Al Maghrib Institute

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum, A very kind and knowledgeable sister invited me to attend a seminar being held by the Al Magrhib Institute. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this establishment? Here is web address please Insha Allah let me know what you think http://www.almaghrib.org/seminars.php. I am wondering if I should attend because I am a new revert and I don't know if the seminar will be to advanced for my knowledge. :shymuslima1:

muslim10012

Asalam Alaikum, A very kind and knowledgeable sister invited me to attend a seminar being held by the Al Magrhib Institute. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this establishment? Here is web address please Insha Allah let me know what you think http://www.almaghrib.org/seminars.php. I am wondering if I should attend because I am a new revert and I don't know if the seminar will be to advanced for my knowledge. :shymuslima1:

salamoaulikom
there is many which one you wanna attend ?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
I attended one time and my husband attended many of their seminars .Its very good .They have good lectures ,you will enjoy it I'm sure ..
They are expencive though ,that's the only think I don't like .

waaleikum salam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
:salam2: sister
may Allah taala guid you and strenghten your heart with faith and give you more knowledge .

i don't advice you to learn How to pray in 4 days for $165 , it's realy not from islam this things to make peopel pay for learning islam. you can just see the prices .

you can teach your self by your self step by step by the help of Allah taala , and study Arabic ther you are and meet with muslims comunity and aske proofs . and inshae Allah taala you will be very good full with knowledge. amine. go to masjid and libraries . but alwayas keep in mind the source of islam is only Quran and Sunnah .

you are not comended to know all but at least do our obligatory duties. if you make them you are in the safe way inshae Allah taala , and knowledge came step by step from Allah taala

this is Bidaah ( Novelty ) what this peopel do teach islam with a lot of dollars , this realy amazing !!!! realy it's new . none of the companions peace be upon them did like this . they have there own jobs and even some poors but never teached how to pray
$165.

that do not surprise me realy
may Allah taala have mercy on us .

salam aleikum
Brother they offer Financial aid for a lot of students ...
I don't agree that they charge so much ,but at least we have this.
Just think, where we supposed to go to learn Islam,not every Masjid offer classes for sisters ,or any education at all.
Plus this people rent a building for the class ,they travel to different cities ,they print the books and CDs and give it in the class.
Nothing is free and nothing is cheap now days ,lets be realistic..
Leaning how to pray ,just by memorizing without understanding ,not going to help ..
In the class they teach word to word what we say in a prayer ,and it helps a lot .We want to pray with khushoo and know the meaning of what we saying .
I know for those who are born Muslims or who know arabic its easy to say ,don't go here ,don't go there ,but you guys have no idea ,what every revert /convert has to go through .Everybody just say go learn in the Masjid ,do you know how reverts are treated in the Masjids? Do you know how community treats them ? Have you went through this? I did and I know.

Allah will Judge those people for what they doing ,if they overcharge people ,what I want is the knowledge and I can pay for it ,if I know it will benefit me ,and I leave the Judgment to Allah ..

waaleikum salam

bemuslim

When does Allaah accept a person’s deeds? What are the conditions for a deed to be righteous and acceptable to Allaah?

Praise be to Allaah.

An action cannot be an act of worship unless it includes two things: complete love and complete humility. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But those who believe, love Allaah more (than anything else)”

[al-Baqarah 2:165]

“Verily, those who live in awe for fear of their Lord”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:57]

And Allaah mentions them together in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us” [al-Anbiya’ 21:90]

Once this is understood, we will realize that worship can only be accepted from a Muslim who believes in Allaah alone (Tawheed), as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust” [al-Furqaan 25:23]

In Saheeh Muslim (214) it is narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, during the Jaahiliyyah, Ibn Jud’aan used to uphold the ties of kinship and feed the poor. Will that avail him anything?’ He said, ‘It will not avail him anything because he never said, “O Allaah, forgive me my sins on the Day of Judgement”’” – i.e., he did not believe in the resurrection or do good deeds hoping to meet Allaah.

Moreover, the Muslim’s worship will not be accepted unless it meets two basic conditions:

1 – Sincerity of intention towards Allaah, which means that the person’s intention in all his words and deeds, both outward and inward, is to seek the pleasure of Allaah and none other.

2 – It should be in accordance with the sharee’ah which Allaah has prescribed, and he should not worship Allaah in any other way. That is achieved by following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and what he brought, and shunning anything that goes against it, and not inventing any new form of worship that has not been narrated in sound reports from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

The evidence for these two conditions is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord” [al-Kahf 18:110]

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “ ‘So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord’ means his reward; ‘let him work righteousness’ means, that which is in accordance with the laws of Allaah; ‘and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord’ this means seeking the Face of Allaah alone, with no partner or associate. These two conditions are the basis of acceptable deeds, which must be sincerely for the sake of Allaah alone and correct according to the sharee’ah of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

[The staments of Sahaba (RAA) and of Ullima about following the Sunnah.

Ibn Mas`ud (RAA) used to say, "Doing a little of the Sunna is better than striving hard in innovation."

Al-Hasan ibn Abi’l-Hasan (RH) said, "A little action following a sunna is better than a lot of action following an innovation."

Ali (RAA) said, "I am not a Prophet nor have I received revelation, but I act according to the Book of Allah and the Sunna of the Prophet Muhammad as much as I can."

Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal (RH) said: "Whoever rejects a statement of the Messenger of Allaah (SAW) is on the brink of destruction."

Imaam ash-Shaafi (RH) reported a concensus among the scholars of the Sahaabah, the Taabi`oon and their followers that: "If a sunnah of Allah's Messenger, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, becomes manifest to a person, he does not have any choice but to follow it, regardless of what other people say." [Quoted in Ar-Risaalah at-Tabookiyyah of Ibn ul Qayyim]

Shafi' (RH) said: Allah has imposed the duty on men to obey His book as well as the sunna of His Apostle. For He said in His Book: "O our Lord, raise up amongst them an Apostle, one of themselves, to recite to them Thy signs and to teach them the Book and Wisdom and to purify them. Verily Thou art All-mighty, All-wise (Sura #2 ayah #123)."

Al-Shafi’(RH), may Allaah have mercy on him, said: “I do not know of anyone among the Sahaabah and Taabi’een who narrated a report from the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) without accepting it, adhering to it and affirming that this was sunnah Those who came after the Taabi’een, and those whom we met did likewise: they all accepted the reports and took them to be sunnah, praising those who followed them and criticizing those who went against them. Whoever deviated from this path would be regarded by us as having deviated from the way of the Companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the scholars who followed them, and would be considered as one of the ignorant.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman

:salam2:

My sister, i have had the pleasure of attending these courses and i've found great benefit in them so much so that i havent missed one course since my first one! Ignore all those who seek to complicate things and go for it, and just like me inshaallah you'll never regret it! its a bit pricey but look at how much we are willing to pay for secular education! its worth it, beleive me. May Allah make it easy for you.