Amr Khaled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roemaysa

Assalamoe Allikoem,

I watch every night the program of Amr Kahled. I really like his program....especially the way how he talks is great. He is really populair....in Europe and also in arabic country's.

But I want to know what all of you think about him?

Wassalaam,

Roemaysa;)

Attachments

• amr khaled.jpg
    amr khaled.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 107

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: i think he is a wonderful da'ee he really knows how to reach peoples heart, i cry everytime i listen to his lectures may allah shower him with forgiveness and honour him inshallah...do you watch the latest show called bismuka nahya? (in your name we live oh allah)...its about the 99 names of allah and how we can live by them day by day.:wasalam:

Roemaysa

:salam2: i think he is a wonderful da'ee he really knows how to reach peoples heart, i cry everytime i listen to his lectures may allah shower him with forgiveness and honour him inshallah...do you watch the latest show called bismuka nahya? (in your name we live oh allah)...its about the 99 names of allah and how we can live by them day by day.:wasalam:

Yes, I watch the show every night.

lightuponlight

about amr khalid

well when i was a beginner i used to listen to amr khalid,but now i found out that he is not a scholar and not agood da3ya.just his apperance u will find that he looks like a singer.he speaks out of ignorance he does not have a previous religious studies.the scholars of of islam talked bou his grave deffects.ex:he said that the a9ssa mosque was build by the prophet dawud in
the place of a jew's house.that means that it is not ours,and allah says in the coran that the first mosque is that of bacca 'alharam mosque'.so do not be misleaded by his sweet talk,it's just poison mixed with honey!
wa salam alaikoum wr wb.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

When amro Khaled started he was good because he was always going back to scholar and have reference to them but since he became popular things started to change for him, and may allah guide us and him, he have a lot of good effect on the youth and teens a lot of young generation changed thier life but... later on he changed ... and started saying things which not acceptable one of them like the brother mentioned about masjied el Aqsa,

Shiekh wajdi Kohoneem send him a lot of letter advising him but I think some one leaked the letter to media. here is a copy of one of them. I know a lot of people say No he is not like that, we hope he is not but as i said in the start he was really good and he use to use references to the shiokh and scholars, but since he became popular..! things changed...

f you need more letter of Wajdi Khoneem to Amaro Khaled click here it ISLAMWAY.COM

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Salam Alaykum...

Brother / MrMuslim..

gazakum Allah khyran...

really i'm Egyption and know Amer khaled..May All direct him to the rigth path..

=======
i think leave me reply ..with No comment better...May Allah forgive him

<wasalam Alaykum>

ibnAbdullah87

I don't know him, but by just looking at his picture I would not take my deen from him. He is openly opposing the messenger of Allah's command to trim the mastash and grow the beard. Brother lightuponlight and brother mrmuslim also pointed out some of his mistakes. There are no scholars that live in the West.

Aref

salam alaikum
im sorry to read that you said that there are no scholars in the west,i personaly know of many of them who are well learned and follow the sunna of our nabi sala Allahu alaihi wa salam.
don't be blinded because of wrong ideas or bad experiences with people,no everyone is equal.
and remember that even though the order of triming the moustache and lengthen the beard is there also there are mani long bearded people that call themselves muslims but in reality are munafiq's.
do not judge a person to be good or bad only because of his or her aprearance.
may Allah show us the reality from the falsehood, ameen.

Kayote

Assalam u Aliekum

Very good point made, Aref. We all should be careful of accusing others without proof. Look at ourselves first before going after others.

Salam

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: subhanallahu khaliq!!!

i cannot believe the amount of backbiting that is going on here? even if he has some defects dont you think its up 2 allah to judge..why do we muslims point out the mistakes of others and not ourselves. if you listen to his lectures they are purely genuine and from the heart and i never once heard himsay something that is dodgy...come on guys its ramdan and you are forking out your knives on another muslim. remeber if you disagree with him about something why dont you write to him and point out his mistakes to him instead of letting other muslims think bad about their brother!! remeber what the prophet said (saw) "i dont want any of you to come up to me and say something about another muslim so that when i see him i think bad of him". have the decency to correct ppl by emailing them and talking to them..i guese all of you know his website. oh and the brother who said that amr khaled shaves his beard..we all make mistakes...did you ever think maybe he doesnt know about that? if you see something bad about ppl you are soppose to correct them not just point it out...and if you hear something bad you are soppose to make 70 excuses for the muslim.

plz take into considerations what i said i am not attacking you i just feel its time we started correcting our mistakes and dwelling on them before accusing others of something.
:wasalam:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
:salam2: subhanallahu khaliq!!!

