Assalamu alaikum from Finland

Munaqaba23

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

I'm a new member in www.turntoislam.com.
I'm 23 years old and I've been a muslim for 5 years now alhamdulillaah. I recently started wearing niqab/burqa and I'm now getting used to a life with it in this christian society :hijabi:

Thanks to turntoislam.com for all the great videos!
Seeing "Islam in Nederland" was on of the things which gave me the confidence to start using niqab, alhamdulillaah.

Now I would just need a niqabi-smiley ;)

:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum
welcom to the site sister
nice to have you here
Enjoy your stay

waaleikum salam

averoes

assalmu aleikoum
welcome sister, how did your family react to your courage? cause i guess it's not easy there.
good luck and best wishes from me.....
salam

Averoes

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Waalaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

MashAllah. Welcome to the Family Sis.
It's nice having you here.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Take care.

asma angel

wsalaam sis..

its really nice to hear this frm u.. well come to this site..
& we all pray for ur future..

MAY ALLAH BLESS U.. :tti_sister:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Mitakuloo :D, thats the only finish word i know, and i can't remember what it means, but a warm welcome to you dear sister :hearts:

abdellah007

salam alayki sister.

masha allah, may allah help you in ur life.

and u welcome to TTI.

may llah bless us all.

wassalam

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam sister
MASHA ALLAH .n welcome to the site hope this site will b very beneficial to u INSHA ALLAH.so make urself at home.
enjoy ur stay.
waslam

Munaqaba23

Reactions of Finns

assalmu aleikoum
welcome sister, how did your family react to your courage? cause i guess it's not easy there.

Wa alaikum assalam

Well, actually, I was surprised that I haven't got much negative reactions because of my niqab. :eek: Usually people come to ask questions in a positive way, alhamdulillaah.

Aggressive and racist comments I have only got to my website or e-mail.
Just few persons have come to say something face to face.

My mothers first comment was "You seem to be in a 'islam-psychosis'." :SMILY23:

But, alhamdulillaah, already on the next week she had calmed down, and she even wanted to know how to wear niqab/burqa!!
I guess she was just shocked and scared of other peoples reactions, but then realized how stupid it is to think about others, when I am happy with my decision. She is, by the way, one of those few Christians, how believe that Allah=God, not some other "god". I hope you understand what I mean...

At this moment I am the only one in my city wearing niqab/burqa. There aren't many hijabis here either, less than 15. So that's probably why I draw crazy people like a magnet... :SMILY27:
Last week on my way to university some man started shouting to my face "Allah Allah give me a camel... I WILL KILL YOU!"
I got so confused, that I automatically replied: "wa aleikum".
Then the man got even more confused than me, and went away!!
Alhamdulillaah, I feel my Islamic way of replying saved me from a dangerous situation. :tti_sister: :allahuakbar:

Please don't think now that such things happen every day! It was the first time of my life and insha Allah last. 90% of people have been friendly to me, alhamdulillaah.

:wasalam:

Munaqaba23

:salam2: sister,

Welcome to the site.
Can i assume you know sister harb........:mashallah:

Wa alaikum assalam
I live out of the capital, Helsinki, where most of the Finnish Muslims live. So I don't know so many sisters...
I'm originally from the North Finland, and I am still hosting a website for the local sisters group, even though I now live in other city in the Central Finland.

libin, "Mitä kuuluu?" Means "How are you?" ;)
And the answer is "Kiitos hyvää"!
["ä" is pronounced like Alif in arabic.]

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Wa alaikum assalam

Last week on my way to university some man started shouting to my face "Allah Allah give me a camel... I WILL KILL YOU!"
I got so confused, that I automatically replied: "wa aleikum".
Then the man got even more confused than me, and went away!!
Alhamdulillaah, I feel my Islamic way of replying saved me from a dangerous situation. :tti_sister: :allahuakbar:

Allahu akbar....
Alhamdulilah
where did the camel came from? didnt see that coming:)

muharram23

Staff member
that is what actually all ignorent people think. Everyone who comes to argue with me over the internet when i give dawa, they mention terrorism, ak47, taliban, and iraq. Like as if islam was only there. But they don't understand that the smallest % of muslims are actually in arab countries, and that the majority are in western and other countries around the world. But, then what i have realized is that you should not even have anything with people who are ignorent. Because they are not really there to learn, but rather to argue and belittle our religion. Just better to say sura "Kaafiroon". :)

Assalamu alaykum

muharram23

Staff member
that is what actually all ignorent people think. Everyone who comes to argue with me over the internet when i give dawa, they mention terrorism, ak47, taliban, and iraq. Like as if islam was only there. But they don't understand that the smallest % of muslims are actually in arab countries, and that the majority are in western and other countries around the world. But, then what i have realized is that you should not even have anything with people who are ignorent. Because they are not really there to learn, but rather to argue and belittle our religion. Just better to say sura "Kaafiroon". :)

Assalamu alaykum

wallahu alem

averoes

@Munaqaba23

first, salam alaykoum sister.
i really appreciate your courage, cause it's not easy to decide to wear Niqab in societies where the woman is just a sexual object.Societies where people are under mind control by Rupert Murdoch media. societies where people think that they are free.
allah bless you sister

amir_al_shahid

salam aleykum from ure naighbur country sweden:)
mashallah u have niqab how is it with niqab in finland?
ive been there some times but never seen much muslims...