Are there any safe Muslim countries to live in?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
This comes from what I was posting in another thread. It's just that I decided to make a new thread about it.

The Christian countries (Russia should be considered one since the government is Christian) are too dangerous/Islamaphobic/anti-Muslim to live in. One Russian province banned the Qur'an from being read, the Muslims in the United States are seen as terrorists and are completely made fun of/abused everyday (will the KKK divert it's attention from Jews to Muslims? Probably pretty soon), British Muslims are being accused of "ruining Britain" and are made fun of/abused, same in France, (which has banned the Hijab in some parts), and Holland has (in some parts of the county) banned the Burqa (the Niqab and Hijab probably are next up).

I've got to get money fast and move to Saudi Arabia. Oh wait, you have an insurgencey attacking that country because they support the United States.

What about Syria or Iran? Oh wait, they're seen as "terrorists" and action will probably be taken against them from the United States.

The only currently safe Muslims countries are Indonesia, Pakistan, Egypt, and Lebanon. But wait: Egypt and Lebanon are under the threat of Israel attacking them again.

I don't want to learn Indonesian. I don't want to have to cram another language in my brain (already am learning French and I've got to start learning Arabic again).

After I make the Hajj, I may move to Pakistan. You think they'd understand my Arabic even though they speak Urdu? If not, they speak English so I'm in luck.

Pakistan, here I come!

[this has been a rant by NewMuslim]

:wasalam:

Kayote

Haha, I chuckled after reading your post.

Here is the honest truth:

Im a Pakistani by birth who spent (little under) 10 yrs in Saudi Arabia, little over 10 yrs in Pakistan & the rest in UK!

What you say about UK is right, you almost feel the anger/hatred of the people in the news/newspaper. However, actually meeting people is less scary, I have told everyone at work that Im a Pakistani muslim & I go for my three prayers to the mosque & Alhumdulillah, noone is rude/nasty to me about it. If anything Im constantly trying to engage them into religious conversation which they very kindly listen you.

So to sum up London (cant say the same for the rest of UK), people are more accepting of you than other places.

Now on to my homeland. Get one thing clear, Pakistan is a third world country. No matter what people say, its not because, America & India have from the start wanted to keep us as a third world country but because we ourselves have not helped eachother. The moment you'll get there, you'll realise how rampant corruption is. Every govt. dept. is corrupt, they have to be, because the salaries are ridiculously low & the govt. employees (& their large families) cannot survive the month without demanding/accepting bribes from others. If you want anything done, you have to pay bribe... how Islamic is that?

Now dont forget the salaries, if you work for a multinational company, well and good. You can earn a good or even handsome salary & live a very comfortable life but be aware that the competition is extremely high & 'contacts' are everything. If anything, contacts are more important than your qualification... most of the time, the job is alrady given to the son of *blah blah* because the father knew the head of the dept. & this is before the application screening stage!

Dont get me wrong, I love Pakisan & while I have British nationality, I feel foreign here & I have to go back because thats where I belong (& I want to raise my kids as proper muslims, not like many Pakistani kids here in UK). However, I also know that all that I have mentioned above will apply to me... if I want to get a driver license & not let them take ages to get it to me, I will have to use contacts or give bribe.

Just be aware of what you are getting into & do proper research (e.g. go & visit Pakistan!).

I hope I didnt scare you but gave you a realistic picture of what you will face...

samiha

---------
Staff member
lol, i totally have something to add, but i can't yet. BUT i shall save my spot for now, i am coming back as soon as I am able. INshallah.

Assalam.

I just wanted to write this but I didn't have time because Maghrib was here and my mother was occupying the computer. Muslim countries are where I want to be, but they are not completely what I want them to be. I am not critisizing them by any standards but my own, so I don't know how valid this is, but I will try to give an account of the only Muslim country I know... Bangladesh. {yez, u 4got this 1} (sheesh, seems like this forum is too personal to be inpersonal. lol, I don't really mind though)

ok, so here goes. Just so I make it clear, I was born in Bangladesh, but I've lived in the U.S. since I was three, I have however gone back like every two years almost and one time I stayed for about half a year, so I do kinda of know how it runs. Last time I went I was um.... 12 yea, so it's almost time for another trip, jk. anyway.... as I was saying I was still kind of young when I went and I was still in my what I call 'my bubble' {A place where everything is sheltered and nothing is of consequence}. So I didn't pay much attention, but now as I look back I see so many things I missed.