i cannot believe the amount of backbiting that is going on here? even if he has some defects dont you think its up 2 allah to judge..why do we muslims point out the mistakes of others and not ourselves. if you listen to his lectures they are purely genuine and from the heart and i never once heard himsay something that is dodgy...come on guys its ramdan and you are forking out your knives on another muslim. remeber if you disagree with him about something why dont you write to him and point out his mistakes to him instead of letting other muslims think bad about their brother!! remeber what the prophet said (saw) "i dont want any of you to come up to me and say something about another muslim so that when i see him i think bad of him". have the decency to correct ppl by emailing them and talking to them..i guese all of you know his website. oh and the brother who said that amr khaled shaves his beard..we all make mistakes...did you ever think maybe he doesnt know about that? if you see something bad about ppl you are soppose to correct them not just point it out...and if you hear something bad you are soppose to make 70 excuses for the muslim.

plz take into considerations what i said i am not attacking you i just feel its time we started correcting our mistakes and dwelling on them before accusing others of something.
:wasalam:

salaam alikom sisters and brothers
I DIDNT bring anything, and I am not accusing or back bitting him, I have my mistakes BUT did any one of you read what the shiokh said?? or you all just jump to accuse me of attacking brother amr khaild

we need first of all read and listen what the shiokh are saying about this issue, its like you all accusing the shiokh and d3aa of accusing brother Amr Khail. I ma just posting what they said its up to you to listen to the shiokh or not

But dont start accusing me of accusing Brother Amr Khaild. dont get emotional about it.
I knew this the reaction we will get out of this, but no one is back bitting brother Amr Khalid, He is a good person and A LOT of young generation changed thier life by Allah mercy through attending his lectures, But what ever I posted is from a well known shieokh I didnt BROUGHT anything, as I said YES HE was really good at the start but later on he had strange Fatwa's.

A lot of people came back to religion through of Amr Khalid may Allah Reward him inshallah for every good deed these people will do. Do you think any one like to see that shyokh talk about Amr Khalid like this?
They didnt speak out except when they saw something wrong with his Dawah, they have nothing against him, they trying to advise him.

They shiyokh like to advise and when the person dont listen, what you expect them to do? they will have to answer infront of Allah too if they let the mistake go by without correction.

Did any one of you read the linke and what Wajdee Kohneem said: He said that he kept everything in secert between him and amr khalid later on some one LEAKED the letter he sent to Amr Khalid. So NO ONE said anything bad about him the shyokh said good things about him BUT later on most of them changed thier opinion,
beside sisters are ver senstive about this issue, you need to listen to other shiokh too so you know the difference and the words he uses.
Read the link I posted to Islamway.com .. its a really fair site they dont have anything a gainst any one, they might (use to)have Amr khalid lectures too.
But read what Wajdee Kohneem said with open mind.

one of the sister said:

that what the shiokh trying to do.
I WILL REMOVE THE LINK TO THE NEWS PAPER BUT YOU NEED TO READ WHAT OTHER SHIOKH SAID AND LISTEN WITH OPEN MIND BEFORE YOU START DEFENDING Without listening to the shiokh and what are they saying and why they are saying all this and trying to Advise brother Amr Khalid.

shiokh who talked about his subject
أبو إسحاق الحويني
الشيخ: سعيد عبد العظيم
الشيخ: عبد المنعم الشحات
then lsiten to المفتي :محمد عبدالمقصود[/CENTER]

click here : PLEASE READ AND LISTEN WHAT OTHER DA3AA AND SHIOKH SAID TO CORRECT BROTHER AMR KHAILD[/B]

we all have mistake I am not attacking or saying anything about brother Amr Khalid I am just posting what the other shiokh said. I have my mistakes and Allah know I am not better than any one so dont take what I posted as I dont like or attacking brother Amr Khaild a lot of people speically the young generation changed thier life by Allah mercy then by attending his lectures...........but we need to hear what shiokh saying about this issue now.

ملحوظة: ما قمنا بموقع إذاعة طريق الإسلام بنشر المقال الأول لفضيلة الداعية الشيخ وجدي غنيم إلا من باب الحرص على مصلحة الدعوة والحرص على الأستاذ عمرو خالد نفسه, وما نأمل من نشر الثاني إلا أن يكون خطوة لإصلاح أخطاء وتقدم على طريق الحق, فليس العيب أن نخطئ ولكن العيب كل العيب أن نصر على الأخطاء, وما توفيقي إلا بالله. (مشرف المقالات بموقع طريق الإسلام)

that my opinon too may allah forgive us all

Wa salaam alikom

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: very nice defending but umm the website you posted is all in arabic...some of us here are not arabic speakers? so is there a translation of this website..and by the way i was not attacking rather jus advising you..what ever was said between amr khaled and that sheihk is between them...its not our business ...i just dont like hearing this sheihk said this and this sheihk said that...:wasalam:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom
I am sorry I dont have translation of the web site, I hope some one can translate for you, people who can not read arabic I am sorry you need to ask some one to at least translate what they say before we get emotional about this subject.

