As-salamu laykum sisters and brothers

UmmOf3

MashaAllah, that is so nice.

Velkommen. I am Norwegian too. I have my own website for muslim women, in Norwegian, with a forum, and I am also administrator on islam.no.

There is some other norwegian muslims living in UK I think, too.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear sister
Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar
May Allah put Barakah in your deeds and guide you always.
Welcome to the largest family of this dunya.

Noor to shine

My name is Maria and I am from Norway, but I live in the UK. I became Muslim today..

As-salamu laykum:tti_sister:
:salam2: sister
You are most welcome .....May allah bless you and keep faith firm in our hearts till we meat him in Janna by his mercy......I am very happy (more that any one can imagine ) for this happy news ....Now the gates of mercy , happiness , Peace , are widly open for you. :SMILY139: :SMILY139: :SMILY139:

Maria Norway

Wow another Norwegian! Hvordan gaar det? Concerning the prayers..I have now looked into how to pray..but I'm finding it really hard to memorise everything..Any advice?

justoneofmillion

big welcome sister may this be a path of hope and perceverence may Allah make it easy for you through this journey of life may he protect and watch over you honor and not disgrace you may he be your source of strainght in hard times your light in the darkest night may his word soften your heart when your angry dry your tears when your sad may he become your last word at night the first in the morning. your brother from germany iwill :SMILY346: :SMILY346: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :salah: pray for all of you i always do in sujud wassalam:salah:

A

addan

hi sis

salamu alakum
my dear sis welcome TTI
the site of ummah
big welcome sis
and i sink u will be gate help all bro and sis in her
me allah blss u imeen imeen
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:
:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
alahu akar
alahu akbar
alahu akbar

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Concerning the prayers..I have now looked into how to pray..but I'm finding it really hard to memorise everything..Any advice?

Assalamu alaikum Sister,

Welcome to the beautiful world of Islam!!! Also, welcome to TTI!!! May Allah make your faith stronger, and make you steadfast on this road to Paradise.

You just became a Muslim today, so don`t get frustrated dear sister. Memorization of the Qur`an and the supplications during prayer come with repitition. The more you pray, the better you will be in reciting the Qur`an and supplications.

I hope this will help you:

What should a non-Arab do for the adhkaar in salaah?

Question:
I have become Muslim, al-hamdu-Lillaah, but I do not know Arabic. What should I do with regard to the adhkaar (phrases praising Allaah) in the prayer and reading Qur’aan in Arabic?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The majority of fuqaha’ say that if the non-Arab can speak Arabic, he should not recite Takbeer (saying “Allaahu akbar (Allaah is Most Great)”) in any other language. The evidence for this is that the texts instruct this particular wording, which is Arabic, and that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do it any other way.

But if a non-Arab cannot speak Arabic and is unable to pronounce it, then according to the majority of fuqaha’ it is OK for him to say the Takbeer in his own language after it has been translated from Arabic, according to the statements of the Shaafa’is and Hanbalis, no matter what the language is. The Takbeer is remembrance or mentioning of Allaah, and Allaah can be remembered or mentioned in every language, so a language other than Arabic is an alternative, and the person has to learn how to say it in the other language. There is some controversy as to whether all of the adhkaar of the prayer, such as tashahhud, qunoot, du’aa’, and the tasbeehaat in rukoo’ and sujood may be said in languages other than Arabic.

With regard to reading Qur’aan, the majority say that it is not permissible to read it in any language other than Arabic. The evidence for this is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’aan…” [Yoosuf 12:2]

Moreover, the Qur’aan is a miracle in its wording and its meaning; if it is changed, this is no longer the case, and it is no longer Qur’aan but an interpretation (tafseer). (al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, part 5: A’jami).

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“Section: It is not right to read it in any language other than Arabic, or to substitute other words in Arabic, whether the person can read it well in Arabic or not, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “…an Arabic Qur’aan …’ [Yoosuf 12:2] and ‘In the plain Arabic language’ [al-Shu’ara’ 26:195]. The Qur’aan is a miracle in both its wording and its meaning, but if it is changed this is no longer the case, it is not Qur’aan or anything like it. It is only an interpretation (tafseer), and if the interpretation were like the Qur’aan itself, they would not be unable to meet the challenge of producing a soorah like it.