Bangladesh (From my POV) is well, at the very least..... complicated. I mean, I can be a Muslim and walk down any street in my hijab and not feel the least bit awkward because other people are wearing it. I can be a practicing Muslim pretty easily there. Not that it wouldn't attract the attention (and critisism) of my relatives, who consider themselves... liberal Muslims, even if I believe that is a non-existant term. So yea, I can practice Islam there, BUT there are soooo many bidah's and blatant shirk, that if I do go back, I don't know HOW I'll stand it.

The books there are not as readily stocked, (lol, this part may be a bit more biased because I don't know how to read Bangla very well) and there is a kind of respect system. That's all good and dandy, but not when it comes in front of a persons darn pride of 'I AM OLDER THERFORE, I KNOW BETTER'. this is not always the case, but many times when you want to even kindly show someone older than you that they are doing wrong, and provide evidence, they get so... offended.

And what was said is right, lol to get something done you either need bribes, or connections. Like say two people get sick with the same sickness, one is rich or has a spread out family and friends, the other does not. Even if the poor one arrives at the doctors door first, the other one will most likely get admitted first.

Also, they teach the theory of evolution in the schools. Pathetic really, but not totally unexpected.

Throughout this whole thing I've told mostly about the bad, and that is a fault on my part. There is plenty of good in Bangladesh and it is a part of me, but its hold is not so strong that I would believe it to be infalliable. Bangladesh may be a Muslim country, but I am not going to even attempt to say it is trying to be Muslim. I am all up for love for your country, but love for your deen should be more. So places that claim to be Muslim, people that claim to be Muslim will let you down at some point, so don't rely on them to always to what's right and have what's right, and follow Islam to the best of ability, regardless of who or what is doing otherwise. Just some advice one Muslim to another.

May Allah make allof our futures bright, full of possibilities and on the path of righteousness.
:D

AishaR

Im with you brother, I love the country & will go there to raise my children, inshallah but the lifestyle is very different from the UK/USA. On a recent trip 6 of us went out for a meal & the bill was more than what the normal family would spent in 2/3 wks on food in Kashmir. Dont get me wrong I would move there 2mw but you need to have some cash behind you & know what to expect. There are very few jobs so you need to be able to support yourself.

brighten

seeker of knowledge

My job requires me to travel places. I've travelled to the land of the kuffars as well as the muslim land however I felt safer when traveling in a muslim land be it Dubai, Makkah, Madinah, Oman, Cairo, Kashmir, Istanbul or Malaysia. It’s not that there are no bad people in these countries but being muslims one of the many remarkable things about Islam is the beauty, the sacredness, the intimation of the divine, which manifests itself in daily life especially through daily prayer, the recitation of the Quran, a love of the Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and a remembrance of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) that we so lovingly share.

Despite the political turmoil and corruption in these countries though, the reality of Islam is that Muslims submit only to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) - a submission they affirm five times a day when, in prayer, they prostrate saying Subhana Rabbi-yal A'Ala. For Muslims are aware - and know and understand - that all that is given, achieved, or taken away, in this life is the result of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala), the gift of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) or a test from Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala). There is thus a genuine humility in Muslims which instill a sense of peace and tranquility when we stood together on the vast land of Allah as brethren amongst the muslim ummah. To me it doesn’t matter which muslim country we choose to live in. It’s living as a muslim that really matters. All else is in Allah’s devine wisdom and mercy.

wassalam.

marildu

Assalamu Alaikum,

I plan on moving to Saudi Arabia with my husband in the next five years InshaAllah. To Jeddah, Madinah, or Makkah.

My husband to be is Pakistani and much like Kayote said the same things have been said by him. We plan on visiting Pakistan, but I've been told I could never ever go out alone (because it's not safe) and it'd be better to wear niqaab while we are out and about (because I am very pale and stick out). But my husband to be also lived in Saudi Arabia much of his life and he likes being so close to such important cities.

I'm not sure if I would reccommend Indonesia. I'm assuming you're caucasian so I think it's important to remember that you will stick out a lot. And in the same reasoning it'd be better to live in a bigger city. I've always had an interest in Morocco, but I've heard that recently there's been a lot of secularization there. Have you considered places like Yemen, Jordan, UAE, etc? I'm not very informed on those countries.

rizzumd

Your brother
why have you not considered India in your list brother?
Dont forget that India is the second largest muslim populated country after Indonesia.
India is a country where many different religious peple live together.
I was born & brought up in India and never had any kind of issues/problems because of practicing Islam. I hear sometimes that there are places where Muslims and Kafirs have issues. But all those things happen as part of political move.
Again, this is just my opinion. The only problem in India is you dont feel the environment of Islam in some parts of the country as it is dominated more by Kafirs.
ALLAH (swt) knows the best which is right place. He can give us hidaya to live our life in his guidance irrespective of where ever we live.
I pray God to show us rigt place to live and practice Islam - Ameen.