Broth Amr Khalid words effects 1000's of people. any way I am not say anything bad about Amr Khalid, that what the shiokh said and advising him and advising people to becarfull with the Fatwa's.

If i did mistake by posting what the shiokh said, then please Admin. remove the thread.

wa salaam alikom

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

First of All Amr Khaled is not a Shaykh (Scholar). He himself admits that he is not a Shaykh. He is also not a Talib al Ilm, which means student of knowledge.. he has never sat with a Shaykh or an Alim and studied books with them, i.e. to go through the Quran and its tafseer or to understand Hadith. He has had no formal education in Islamic studies either. So, this means he has not gone to any university to study Islam. Rather he is just an accountant.

He started giving talks at a gym frequented by Egypts middle class and afluent. He got popular from his talks and people liked his "modernist brand" of Islam. Also, he admits to taking from Sufism.

People liked the way he does his emotional speeches and the very emotional dua with the compulsory crying at the end. So, his popularity is due not to his knowledge, but the way he addresses the people who listen to him.

No matter how nice a person sounds, if they have mistakes then it is important to warn people about that. It is not a sin, nor is it backbiting, especially when concerned with matters of the Deen. So we all have to be careful of what exactly people are saying.

We leave this all to the scholars. Its not our job to critisise and make rulings on individuals.

Personally, i do not know of any mistakes he has made. I have seen his talks, like many others he unfortunately steers clear of important issues such as Tawheed and Aqeedah. Rather, he focuses on issues such as family life, attaining happiness, working in the West etc.

Imaam Bukhari said, "I have met more than a thousand scholars (then he mentioned the names of the more prominent in each of the lands that he travelled to) and I found that they all agreed on the following points: they all used to prohibit bid'ah - that which the Prophet and his Companions were not upon, because of the saying of Allah, 'and hold fast to the rope of Allah and do not separate'" [Imaam Bukhari's article on belief as quoted in Sharh Usul I'tiqaad 1/170. From amongst the scholars he met were: Ahmad bin Hanbal, Abu Ubaid al-Qaasim, ibn Ma'een, ibn Aasim, ibn Abee Shaybah.]

Unfortunately, there are many many people who are seen as "scholars" and who do not do the latter. This is because they hide their beliefs. It is common to the followers of groups such as Ikhwan Muslimoon and others sometimes more extreme groups. This is strange and incorrect behaviour, scholars and "da'ees" need to be open with all their beliefs, especially concerning Aqeedah, i.e. beliefs in Attributes of Allah, avoidance of Bidah and Shirk.

wasalam.

( I would like to point out that the purpose of this website is not to debate on issues to do with who is right scholar, or which groups are wrong, unless there is a big need to do that. . . i.e. someone quotes Farrakhan or something.)

Imaam al-Awzaa'ee said, "Patiently restrict yourselves to the Sunnah, stop where the people stopped, say what they said, avoid what they avoided. Take to the path of the salaf, for indeed what was sufficient for them was sufficient for you." [ash-shari'ah]

Ibraaheem al-Masayrah said, "He who honours an innovator has assisted in the demolition of Islam" [Sharh Usul I'tiqaad]

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
:salam2: mabsoot you said amr khaled has no formal education i.e. he has not gone to university to study islam....its funny cos i heard he studied in the university of wales to study islamic studies...so ??? why not ask him himself...people seem to be saying differnt things...:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2: mabsoot you said amr khaled has no formal education i.e. he has not gone to university to study islam....its funny cos i heard he studied in the university of wales to study islamic studies...so ??? why not ask him himself...people seem to be saying differnt things...:wasalam:

Assalamu alaykum, I was talking about his background and how he has started and got famous.

He has recently moved to the UK and has gone to university of Wales, this does not mean a person is automatically a scholar.

A scholar is someone who has spent many many years learning Islam and has permission from a number of teachers in order to teach. The teachers of these scholars openly acknowledge these students.

Perhaps i will meet him one day, who knows. Hes a Muslim brother and he has done much good work in getting people interested in Islam and making people more aware of the injustices that many do in society.

The important issue, that we all must keep in mind is allocating the correct status for individuals. We are living in a world, where the Muslims are very weak. They have no idea what a Muslim scholar is or should be. How the scholars of the past used to be....... the actual way of teaching and what they taught.

For example, there are scholars known as Muhaditheen who are the experts in Hadith. These scholars who have studied and devoted their whole lives to Islam, who have memorised Quran + tafsir + 30,000 hadith + Explanation of these hadith. The Islamic Fiqh, the various different opinions and the understanding and evidences for the different opinions. They know every single person in an isnaad (chain of narration for hadith), their life history, what scholars have said about them etc. This is knowledge. This is what the scholars of the past were famous for. Infact, they knew a lot more than this, their knowledge wasnt limited to just one or two fields of study, but every branch of Islamic knowledge.

Anything else is worthless, and we must be careful.

There is a great difference in levels of knowledge, wisdom and reliability. The only way to appreciate this is to witness it and to find out how Islamic knowledge should be passed and by whom.

wasalam.

Roemaysa

Information:
Amr Khaled

Amr Mahmoud Helmi Khaled (Arabic عمرو محمود حلمي خالد) (born September 5, 1967) is a Egyptian Muslim activist/preacher. His popularity has now grown all over Arab countries. On April 30, 2006, The New York Times described him as "the world's most famous and influential Muslim televangelist."[citation needed]

Early days
Amr Khaled was born in Alexandria to a wealthy Egyptian family. He graduated from Cairo University in 1988 with a degree in Accounting. Later in 2001, he got a diploma of the Islamic Studies Institute.

He began preaching in 1990 in mosques then switching to full time preaching in 1998 using Satellite TV (his lectures can be seen on the IQRA channel on NILESAT) as his main vehicle. His lectures are popular, and are distributed over the internet as well as on cassette tapes. Traditionalists from Al Azhar are uncomfortable with his rising popularity. The Egyptian authorities, apparently alarmed that his followers are multiplying in numbers, even among the ranks of influential and wealthy families, are believed to have forced him into exile abroad. However, he has always replied to inquiries from his viewers on the TV that he was not banned from airing in Egypt or in other Arab countries.

LIVE MAKERS (2004-2005)

Life Makers (Arabic: صناع الحياة) was a TV program aired from 2004 to 2005, presented by Amr Khaled, and is the main concept of his life. In this program the focus shifts from purely religious talk to action projects. The stated goal of the program is to produce a renaissance for the Arab and Muslim world. Projects in agriculture, education, small industries, healthcare, and other fields have been started and they are in progress.

On the Path of the Beloved (2005)
On the Path of the Beloved (Arabic: على خطى الحبيب) was Amr Khaled's show for Ramadan 2005 in which he told and discussed the life journey of the prophet Muhammad (Sira). The show focused more on the person-side of the prophet and how he dealt with the difficult situations in his life.

In Thy Name We Live (2006)
In the holy month of Ramadan of the year 2006, Amr Khaled started his new show Besmeka Nahya (Arabic:باسمك نحيا) (In Thy Name We Live) which is aired live every night at 7:30 GMT live from Makkah.

The main concept of the show is to discuss the meanings and the importants of the names of Allah in order to increase the faith of the viewers by getting to know more about Allah.

Development by Faith
Amr Khaled is promoting a community development for the Arabic and Muslim Nation Based on using what he terms "Development using Faith" ( Arabic: التنمية بالإيمان ). The idea is to move people towards developing their communities and countries using faith as their motivator and guide for moving towards this development.

The Amr Khaled preaching school
Mustafa Hosni is a rising preacher following in the same footsteps as those of Amr Khaled.

Critics
His detractors often criticise him for not being a specialist in Islamic legal science, and therefore not qualified to preach. His reply is that he is only a 'preacher', who does not issue answers on matters of juristic fiqh; and on May 30, 2004 the British Sunday Times published an article stating that Sir Andrew Turnbull, the cabinet secretary and one of Tony Blair’s closest aides, intends to seek Amr Khaled's aid in furthering the British government’s agenda regarding Muslims, which drastically blemished his name in front of many Muslims who are resentful of the attitude of current western governments towards them.

Mashkuran

Salam 3lakum, frankly speaking i do not like to listen to amr khalid, one he shouts so much and doesnt make sense in his talks.... i totally agree he is not a scholar and doesnt know much, i guess he reads books just like anyone of use do and ends up giving these lectures. you will find his lectures very basic from books maybe.
If you would like to listen to a scolar talking and he knows waht he is talikng and has very very high knowlegd then listen to Dr. Tariq Swaidani, you will find out the real scholar. He has very many lectures realized and the latest one is the Quds & Palastine it will make a chill out of you to listen to the histrory since it all begen till were we are now try him....

Status
Not open for further replies.