If a person cannot read well in Arabic, he has to learn. If he does not learn when he is able to, his prayers are not valid. If he is not able, or he fears that he does not have time to learn before the time for the next prayer is over, and he knows one aayah of al-Faatihah, he should repeat it seven times… If he can recite more than that, he should repeat it as much as he needs to make his recitation equivalent to the length of Soorat al-Fatihah, or he could make it up by reciting other aayaat. If he knows some aayaat he does not have to repeat, he could recite another aayah instead, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded the one who could not recite Qur’aan well to say ‘Al-Hamdu Lillaah (Praise be to Allaah)’ and other phrases, which is part of an aayah, but he did not command him to repeat it. If he cannot do anything, but he knows some of the Qur’aan by heart, he should recite whatever he can, and nothing else will do, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood from Rifaa’ah ibn Raafi’, who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When you get up to pray, if you know some Qur’aan, recite it, otherwise say al-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah), and La ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is no god but Allaah), and Allaahu akbar (Allaah is Most Great).”

This is more like Qur’aan, and is more appropriate (than any other words). He should also recite as much as he needs to make it equivalent in length to Soorat al-Faatihah. If he cannot recite anything of the Qur’aan, and cannot learn before it is too late to pray the current prayer, he should say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah wa Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa Allaahu akbar wa Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (Glory be to Allaah; praise be to Allaah; there is no god but Allaah; Allaah is Most Great; and there is no strength and no power except with Allaah). Abu Dawood reported that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said:

“I cannot learn anything of the Qur’aan. Teach me something that will suffice me.” He said, “Say Subhaan Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillaah wa Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa Allaahu akbar wa Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah.”
And Allaah knows best.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Mashallah ,
Waaleikum salaam sister ,welcome to this big family .Please make dua/supplications for me Allah to forgive me all my sins,Please sister .because your dua easily to be accepted because you dont have sins.Please

Suleiman,manchester ,UK

AllpraisetoAllah

:salam2: Sister

:ma: :ma: :ma: I'm very happy that you became muslim, May Allah keep you on his path and reward you with much good insha'Allah.

your sister in Islaam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Allahu-akbar !
Dear sister,
may Allah's peace and blessings be upon you. A very warm welcome and many many congratulations on your finding the truth, may allah keep u guiding forever and may He make your coming to Islam a blessing and a glad tiding for our Ummah and for the whole world. Hope you will have a great time here at TTI, inshaAllah. Remember us in your prayers and keep seeking guidence from Allah.

nadine

salam maria

i am please for your revert. Well i will be pleased to enter the mulim english community. I feel that Islam is better practicing there I am new in this web and normally I spend 4 hoo on swimming but for the first time i spend my all day at this web. Soprannallah.

I need the community around me but not the mosk particularly

learnermuslim

Velkommen / Ahlan

Assalaam Alaikum Sister Maria,

Welcome and may Allah make your journey to peace, fulfilment and happiness easy and steadfast.

As other sisters have stated, you are just beginning your journey and as such should not fret too much about knowing everything right away. Been in Islam for 33 years and still learning, but then that could just be me :-(

Your keeness and attitude is already being rewarded by Allah (Allah rewards nee'at [intention] for good deeds from the moment you think of them till you do them, with bad thoughts not punished unless/until you actually do them) so keep thinking good thoughts and inshAllah meet them with action for the ultimate and eternal reward.

Am sure Sister Ummof3 will be of great help, can say that by experience and this site too.

Keep questioning till you are satisfied with the answers and ignore negativity be it from individuals or societies, their fault not Islam's or Allah's, but am sure you know that already to have taken such a blessed step :)

Fi amanAllah

fasbir

introducing my self

assalaamu aleykum w/ after that great greeting. i have joined this community, when iam saying this community i mean this block or what ever u call it. jazaakumullaah those brothers and sisters who did this job to bring muslims one one place where those who wana discover islam can get help and other who allah gave them ni,ma to be muslim long ago can see alot or can get infromation. iam from somalia but live in leicester. salamu alaikum

Maria Norway

Mashallah!
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! It warms my heart, and I pray your iman grows Inshallah.

For other people who are cotemplating whether to become a muslim or not? Think about this: What is the meaning of life? Why are we here? and were are we going to end up?

Salam :tti_sister:

salehya

Asalam alykum my sister in the islam!
Allahu akbar allahu akbar allahu akbar , alhamdu lillah !
my deep greetings to you , Maria may Allah accept you as a true muslim inshallah and may he bestows you the entire submission to life with strong internal heart believing in the great islam !
in the name of Allah the most gracious the most merciful , all praise and thank's are Allah's ,the lord of all the exists , i''ll prostrate to Allah tow prayers prostrations in the El Aqssa mousque in jerusalim in palestine , that i present them to you inshallah due to yours islamic converting ( alhamdu lillah ).
my sister in islam dear Maria , you will find inshallah that isalm is the only religion that gives you to feel the real serenity, peace , logic , true human rights , brotherhood , assisstance , knowledge , work , and you will find the greatness of our beloved final prophet Muhammad ( god bless and peace be upon him) as well as the duty to follow his way !
Allahu akbar Allahu akbar Allahu akbar !