinion on basis of media reports what is more important is that people who live in TRIBAL AREAS love Taliban .

Who ever has been with Taliban his mind is changed like that of YVONNE RIDLEY.Justice system of Taliban. has been endorsed by hundreds of common people in TRIBAL AREAS and more will endorse it and MEDIA still tries it's best to stop Taliban.

Masria

ALLAH alone knows and time will tell TALIBAN are right or wrong we are no judges . But Since I am living in Pakistan and there are semi autonomous TRIBAL AREAS where Taliban are ruling . If some one wants to know about Taliban he can visit TRIBAL AREAS but who so ever I have met from TRIBAL AREAS Like Taliban and so I would not make any opinion on basis of media reports what is more important is that people who live in TRIBAL AREAS love Taliban .

Who ever has been with Taliban his mind is changed like that of YVONNE RIDLEY.Justice system of Taliban. has been endorsed by hundreds of common people in TRIBAL AREAS and more will endorse it and MEDIA still tries it's best to stop Taliban.

So may I ask if in your tribal area your women are allowed to work or be educated?

Do you have to black out your windows of your home? Are you allowed to travel to the hospital without a male family member?

I am just curious whether you live in the same conditions as the women in Afghanistan or if the taliban in your tribal area are very different in their views?