Abu.Amirah

Hahahaha this is very funny topic :muslim_child:

Well brother I live in Kenya in East of Africa....The place is called Mombasa its an island in the coast regions and all along the coast Alhamdulillah we are majority Muslims lets say 70%.The culture ,lifestyle all islamic.There are like 1000 mosques or more alhamdulillah along the coast.So its very safe here and a good place to leave in.We have diff kinda people from all around the world.Asian ,arabs african....
So anytime you are welcome!!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

I would like to live in Lebanon it was the most friendliest Muslim country i have ever been, but the Israeli Jews and their close cousins Hizbullah are destroying the country.

Makkah, Madinah are obviously best place for Muslim, I was lucky enough to live there before, alhamdulillah.

I would also love to live in Jerusalem, but you know the situation there.

Wasalam

Roemaysa

This comes from what I was posting in another thread. It's just that I decided to make a new thread about it.

The Christian countries (Russia should be considered one since the government is Christian) are too dangerous/Islamaphobic/anti-Muslim to live in. One Russian province banned the Qur'an from being read, the Muslims in the United States are seen as terrorists and are completely made fun of/abused everyday (will the KKK divert it's attention from Jews to Muslims? Probably pretty soon), British Muslims are being accused of "ruining Britain" and are made fun of/abused, same in France, (which has banned the Hijab in some parts), and Holland has (in some parts of the county) banned the Burqa (the Niqab and Hijab probably are next up).

I've got to get money fast and move to Saudi Arabia. Oh wait, you have an insurgencey attacking that country because they support the United States.

What about Syria or Iran? Oh wait, they're seen as "terrorists" and action will probably be taken against them from the United States.

The only currently safe Muslims countries are Indonesia, Pakistan, Egypt, and Lebanon. But wait: Egypt and Lebanon are under the threat of Israel attacking them again.

I don't want to learn Indonesian. I don't want to have to cram another language in my brain (already am learning French and I've got to start learning Arabic again).

After I make the Hajj, I may move to Pakistan. You think they'd understand my Arabic even though they speak Urdu? If not, they speak English so I'm in luck.

Pakistan, here I come!

[this has been a rant by NewMuslim]

Assalaam everyone,

I understand what you mean. I think that you are completaly right. But is is not a solution to escape to another country. We have to build a future for or self ... and trust me theire is no place that is safe anymore... except Makkah ad Medina!

May Allah (subahanahoe wata3ala) support us inchallah!

Wassalaam,

Roemaysa

acedoc

Is it Time for Migration to a Muslim Land yet?

Asalamu Aalikum wa Rahmatullah wa Brakatuh

I am a naturalized US citizen . Born in Pakistan and Alhamdulillah have travelled enough to know better.

First and foremost we must act in accordance to the Quran and sunnah (hadith) only. PLEASE read verse 97 of surah An-Nisa (Chapter 4 of AlQuran). It is now relevant toall of us muslims living in the West. All of us who think that our native lands are not "good enough".

and yes in the time of Dajjal (anti-christ) no land will be save from his evil but two cities in the world Makakh and Medina. Howver at thsi time the inner turmoil in teh Kingdom of Saudi Arabia nad the attitude of the Saudi citizens towards otehr muslims is dispicable. Yes, those two cities are the dseerved of our respect and insha Alalh one day we will all relocate there. But for now we must settel in a land where you will practice Islam with out any restrictions and will not be traeted as a second class citizen. Or worse yet, thrown in prison for being a "foreign agent".

Now a few words about Pakistan. I may be alittle biased, but I do think that it is probably the est palce for a muslim to live. First, you can practice Islam in full accrodance with the Quran and sunnah, assuming you know what taht means and that you have the right schoalrs and teachers. A STRICT WORD OF CAUTION: there are millions of muslism who practice Islam in Pakistan without any thorough knowledge of the Quran and hadith. Stay AWAY from them. Just becasue some says that they practice Islam does not mean that they live strictly in accrodance of Qurannad sunnah.

Pakistan does provide an environment which is free of burdens that most of our Arab brothers live in. In Pakistan you will not e discriminated against either. However, the Pakistani government is now being paranoid about the foreign national living there, much like other muslim nations. So keep your activities very open. Do not get involved with any marginal organizations or persons. Remember, as a foreign-born person you do stick out..for good or for worse. If your area sister, do NOT relocate there alone. You MUST have a good family to support and to live with. There are many bad people even in good countries. Your first and foremost goal should be to please Alalh by thsi migration and when the time is right, insha Allah plan on migrating to Medina or Mekkah.

