Are earrings halal?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
to everybody,may Allah give you blesseings here and in the hereafter.

I am aking a question about the earrings of women.By the way Allah has created us all in a perfect manner,polished and pure;can a woman wear earrings?or are thay a surplus?is there some hadith about the fact that they are Halal for women?
Fi sabil lillah,shukran lakum:wasalam:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As-salam 'alaikum

she should not show this adornment to any non-mahrams and should show it only to her husband or mahrams if it is in places where it is permissible for them to see it, such as the ear and nose for example- Islam QA

wa-llahu a'lam

wassalam

Golden_Green

RE: EARINGS

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 176
Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Abis:

I heard Ibn 'Abbas answering a man who asked him, "Did you attend the prayer of 'Id al Adha or 'Id-al-Fitr with Allah's Apostle?" Ibn 'Abbas replied, "Yes, and had it not been for my close relationship with him, I could not have offered it." (That was because of his young age). Ibn 'Abbas further said, Allah's Apostle went out and offered the Id prayer and then delivered the sermon." Ibn 'Abbas did not mention anything about the Adhan (the call for prayer) or the Iqama. He added, "Then the Prophet went to the women and instructed them and gave them religious advice and ordered them to give alms and I saw them reaching out (their hands to) their ears and necks (to take off the earrings and necklaces, etc.) and throwing (it) towards Bilal. Then the Prophet returned with Bilal to his house . "

Golden_Green

This hadith indicates the permissability of wearing these adornments. It shows the female companions (sahaabiyaat) wore earings and necklaces, and they were not reprimanded or forbidden from doing so.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I don't want to be fanatic,but just follow Allah's Will.A necklace doesn't damage the body:it can be worn and put off in each moment,but the earrings are put on the ears through an "electric pistol" that "pierce" the ear.so the body of a person is not ever pure as it has been delivered.please give more informations,and in sh Allah I'll be calm:blackhijab:

ShyHijabi

I am not sure what you mean about being "pure." An ear piercing does not cause the body to be less pure or it would've been mentioned in the hadiths and proper purification would've been advised. We should not try to search for making the halaal, haraam.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

The default ruling for all general matters related to adornment and other customary practices is that permissibility is to be assumed unless there is specific evidence indicating otherwise.

In any event, there is clear evidence in the Sunnah that the women among the Companions used to wear earrings without any the Prophet (peace be upon him) ever objecting to the practice.

Ibn `Abbâs relates that “the Prophet (peace be upon him) prayed two units of prayer on the day of `Id al-Fitr and did not pray anything before them or after them. Then he went to the women along with Bilâl and commanded them to give in charity. So the women began throwing forth their earrings and necklaces.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (964) and Sahîh Muslim (884)]

The word used for earrings is khurs. This is a ring worn in the ear and that requires the ear to be pierced. Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalânî writes in his commentary on Sahîh al-Bukhârî entitled Fath al-Bârî: “Khurs refers to the ring that is placed in the ear.”

This hadîth is clear evidence that the women of the Companions used to wear earrings and that the Prophet (peace be upon him) did not object to the practice. This is an indication of the tacit approval of the Prophet (peace be upon him) for the practice and proof that it is lawful.

And Allah knows best.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thanks for the replies.by the way I've read many hadith about the fact tha music is haram,tatoos is haram,burning someone's body when he dies it's haram...I thought that everything which hurt/harm/pierce the body(earrings/piercing)was in someway a manner to go against what is written in Quran about the integrity of the body.
Sister Shy Hijabi,I don't mean to make haram what's halal.I this troubled period I'm searching for more calmness (I don't want to be perfect/pure,but as better as possible)and and wish to be as good as I can.maybe it was habitude to wear them,but nowhere in Quran it's written that Allah allowed us to wear them,except maybe those without pierce(like clip-clap).(there is no verse on Quran about earrings,or maybe I didn't look better).sorry for my insistence:hearts:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

Q.137: what is the ruling on piercing the ear or nose of a female infant for beautification?

The Answer: the correct opinion is that there is no harm in ear piercing because it coincides with the intentions by which permissible adornment with jewelry is achieved. It is affirmed that the wives of the companions used to wear earrings. It is tormenting, but only slightly and if it is done in the early years it heals quickly. As for nose piercing, I don't know of any statement of the scholars concerning it, but in our view it is a form of mutilation and deformation of the body. It could be that others do not see it as so, therefore if a woman is in a country in which nose piercing is considered beautiful or a decoration then there is no harm in it.

Sheikh Uthaimeen [Majmu' Fataawa ash-Sheikh:4/137]

taken from the book, Islamic Fataawa Regarding the Muslim Child