Allo Allo

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
:salam:

howdy folks...

just thought i'd introduce myself here...

My Name's Asim... I was told by a friend bout this forum... so thought i might as well join in... 20k+ people... there's gotta be some action going on here...

anyway... bit bout myself you ask? stop perving on my profile eh?

well... I'm Indian (well part persian and part god knows from where... but im guessing arab?... my family name seems to imply lineage from Abu-Bakr Bin Siddiq, but i got no idea bout that... not that it matters anyway, since everyone's accountable for their own deeds eh) I grew up in Saudi my whole life, went to an American school in Saudi (from KG till grad)... yea sounds weird eh? but they got international schools in Saudi... and i've been in Australia for the past few years for University... Alhamdullilah I finished uni now... what a cocktail eh?

Why didnt you go to study in the US do you ask?

A. Rip off
B. I wasnt prepared to go through 2 years of college-level High-School all over again! Especially after having done A.P. Courses in High-School...
C. because i felt like it ok... got a problem?

Alhamdullilah Australia (Melbourne especially) is a nice place for Muslims to live in... masjids dotted all over the city... islamic lectures & events constantly going on... and what-not... but... nothing beats Saudi ;)

I'm looking forward to spreading love on this forum... :astag:

stop thinking weird things... im talkin bout the love of our deen, and the love of gaining Islamic knowledge! dirty minded people...

btw, Al-Gharib means "The Stranger" in arabic for the really curious... ;)

:wasalam:

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam:

howdy folks...

just thought i'd introduce myself here...

My Name's Asim... I was told by a friend bout this forum... so thought i might as well join in... 20k+ people... there's gotta be some action going on here...

anyway... bit bout myself you ask? stop perving on my profile eh?

well... I'm Indian (well part persian and part god knows from where... but im guessing arab?... my family name seems to imply lineage from Abu-Bakr Bin Siddiq, but i got no idea bout that... not that it matters anyway, since everyone's accountable for their own deeds eh) I grew up in Saudi my whole life, went to an American school in Saudi (from KG till grad)... yea sounds weird eh? but they got international schools in Saudi... and i've been in Australia for the past few years for University... Alhamdullilah I finished uni now... what a cocktail eh?

Why didnt you go to study in the US do you ask?

A. Rip off
B. I wasnt prepared to go through 2 years of college-level High-School all over again! Especially after having done A.P. Courses in High-School...
C. because i felt like it ok... got a problem?

Alhamdullilah Australia (Melbourne especially) is a nice place for Muslims to live in... masjids dotted all over the city... islamic lectures & events constantly going on... and what-not... but... nothing beats Saudi ;)

I'm looking forward to spreading love on this forum... :astag:

stop thinking weird things... im talkin bout the love of our deen, and the love of gaining Islamic knowledge! dirty minded people...

btw, Al-Gharib means "The Stranger" in arabic for the really curious... ;)

:salam2: Br. Asim

Welcome to the forum and insha Allah hope to see you around the site :) Interesting mix..I myself am a "mut"..a dash of Irish, with a sprinkle of Italian, and Scottish on the side.

Congrats on just graduating. What do you plan to do? Take a few months off or dive right into working?

Australia sounds like a nice place. One of these days I hope to get over there and see the Great Barrier Reef and have a shrimp on the barbie :D

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum ,

Welcome to the Family!
You're funny. And you are a mixture too. MashaAllah....
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Looking forward to seeing you often.

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
Asalamualaikum

it's really interesting to know where your roots are from... I've always been interested in knowing my lineage... but never really got around to finding out... one day maybe InshAllah...

Irish, Italian and Scottish? what a mix... and i thought i was a casserole

Alhamdullilah no more Uni! InshAllah i'll be heading straight into work... gotta save up if i wanna get married any time soon... lol...

don't ask me about shrimp on a barbie... lol... as far as BBQs are concerned... i like my hot-dogs with mustard on them... the way they should be... and i prefer driving on the right side of the lane... not the wrong one... but alas... not much you can do down here... :p

InshAllah i'm looking forward to contributing to the forum...

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
:salam2:

hmmph... I had a reply... and it mysteriously disappeared :|

anyway...