Much more to say...but limited time and space.

was salamu alikum wa rahmatullah

acedoc

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Some nice replies here :D

Anyways, I may move to Africa. But, I heard they don't like African-Americans (like myself)...

xrasheedb

Assalamu'alaikum

Anywhere would be safe as long as Allah swt will allow it. The only way to be safe would be to develop full yaqin in Allah swt through the sunnah of Nabi Muhammad sws then Allah sws will keep you out of harms way :inshallah: !

:salah:

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

i think pakistan is a good country to live in . Ever thought of malaysia or singapore. Singapore is not really a muslim country but still theres alot of muslims living there. And everything is in english.

case

pakistan is a hard to live in if you are not rich. people will respect if your Islamic alot and will trust you more than other people. however their bases of respect towords your being islamic is because they think your innocent, clean minded you don't understand the ways of this hard world. poverty is strong and yes people do have to even unwillingly fall in the trap of bribes because otherwise your just innocent. and unfortuenatly good islamic people are taken adventage of manytimes. education is the biggest lose of that country and basic islamic knowlegde. corruption has snicked its way into many institution.
But its 101year old guy saying : I will go when Allah takes me. its a man who doesn't agree with you on some matter but still says : i will hold my peace with you for the Sake of Allah. its a blind man with a stike walking on streets on every dusk saying prasies to Allah with nothing in his hand but a Kashcole , knocking doors saying "may Allah give you this and may Allah give you that etc". its in Ramadan the call paryer and before it a call for to the fasting people: "O Rusadaro (fasting people) open your fast."

its these things that makes think. As some one told me once a outsider camee to pakistan to see how the country was run. after examineing he said i didn't believe in God . but after seeing how this country is run, I believe there is a God . otherwise who else would be running it.

i don't know either to laugh or be serious when i hered that

amin

You should go to Afghanistan.People overthere will be more than happy to have you as a guest.
Peace

apocalypse77

You can try Malaysia and Singapore!!Its a multi cultural country and an Asian melting pot when it comes to food (oh and ever heard of Durians? lol )

abdul Qadir

remember death
Hahahaha this is very funny topic :muslim_child:

Well brother I live in Kenya in East of Africa....The place is called Mombasa its an island in the coast regions and all along the coast Alhamdulillah we are majority Muslims lets say 70%.The culture ,lifestyle all islamic.There are like 1000 mosques or more alhamdulillah along the coast.So its very safe here and a good place to leave in.We have diff kinda people from all around the world.Asian ,arabs african....
So anytime you are welcome!!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

i was born in mombasa as well ... its one cool place to live in ... i always think about it and the way its so safe and muslims everywhere and u get to hear the adhan from every place unlike here in europe or the usa :(

2 thumbs up for mombasa raha :D

Abu.Amirah do u go to light house and eat kachiri, mhogo and drink madafu :lol:

Jihan

Some nice replies here :D

Anyways, I may move to Africa. But, I heard they don't like African-Americans (like myself)...

it really depends which part of africa though, i heard that west coast africa isn't very fond of african-american (which is funny because most of them originate from there) but kenya is really nice if you have money (you have to have a certain amount of money in your account to become a resident) and somalia in the parts there is no fighting is nice to go.

My job requires me to travel places. I've travelled to the land of the kuffars as well as the muslim land however I felt safer when traveling in a muslim land be it Dubai, Makkah, Madinah, Oman, Cairo, Kashmir, Istanbul or Malaysia. It’s not that there are no bad people in these countries but being muslims one of the many remarkable things about Islam is the beauty, the sacredness, the intimation of the divine, which manifests itself in daily life especially through daily prayer, the recitation of the Quran, a love of the Prophet Muhammad (salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and a remembrance of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) that we so lovingly share.

Despite the political turmoil and corruption in these countries though, the reality of Islam is that Muslims submit only to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) - a submission they affirm five times a day when, in prayer, they prostrate saying Subhana Rabbi-yal A'Ala. For Muslims are aware - and know and understand - that all that is given, achieved, or taken away, in this life is the result of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala), the gift of Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) or a test from Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala). There is thus a genuine humility in Muslims which instill a sense of peace and tranquility when we stood together on the vast land of Allah as brethren amongst the muslim ummah. To me it doesn’t matter which muslim country we choose to live in. It’s living as a muslim that really matters. All else is in Allah’s devine wisdom and mercy.

wassalam.

Jazakallahu khair sister- I firmly agree with your opinion and train of thought

walaakum salaam