Yea i'm a bit of a casserole... I've always been interested in knowing my heritage... one day i'll find out for sure InshAllah...

InshAllah I plan on heading off straight to work.. gotta save up if i wanna get married any time soon... lol

but then again, whatever Allah has destined for me I guess...

Shrimp on a Barbie? hmmph... ooooooook

I prefer mustard on my hot-dogs thank you very much... and driving on the right side of the road... not the wrong side... but alas... can't really say much when people follow European standards here...

and before anyone asks... I've only seen a Kangaroo twice in my life... one was was far far away in the grassland and the other one was roadkill... (mmm... cheeseburger anyone?)

InshAllah i'm looking forward to contributing to the forum... with all sorts of spam and useful info...

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
ok lemme copy/paste again and see wat happens... lol

hmmph... I had a reply... and it mysteriously disappeared :|

anyway...

Yea i'm a bit of a casserole... I've always been interested in knowing my heritage... one day i'll find out for sure InshAllah...

InshAllah I plan on heading off straight to work.. gotta save up if i wanna get married any time soon... lol

but then again, whatever Allah has destined for me I guess...

Shrimp on a Barbie? hmmph... ooooooook

I prefer mustard on my hot-dogs thank you very much... and driving on the right side of the road... not the wrong side... but alas... can't really say much when people follow European standards here...

and before anyone asks... I've only seen a Kangaroo twice in my life... one was was far far away in the grassland and the other one was roadkill... (mmm... cheeseburger anyone?)

InshAllah i'm looking forward to contributing to the forum... with all sorts of spam and useful info...

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Much better :) Insha Allah may Allah (swt) guide you to the right person.

You are indeed hilarious. Perfect way to start the morning with humor.

Our roadkill doesn't sound as good as yours and unfortunately people eat our roadkill...they call it roadkill gumbo..I rather pass...I guess you could say the roads are always clear except for the occasional deer that always mysteriously pops out when I am driving, but I never hit one.

Catsup is definitely better than mustard on a hotdog.

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!

hmm... sounds like you live around Hillbillies... *maw... bring them younguns! we dun gawt aursailves some dainnar! Mmm mm... we haivin passum tanaight!*

just a warning though... we should avoid excessive joking... i can't quite recall the hadith... but rasullullah(saw) said something along the lines of: "if you knew what i knew, you'd be crying more and joking less"

someone please post the correct hadith...

however, joking is sunnah... but only for those that know how to do it appropriately ;)

btw... you mean Ketchup... not Catsup...

Al-Gharib

No Victor But Allah!
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much.”

A man said to Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyaynah (may Allaah be pleased with him), “Joking is not right, it is to be denounced.” He replied, “Rather it is Sunnah, but only for those who know how to do it and do it at the appropriate time.”

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=22170&ln=eng

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

hmm... sounds like you live around Hillbillies... *maw... bring them younguns! we dun gawt aursailves some dainnar! Mmm mm... we haivin passum tanaight!*

just a warning though... we should avoid excessive joking... i can't quite recall the hadith... but rasullullah(saw) said something along the lines of: "if you knew what i knew, you'd be crying more and joking less"

someone please post the correct hadith...

however, joking is sunnah... but only for those that know how to do it appropriately ;)

btw... you mean Ketchup... not Catsup...

I live in the city but we have a few country folk sprinkled around.

Ketchup/Catsup same thing :) Just that catchup was used first in a dictionary in 1690 way before ketchup...Random facts are my thing.

I only found this about the hadith on islamqa

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much.” In Fath al-Baari it says: “What is meant by knowledge here has to do with the might of Allaah and His vengeance upon those who disobey Him, and the terrors that occur at death, in the grave and on the Day of Resurrection).

Gotta jet I have school. Insha Allah have a good night.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

pheeww, i thought you were the guy in my class called Asim, i really throught you were him until i saw that you're from Australia, God he talks as much as you :D , no offence :)

Welcome by the way...

BintMuhammad

Staff member

I'm totally enjoying this :p Welcome brother Aasim and your posts are showing up correctly, some of them were even posted multiple times LoL.

Makes me wonder, there's gotta be something with kids who grew up in Saudi :SMILY231: